+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I want out.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    The thing I like about Australia is the country's capacity to moderate people. Maybe it's something about the climate or the people here, but I've never met an Aussie who could be described as extreme. I'm sure there are off shoots existing there some where, but they are rare to the point of being extraordinary and exotic.
    There's still an air of self-sufficiency in Australians that isn't common in Western culture. I think its b/c you are so far from everybody else.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    The thing I like about Australia is the country's capacity to moderate people. Maybe it's something about the climate or the people here, but I've never met an Aussie who could be described as extreme. I'm sure there are off shoots existing there some where, but they are rare to the point of being extraordinary and exotic.
    How about those natives that run around in loin cloths and drink their own piss? Exotic? Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    That's b/c when Hong Kong reverted back to China, all the money came here. "Hongcouver" is our local nickname. There's also some history with the Japanese population here due to the internment of WWII. We have a strong Nikkei here. Not one of Canada's shining moments.

Now, we've got the Chinese & Korean gangs vying for their piece of the drug trade. If anything kills our 'most liveable' rankings, it will be the increased gang violence we've been having.
    Big fan of the "Shoot first, ask questions later" method. People don't understand how you deal with gangs. You don't send them to prison, you don't arrest them and take away their shit, you SHOOT THEM! Its a proven fact, dead people don't sell drugs and don't shoot other people.

This innocent till proven guilty and equal treatment stuff needs a few loop holes right around the necks of the gang bangers IMO.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post

Our mountains are older, and cooler.

Here are PA's urbanized areas:
    thanks fras. that is great information. however our mountains are still higher (which would make them much cooler, temperature wise). and bigger. and we still have more undeveloped land. a lot of it is mountainous too. i'm not dissing on where you're from, so don't be so defensive.

Last edited by misombra; 23-10-09 at 11:55 AM.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    All Long Islanders and people from NYC think that the entirety of upstate New York is hilly and that no flat land exists in upstate anywhere. It actually annoys me how they think such an oddly shaped state like NY could have some homogeneous terrain. This is where I am from and it is not hilly at all

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    Big fan of the "Shoot first, ask questions later" method. People don't understand how you deal with gangs. You don't send them to prison, you don't arrest them and take away their shit, you SHOOT THEM! Its a proven fact, dead people don't sell drugs and don't shoot other people.
    Cb, come to Vancouver. RCMP is hiring. 'Send them to prison'? LOL, there's a joke. Even the ones they catch, the paperwork just kills the process. Its not the cops, its the courts. I can understand why the police are so damned frustrated.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Cb, come to Vancouver. RCMP is hiring. 'Send them to prison'? LOL, there's a joke. Even the ones they catch, the paperwork just kills the process. Its not the cops, its the courts. I can understand why the police are so damned frustrated.
    As appealing as that sounds, I have never envisioned my life long career to involve dry humping a horse up and down city streets for the next 30 years

But honestly, its a separate issue but more frustrating than the dealers themselves. The courts need to be restructured, its ridiculous how long things get delayed. You have people on death row that never even make it to the execution chamber because of the appeals they can submit. I see no problem with the "one and done" proceeding. You get one appeal, that's it.
    Last edited by Cbrider; 23-10-09 at 12:06 PM.

The Warmonger

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We got squad cars up here just last year. But the local igloo prices are off the charts in Vancouver these days.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

We got squad cars up here just last year. But the local igloo prices are off the charts in Vancouver these days.
    We got tasers, we like to shoot minorities with them

The Warmonger

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We got tasers, we like to shoot minorities with them
    Oh, same here. We kill them with tasers, in fact. Only confused, jet-lagged foreign men in airports, tho. Not gang-members for some strange reason.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Oh, same here. We kill them with tasers, in fact. Only confused, jet-lagged foreign men in airports, tho. Not gang-members for some strange reason.
    Guys high on meth don't generally have much of a reaction to tasers.

Refer to example number one when it comes to dealing with these guys. "Shoot first, ask questions later."

I wouldn't be a good civil leader, but the crime rate would drop!

The Warmonger

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If I ever get my own country, you're hired, Cb. Solves both your problems.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    [url]http://vimeo.com/4273363[/url]

stupid asshole cops.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Oh, my God that poor man had, like, no wiener.
    Spammer Spanker

Guys high on meth don't generally have much of a reaction to tasers.

Refer to example number one when it comes to dealing with these guys. "Shoot first, ask questions later."

I wouldn't be a good civil leader, but the crime rate would drop!
    I'm quite confident you would be the crime rate.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast