+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Emo

True, but the first guy's song is better... every time I hear "do you really want to hurt me", I think to myself "yes".

Tedel Guest
    Well, I'm pretty late to this topic, but I've been a teracher, OK? Now listen, I will make it very simple:

You are driving 100mph straight to hell.

Now, I will elaborate:

Emotional Hardcore subculture, or EMOs, is a subculture of protest: They don't like the world as they are, so they want to change it. The problem is that they are too young to change it, so they need to express their discomfort somehow. To this, they choose showing depression or sadness as a way to protest about what they find useless or bad in the world: the materialism, the loneliness, etc. Besides being an artist (arguably, the people who can understand mankind better), two of my ex-students have already successfully attempted suicide, so I know very well what I am talking about.

The problem with EMOs is that they actually end up living their protesting attitude and they get depressed. As a result, they attempt self-harming things: they cut themselves, among others.

Back to your case, I think you are about to sc**w the rest of your life because:

1. You have left the most important activity you could be involved with: school. In the future, you will be absolutely ignorant compared to everybody else and this will make you absolutely manipulable by anybody.

2. You are living what other people have labelled you (you mentioned people labelled you as an emo). Real men do not do this.

3. Real life is not lived through a cellphone Internet connection.

Recommendations:

1. Get back to school as soon as possible. This is brutally important. I don't care if you cannot pay university studies later. You can come to Peru and become a professional for a bargain compared to other countries. There are even free universities here. A ticket to Peru may not be that cheap, but you can live with US$4/day here.

2. Stay at home, obey your parents, be the change you want to see in the world, building little by little from there.

3. Forget EMO influence, that is death culture.

...more to add but this post is getting too long. Good luck.

I am going to sit down with my gf and talk to her about moving to a town/city where there are better jobs avilable. We have already talked about moving away from this town as there is nothing here for us accept family. My uncle has said that where he lives there are a lot of stores struggling to find people to work so ill suggest that play to my gf and if she gives it a thumbs up I'll ask that uncle if its ok to bored with them untill we can get a house. I am willing to do hard work if it means we can live a happy life togther. As I had said before... I had gotten a job to support 2 people (the carpet laying) but work was slow due to fuel (in your case gas) prices are so high that there was no work what so ever. I should move to a mining town and work in the mines.
    TJ the µß3R Trance Junkie

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345