+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rejected Again

.. who loves ya baby!
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Zekk, honestly, I wouldn't take offense from it. Often people get this idea of what a person is like online, either physically, or personality wise, that rarely transfers over to real life. She may have just had this totally false 'fantasy' idea of what you were like (and we're not even talking looks), that was just unrealistic for you to live up to in person. I've met more than one person who I thought online would be cool to hang out with, but once they are in the same room with you, turn out to be a totally different person.

Of course there are always exceptions to the rule, some people turn out to be even better, cuter, and more fun to be around, in person than they are online....and you know who you are......
    Because a hard man is good to find.

awww... wonder who your talking about!
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

I'll never tell!!!
    Because a hard man is good to find.

Ironliftr3 is right in a sense. there's there forum i visit often. it's basically for car enthusiasts. i've met tons of peeps online and they are awesome. when we get together for meets and such...i just want to wish i never met any of them in person. when i talk to these people in person like i do online, they just say, yup, nope, and smile. not like how they "talk" online. it's kinda disgusting to have a different personality online as they would offline. not everyone has this problem but a majority of people do. i could be one of these people too but it depends on who i talk to i guess. Zekk, how do you know she's not having problems? why do you think she's distant from you now after the initial meet-up? if you're already thinking to let go, you might as well should. but if there's still hope, hang in there...
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Zekk-listen to your inner gut now...if you feel like this isnt going anywhere-then let go-You dont have anything invested at this point but gaining a friend. Youre not at a loss here...

I had zero experience with the online thing until Iron-so I didnt know what the hell to expect-but was pleasantly surprised at our connection...I couldnt give ANY advice on what to expect-other than its IMPOSSIBLE for a female to remain calm(ok me anyway)-I was so damn nervous...I couldve used a stiff drink that night. So maybe Irons right- you have certain expectations on both parts and things might or might not click by the time you ACTUALLY meet. But its not always a bad thing-you could end being really good friends...

I wish you luck with it all buddy...
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

I agree very much with Iron and I think that's what her problem was when we first met. She said something to the degree of "I didn't really know what to expect so..." which means she expected something, I wasn't it. But ya know it isn't too big of a deal anymore. I figure I'll casually chat with her over the summer if she wants to, when she gets back into town for next semester it'll be up to her to ask if I wanna hang out. I vested my interest in it and kept my promise to her, anything further is going to be on her. Either way things will still be good.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345