+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How was your day

Exeter! Welcome back dude. Everyone's been pretty m.i.a. lately. Nice to see a familiar...s/n ha.

Hope you get back to a normal work schedule soon. You work construction or something similar right? Must be a bitch in all that heat. It's starting to cool down now. Well at least where I am..fall is my favorite time in NY.

Day so far has been rough. Came on here looking for a distraction. My mom's dog I posted about a while ago who had a lump on the side of her face had to get euthanized tuesday. The cancer started to spread through her body and there was nothing they could do. Mom couldn't take her so I did. Dude. Never had to do anything like that before. When they went to take her from me she started shaking and hiding behind me. Saddest thing I ever witnessed. Not gunna lie I cried like a baby once I got into my car. **** cancer.
    Last edited by nico88; 19-09-14 at 02:35 PM.

Aw, that is sad about your mom's pup passing, they really held out awhile too, bless em and you for doing what your mom couldn't do. The doggie must have been in awful pain and discomfort and only positive is that you sent them to a peaceful rest now, no more pain for them. What was the doggies name, nico? Is your mom doing alright now, or still very sad? When my childhood cat died, I went with my dad to take her in and before we left dad took her to the car and I was still inside and I let out such a loud cry scream that he heard it outside and in the car with the windows up, he said it made him cry for the sorrow I was to endure soon, its a sad day when you have to put down what is basically a family member who has always loved you unconditionally. Was that incident just this week for you, nico, how are you feeling too?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, your Tattoo Thread is locked, you should ask for it to get re opened.. I wanted to ask re your picture if you got your flag/eagle tattoo and if you did could you share the pic please.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.”

[MENTION=72885]hatesthis[/MENTION]: Welcome back to you too. Missed you around here.

The dog's name was Dakota. Called her cody. Mom is doing alright. She's got 3 more dogs at home to keep her busy and fill that void. If she didn't I think she'd take it a lot harder than she is. I took her Tuesday last week. So everything is still fresh. I keep thinking about how scared she looked and how scared she must have been. They wouldn't let me go with her I know some places do but they said it was against procedure there. They were going to cremate her so I had her ashes shipped to mom. When I go back to cali we're gunna spread her ashes over one of her favorite spots. A buddy of mine's pitt is having a litter and I was thinking of getting her one but idk if it's too soon or not..we'll see.

Thanks for your kind words tho. I appreciate it.

Today has been exhausting. I've been working since 4am. Got an hour break. Should be napping but I'm too hyped up on energy drinks to do so...fml.

Quote Originally Posted by nico88 View Post
    Exeter! Welcome back dude. Everyone's been pretty m.i.a. lately. Nice to see a familiar...s/n ha.

Hope you get back to a normal work schedule soon. You work construction or something similar right? Must be a bitch in all that heat. It's starting to cool down now. Well at least where I am..fall is my favorite time in NY.

Day so far has been rough. Came on here looking for a distraction. My mom's dog I posted about a while ago who had a lump on the side of her face had to get euthanized tuesday. The cancer started to spread through her body and there was nothing they could do. Mom couldn't take her so I did. Dude. Never had to do anything like that before. When they went to take her from me she started shaking and hiding behind me. Saddest thing I ever witnessed. Not gunna lie I cried like a baby once I got into my car. **** cancer.
    thanks, nico. next month is back to regular, at least for me. yes, construction, last few weeks hasn't been too hot compared to this time last year, so isn't bad. fall in new york is probably very active and busy too, top cities like new york are great to live in, never bored.

sorry about your family dog, that is difficult when the dog even knows and is scared and hides. good for you to take in your moms dog for her, i would have cried too, not gonna lie, stuff like that sucks to do.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Thanks Exeter.

Today's been good. Actually got to sleep in. Work in 3 hrs. Gunna be a long night. I don't get off till around 2 in the morning. Let the fun begin..

Went to a dope after party last night looking dapper as **** if I do say so myself...drank too much so was definitely feeling it today. Work till 11 pm tonight then back at 5am. Love hate relationship with my job right now.

^ Looking sharp, nico. Nice bowtie too. Special event? What are you doing that makes you go in at 5am, a long commute or that is your start of work hours?

Sorry about your mother's dog, a know a late reply but I read it above just now.

Man, I've been off site for awhile, didn't even realize until I checked my last post =) just been dealing with work and family life lately- rarely get online free posting time.
    Hope all is doing great!

Thx somehelp4me. It hit all of us pretty hard. It's crazy how big of a part a pet plays in your life. I can't imagine what it will be like to lose one of mine.

Pic above was from an after party at a premiere for this independent movie called "whiplash". It was really good. If anyone has the chance to see it they should. You won't be disappointed.

Unfortunately those have been my working hrs as of late. It changes a lot. Like right now I go in from 11 to 11. ****ing sucks but oh well. Gotta make those Benjamins ha.

Hope you're doing well. December is just around the corner dude. You getting nervous or more stoked?

Today has been decent so far. Ready for a nap tho. Or some espresso and a few redbulls haha

you have nicer clothes than me, nico and definitely go to better parties than i do.

i'll look up whiplash and see what it is about, never heard of that movie before. those hours you have are mad but if they pay well then it evens out. gl on the job.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Thanks Exeter. The hours are definitely killing me right now. It's a good thing I love my job. And don't let the pic deceive you. I dress like a bum 80% of the time haha.

Got off early tonight. Just kicking it in bed ready to call it a night. Snapped a pic with the gf. I look like hell but she's pretty damn cute..

Think I'll keep her.

Nice photo of you and the GF, she looks cute.
    My wife would ****ing kill me if I posted her pic here and I tried to post a wedding one in her gown when back after the honeymoon and she shot that down, but she reads here, yours doesn't?
    I'm more stoked than nervous, she is more nervous - day of I'll be nervous as ****.

so far, so good - minus the annoying weather, its a good day
    If reality has ganged up on you, nothing is safe anymore

Welcome to the board Hadleyk. Nice to see a new poster. Normally it's just the 4 of us posting ha.

Thanks somehelp. She's definitely cute. She doesn't mind me posting pics. She was actually on yahoo's homepage the other day. She's a lil local celeb here in nyc. She runs a pilates fitness center in the city. She whips people into shape while looking hella fly ha.

I bet will be nervous the day of. I'd probably be freaking the **** out if I was in your shoes. The good kind of freak out tho. Been thinking about kids a lot lately. Not saying I'm ready for em but looking forward to when I do have some. You guys pick a name yet?

Today was good. Went to a premiere and worked a few hours after that. Tmrw is my early day..going in at 4. Fml.

Hey everybody it's been awhile. Been off for at least 2 months????? I can't remember.

Looking cute with the girlfriend, nico, both of you.

Did you have your baby yet, somehelp4me?

In time off lost my mom and my bf lost his dad, all in two and I reckon some months. He joined me and me him for each service, and in-between we took a grievers trip together.

Everyone seems good here?

We still don't have avatars on our accounts I noticed and lots of my threads are locked too because I wasn't active.
    It's not what you have, it's what you do with what you have that matters.

Anya! Nice to see you back. I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Can't imagine how hard that's gotta be on you. Sending love and positive vibes your way. If you ever need to talk you can shoot me a pm. Keep your head up and your spirit high ok?

Today is my Friday. So stoked. Been working so damn much all I wanna do is sleep. Gotta work till 9 then off till Saturday. Woot****ingwoot. Here's a pic of me and my worklady in the city looking magazine worthy haha

hoping today goes by fast so I can go get some McDonald's. Been craving their chicken nuggets like nobody's business haha
    Last edited by nico88; 17-10-14 at 09:40 AM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast