HEY back on topic!

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    HEY back on topic!

Yes, ma'm

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Girl - why don't you just skip the soup?

I don't eat pork. i don't expect the whole world to abstain from eating it, though.

It's just one course out of an entire meal. Just don't eat it.
    I am skipping the soup regardless of how it is served. However, I believe that your reasons for not eating pork and my reasons for not eating shark vary greatly and it is that reason I try to spread the word. Because no one ever knows the real deal until told. (At least no one I know has just said I'm going to sop eating shark fin...). And becasue I have been successful in 'teaching' folk who nothing about the shark fin trade until I brought it to their attention- they in turn are spreading the word to their friends and family. At least that's how I'm looking at it.

Can we not ruin girls thread with this? Move on to the other thread as suggested. PP, don't dismiss global warming so easily. Do some research first.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I hope we won't have to pay taxes for farts in the future... You know, CO2 emission... Ok that was my last post about global BSing

Edit:And I asked for some correction (help)

Well Girl. In worst case, don't go to the wedding. I mean , I wouldn't like to go to a big snob party anyway. Don't like snobs. Seems like you don't like either... And if she's pissing you off that much... Why wasting time on such brat? Screw her, it's not like she's your only friend, right? She'll be alone eventually anyway.
    Last edited by Petit Papillon; 18-03-10 at 05:31 AM.
    I wazzzz here

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am skipping the soup regardless of how it is served. However, I believe that your reasons for not eating pork and my reasons for not eating shark vary greatly and it is that reason I try to spread the word. Because no one ever knows the real deal until told. (At least no one I know has just said I'm going to sop eating shark fin...). And becasue I have been successful in 'teaching' folk who nothing about the shark fin trade until I brought it to their attention- they in turn are spreading the word to their friends and family. At least that's how I'm looking at it.
    I also don't eat veal. It's disgusting. I just skip it if it's served. It's HER wedding day, not yours. Just pass on the soup.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Vash- I already said I'd skip it no matter what.

I'll eat anything, at least once.

(Not in a David Hasselhoff sort of way, though)

So the issue is then that you can easily skip it, but want to inform and influence others to object to it as well?

In a dinner it might be somewhat discussed and people make up their own mind (and hopefully accept different ideas rather than demanding agreement), if someone started preaching about why they shouldn't eat the food in the middle of my wedding banquet I'd tell them to hit the road and not come back.
    Last edited by Lipp; 18-03-10 at 05:54 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    So the issue is then that you can easily skip it, but want to inform and influence others to do object to it?

In a dinner it might be somewhat discussed and people make up their own mind (and hopefully accept different ideas rather than demanding agreement), if someone started preaching about why they shouldn't eat the food in the middle of my wedding banquet I'd tell them to hit the road and not come back.
    Well I'm not a total bitch about it. The last wedding I went to I was given my bowl, I put it aside and said nothing to any member at my table. I was however asked if I was going to eat it, I said no. They asked why. I told him in as few words as possible. I do not eat chark fin, I do not believe the manner in which it is being fished. They asked if they could have my bowl, I said no. The bitch thought I was kidding and proceeded to grab my bowl, she wasn't fast enough- I dumped my chili pepper in it first. You might argue that was the wrong way to go about it the shark is already dead- whatever, I don't think anyone should be able to enjoy the bowl that I was served.

I do not preach, I try to leave my feelings (for the most part at the door) and state the who, what, where, when and whys. I do not demand agreement, I ask for their reasons and counter them with alternatives. It's worked for a few. I mean I try not to be crazy about the whole thing and for the most part I'm not (in the begginning). But when someone like Mary just sort of throws up the whole I don't care bullshit it's annoying.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Vashti, this is a good lesson for us all, when pork is being served and someone asks for your serving make sure to spit on it or chili pepper might work as well.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well I'm not a total bitch about it. The last wedding I went to I was given my bowl, I put it aside and said nothing to any member at my table. I was however asked if I was going to eat it, I said no. They asked why. I told him in as few words as possible. I do not eat chark fin, I do not believe the manner in which it is being fished. They asked if they could have my bowl, I said no. The bitch thought I was kidding and proceeded to grab my bowl, she wasn't fast enough- I dumped my chili pepper in it first. You might argue that was the wrong way to go about it the shark is already dead- whatever, I don't think anyone should be able to enjoy the bowl that I was served.
    You did that at someone's WEDDING?

That's genuinely shocking.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

They asked if they could have my bowl, I said no. The bitch thought I was kidding and proceeded to grab my bowl, she wasn't fast enough- I dumped my chili pepper in it first. You might argue that was the wrong way to go about it the shark is already dead- whatever, I don't think anyone should be able to enjoy the bowl that I was served.

I do not preach, I try to leave my feelings (for the most part at the door) and state the who, what, where, when and whys. I do not demand agreement, I ask for their reasons and counter them with alternatives. It's worked for a few. I mean I try not to be crazy about the whole thing and for the most part I'm not (in the begginning). But when someone like Mary just sort of throws up the whole I don't care bullshit it's annoying.
    You did what?????????

You've got to be joking.

Food is precious, even if you don't particularly enjoy the procurement, source, or taste of it.

Not eating it was your perogative.

Purposefully attempting to bar it from consumption after it's been prepared is ****ing criminal. Whether I like shark, don't like shark, or am indifferent to shark.

That's food. AND YOU NEVER WASTE FOOD, EVER. One day you may be in the position to understand what hunger really is. Millions of children around this world endure it EVERY moment of their short and waking lives.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    DOC, that was really touching and right on the spot!
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am surprised you were ever invited to another wedding, girl.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast