+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I'm 15, he's 47- bad news???

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I think this is either a real poster or maybe even someone trying to lure out the pervert population, which thankfully is absent on this forum.
    I'm not completely absent yet, dammit!

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You're not old enough to be that kind of perv.

But I touch small children!

You touch yourself.
    Spammer Spanker

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    You touch yourself.
    Ouch......

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My kids can write with proper punctuation, and skaterboy was a punctuation-nazi on this forum at the age of 15, so perhaps I am more inclined to see it as the norm.

Anyway, there is a difference between befriending a kid and wanting to engage in a romantic relationship with one.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

At 15 - you are still a girl. Perhaps I was. And I would really be worried If I knew as a parent that my adolescent daughter is flirting over the net as the 47-year old man knows she is a minor. Age might not be that relevant in the virtual world somehow, but in the real world, the one we live in - it is. 15 to 47, it's a very big gap.
    Last edited by lamarthe; 28-02-07 at 04:38 AM.

but what is a reasonable age difference for a 15/16 year old???

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There's been a bunch of Dateline specials about online predators ...

in fact, they had the special this week, Monday and Tuesday ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger_ View Post
    but what is a reasonable age difference for a 15/16 year old???
    In my opinion, not more than a couple of years, depending on maturity.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yeah i think 5 years would probably be the biggest difference when in your teen years. Then ontop of sheer age comparison you must factor in maturity like vashti said. Its not simple but its not hard either.
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

Ok i havent read all 5 pages, but i am going to tell you that i went through the same thing pretty much. At 15 years old, i met a guy on the internet who was 30. Like you, i didnt think anything bad of it. I liked him. He wasnt perverted to me or trying to have cyber sex with me. Which at the time and of course still do, thought was ridiculous. Anyways. I talked to him on the phone all the time. And i thought wow this guy is great. He isnt one of those men who want to have sex with me. We wanted to meet and everything. It was "great". He lived in about 1 hour from me, and we planned to meet at a Wendys resturant one day. By this time i was 16. Well i brought a friend with me, of course, i wasnt THAT stupid. Well he came through the wendys door and I had known what he was wearing because well he told me before wha he would wear. I have to say, he was the ugliest motherfu*** ive ever seen. He sat down with my friend and I, and started touching my legs and arms. It was gross and uncomfortable. After 10 mins, my freind made an excuse to leave, so we left and I had changed my cell phone number and AIM name so i wouldnt speak to him again. And I Am sooo glad he never found me.

What im trying to say is that, you may think he is this great guy, but a background check isnt going to give you EVERY detail of this dudes life. He may be some sick pervert once you meet him and it might not end well for you. 47 is WAAAY to old for a 15 yr old. Your young, and you may not like the boys at your school or your age, but wait a few years, college is different and you can find different guys anywhere. I usd to think i knew what love was, and told off everyone who told me different, bt now that i am older and been through what i have been through, i have to say they were right. Your young, and age isnt just a number. Im sorry but you should drop this man. And if you dont want to. Then id advise you NOt to meet him. He should have some common sense not to speak to a girl your age at all. If i knew who he was, id probably call the cops to check thsi dude out, because yea he can get in trouble.
    "Just put on your big girl panties and deal with it!"

ok, so here's the deal... you all know my heartbreak problem (ive posted it on the broken hearts page)..
    just by coincidence i've come across a 16 year old girl who lives very far away (im in asia, she's in usa)... we just chat sometimes and she konws my whole situation.. she's very mature in her thinking and has advised me and tried to comfort me... i just want to konw if its OK for me to chat with her or if its a perverted thing (im 24)... im sure we wont ever meet or anything like that... and im not a pervert (or i know im not one)... would society label me as one? and its not like our conversations are sexual in nature, we just talk, her problems, my problems and general stuff like that..

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger_ View Post
    ok, so here's the deal... you all know my heartbreak problem (ive posted it on the broken hearts page)..
    just by coincidence i've come across a 16 year old girl who lives very far away (im in asia, she's in usa)... we just chat sometimes and she konws my whole situation.. she's very mature in her thinking and has advised me and tried to comfort me... i just want to konw if its OK for me to chat with her or if its a perverted thing (im 24)... im sure we wont ever meet or anything like that... and im not a pervert (or i know im not one)... would society label me as one? and its not like our conversations are sexual in nature, we just talk, her problems, my problems and general stuff like that..
    It doesn't look like any harm could come of it, but I wouldn't want my 16 year old talking with a 24 year old.

yea, i know what you mean, i'll see where it leads... but if we're both a positive influence in each other's life, then i think it wouldnt be so bad... but thanks for ur advice...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast