+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I think he threw a hissy fit. She was a reporter from the New York Times not a partisan heckler. Just because you disagree with the question doesn't mean you should lose your decorum. Just politely refuse to answer the question. I don't think a world leader should be an emotionless robot, but if you look up "John McCain" and "anger" on Youtube you'll find alot of clips just like this in which he lashes out at other senators and people in congress like a kid throwing a tantrum. He's pretty notorious for it in Washington.
    Had a look, sure things get heated and I'd be surprised to see it in swedish politics, but here in Aussie-land the debates often aren't far off what I found below, not many of them up on youtube unfortunately.

[ame="http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=sM2jY7N9mCE"]YouTube - Brendan Nelson censures Kevin Rudd[/ame]

[ame="http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2mhHi28moY&NR=1"]YouTube - 2007's last Question Time[/ame]

Very amusing to watch though. Politicians really need some nerves to speak with people booing and crap.
    Last edited by Lipp; 30-09-08 at 03:35 PM.

Ok, so who is watching the debate tonight? I know I am, although I'm still sick so I don't have anything else to do anyway.

I was watching Letterman last night and he said he was anticipating the debate "like a kid in a candy store" and that he felt like something weird was going to happen.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

I'm watching the debate at the moment, no major stuff ups from either one so far. Though I thought this was funny:

"So like, how long have I been doing this thing for just 6 weeks now?" - the Brtiney Spear of Republican party
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    I'm watching the debate at the moment, no major stuff ups from either one so far. Though I thought this was funny:

"So like, how long have I been doing this thing for just 6 weeks now?" - the Brtiney Spear of Republican party
    That made me laugh, too. I was surprised she would even phrase it that way.

She's not making any major mistakes so far yes, although I really wish she'd knock off the "gee whillickers, I'm just a hockey mom" thing because it's starting to sound phony. But I guess that is part of her appeal...I dunno.

Watching it as well, didnt catch it until 8 minutes in though. Palin's being a good debater, so kudos for that, but still Biden hammers it home in my view, she's focusing too much on hollow statements that just sound good.

Palin said the word "Nukelar" twice so far, is that subject to disqualification?
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Yeah, she's coming off as a newb. She can't milk the hockey mom persona forever. After a certain point, she needs to start sounding like a leader which she is not succeeding in.

Aside from her inability to pronounce "nuclear" correctly, I thought she sounded better in this debate than she has anywhere else. Not good enough to win, though.

Anyway, her speech impediment confirms to me that she is Bush in a dress and wig.

[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7653132.stm[/url]

Alright, that's it. Palin will from now on be referred to as "The bitch". This type of politics is just silly.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I say we hold a gangbang on Palin.

As if you need any more reasons to dislike her, here's another:

Palin Misquotes Albright: "Place In Hell Reserved For Women Who Don't Support Other Women"

"At a rally today in California, Gov. Sarah Palin offered up a rather jarring argument for supporting the Republican ticket. "There's a place in Hell reserved for women who don't support other women," the Alaska Governor said, claiming she was quoting former Clinton Secretary of State Madeleine Albright.

The statement came after Palin had recounted a "providential" moment she experienced on Saturday: "I'm reading on my Starbucks mocha cup, ok? The quote of the day... It was Madeleine Albright, former Secretary of State [crowd boos] and UN ambassador. ... Now she said it, I didn't. She said, 'There's a place in Hell reserved for women who don't support other women.'"

Actually, Albright didn't say that. The real quote is, "There's a place in Hell reserved for women who don't help other women." (Sources made the same point to CBS's Scott Conroy.)"

[url]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/05/palin-misquotes-albright_n_131967.html[/url]

It's hard to imagine her believing Madeline Albright saying something so ridiculous. Check out Palin's moronic and inappropriate smiling.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecx3iGwC0Ic"]YouTube - Biden Chokes Up during Debate[/ame]

^^^Was Palin really listening to Biden at that time? She probably only understood the last fews words he stated because she was concentrating on what to say next. She doesn't want to go off her scripts because we know what will happen when she loses her focus.

EDIT: She could have mentioned her condolence or other remark for Biden. This situation just shows that she is heavily sticking to her script or that she is extremely coldhearted. It's probably both.
    Last edited by lesa; 06-10-08 at 03:17 AM.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

I really think she just wasn't listening. Too bad it shows... it looks extremely unprofessional at best, and downright mean at worst.

I seriously think her latest "gloves off" remarks come due to this

A group of Alaskan state employees have agreed to testify at a probe into alleged abuses of power by Republican vice-presidential nominee, Sarah Palin.

[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7653938.stm[/url]

Her abuse of power case in Alaska is heating up and she desperately wants attention off her self.

It's about a Kansas City shuffle.That's where everybody looks right and you go left - Lucky Number Slevin
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast