+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiay in NY

hahah, thanks lilwing regular sex is gonna rock. we've had so little chance to really get to know each other that way and perfect it- I mean, there's not much you can do with first time sex anyway.
    btw, I stayed over at his place, and he's bringing me back to my sublet this morning

wow, my landlord is driving me NUTS. he talks ALL the time, and really quickly and mumbly, yet still expects me to understand. he calls every previous tenant an utter idiot, and keeps raving about this woman who he loves but who is a drug addict who lives on the streets and.. the wall between my room and the main room is almost non-existent, and he keeps talking to me through it. He also keeps obsessing about my bf, too; like where did he take me to dinner, EVERYTHING. I swear, at moments i'm a few nerve shreds away from having a breakdown.
    hopefully my new roommate will move in tonight and provide a semblance of sanity.
    plus, I don't want to annoy my bf with constantly calling him, etc. and the wifi is very unreliable.. so.. wow, I need to get a job so that I can proceed to hardly spend any time in this place.
    other than this though, the price and the location are FANTASTIC. I dont' have to worry about money, and broadway is right around the corner. the park is two blocks away. I have to start exploring soon or i'll go mad.
    Last edited by Tiay; 02-06-07 at 09:46 AM.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's pretty weird how your landlord even cares about your personal life... I wouldn't trust him. Sleep with one eye open <-- Like that.

Most of NYC is really safe though, but there are weirdos everywhere.

yeah. I think he's just a lonely guy who has the possibility of surrounding himself with attractive girls by subletting the room for next to nothing. still, he's driving me nuts. my roommate is so sweet tho!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your landlord probably likes talking to you because of your beautiful irish accent, Tiay.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Irish accent?? I'm confused now.

Wait, you're Irish??

I have more of a german accent than an irish one though, it's kind of a strange mix.

odd, he talks so damn much he doens't get to hear my accent. I agreed to help him with the laundry- which consisted of me following him around while he cursed endlessly about this doorman who apparently he did a favour for and who now wont give him a card for the laundry room. moron. mother****er. do you see what he did to me? do you see what he did to me? that idiot. see what he did to me? ENDLESS!!! i'm going to go insane here. on my first night here when I had been travelling for 15 hours, he made me read all these damn letters he's sending to his damn druggie girl. I'm going to have a mental attack of some sort soon.
    Last edited by Tiay; 02-06-07 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Irish accent?? I'm confused now.

Wait, you're Irish??
    well then give me a call and find out.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's too bad you didn't have the foresight to pretend you were deaf before you met him, Tiay. Maybe next time?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

oh, dangit, that's a good idea, vash

anachronistic Guest
    lol lol lol,

welcome to america tiay

i would start screaming at him in german...:

PASS AUF DU kOCKER! [random german insults here]

yeah, yesterday he was just being rude, and I finally stopped and said "HEY! EXCUSE ME!?".. ah well. as soon as I'm spending less time here and going to a good job and know my way around, he wont be able to bother me as much.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    YOu could start taking to yourself as though you were crazy. It's not too late for that, you know...

he's got me playing the innocent-homeschooled-farm-girl angle. bleh. there's so much still to figure out, like what kinda metrocard I should get, etc.

you'd think somebody would sit me down and say "ok, so here's this line and everything west of it is called west # street. The streets go this way, the avenues go that way, the numbering goes like this.." etc.
    NOOOO! they just jump right in with super complicated addresses and think you're an idiot if you don't understand. How the **** should I know what the difference between a local and an express train is if nobody actually explains it? somehow they get so wrapped up in their own perception of the city, they cannot comprehend anyone not knowing it, so when they try to explain "so you take the local downtown.." and i'm like "wha?", they don't even know what there is to explain. however, neither of those words is self explanatory. why does nobody just go "downtown means it's going south, local means it stops a lot as opposed to the express that only stops at major stops". grrr!
    Last edited by Tiay; 03-06-07 at 07:17 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why don't you go to one of those tourist centers? You can pick up a free map. Maybe you can even get a bus tour to help orient yourself to the city. It is HUGE and you can easily get yourself lost.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast