+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Why?

thelonius Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss hotty View Post
    Why can guys say i love you and not mean it?

Why do guys say i love u and not mean it?
    Another factor to consider, perhaps, it was really what he meant at that time it was spoken/whispered/whatever. But over time, as individuals either grow apart, lose interest and the like, those words turn into hearsay instead of what it's supposed to mean? Oh, the same can applied to the opposite sex as well BTW. Just my .02 cents ...

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not all guys say "I love you" so easily. I don't think I have ever said "I love you" to anyone aside from my immediate family and grandparents

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    see, you damn greedy bastard. i give you a piece of the pie and it's so typical... you want the damn thing. why can't a women just be satisfied with general love..?? but no, they want the entire wallet if you give them a dollar...

raverboy
    You didn't give me pie you gave me a cookie lol . I'm happy with general love when i can get it
    Life is like a dick. When things get hard, **** it.

Quote Originally Posted by thelonius View Post
    Another factor to consider, perhaps, it was really what he meant at that time it was spoken/whispered/whatever. But over time, as individuals either grow apart, lose interest and the like, those words turn into hearsay instead of what it's supposed to mean? Oh, the same can applied to the opposite sex as well BTW. Just my .02 cents ...
    I know it can be said by girls to
    Life is like a dick. When things get hard, **** it.

It's not love after 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Miss hotty

For myself, saying "I Love you" is a very serious thing.
    It's sort of like firing a gun. Once the trigger is pulled, there is nothing you can do about it, you can't take the bullet back. Same with the words "I Love You", once they leave your mouth, you can't stop them. Saying them, especially without meaning it, can have serious consequences on the receiving person.
    So I have never said those words to anyone without meaning it.
    "Before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes, that way if you make them mad, they will be a mile away and barefoot!"

In the wastelands between insomnia and clarevoiance

Guys will do this all the time, and they can think they mean it, when truly they are just infatuated with the girl. To be honest, it would be nice if some guys would do it less and some girls would believe it less. It creates less of a problem in the long run.
    BACAMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Charity is gay.

This is more for all the guys reading this post.

If your girlfriend tells you that she loved you and you do not feel the same way it is best to reply " I cant say it back but know that I am starting to FALL in love with you more every day"

Don't give in and say you do because this obviously just will make things more difficult and create mixed feelings within the relationship
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 30-11-07 at 12:56 AM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sam, if you want anyone to take you at all seriously, ditch the link in your sig. Otherwise, you'll likely be banned & are only wasting your time here.

Because they have a mouth, a tongue and other parts of the body that enables them to communicate in this manner

It depends on how they say, when they say it, reasons why they say it and their own point of view on what "love" actually means.

Example, one of my exs used to say "I love you today, but it doesn't mean I will love you tomorrow". Her idea of love was that, it's an ever changing feeling, what you feel today tomorrow can be different. I disagree with her in that respect, but it doesn't mean that she is not entitled to her opinion.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why not?

Hahahahahahahah......

NOT

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Example, one of my exs used to say "I love you today, but it doesn't mean I will love you tomorrow".
    Nice. Can't imagine how you let that one go, Mish.
    Spammer Spanker

Love is a complicated thing, whether you say "I love you or not." The truth is, the first person to say it, in my opinion, usually means it. I don't mean someone who feels obligated or pushed. Let's face it though, that's rare. It's the second person to say it that is the morel likely of the two to feel pushed or obligated.

Orders aside, once love is involved on either or both end, all bets are off. Take me and my guy, for example. He says he's in love with me, but wants to break up. This is absurd is my mind. How can someone who is in love with someone else just break things off? I personally can't imagine having him in my life, being in love with him, yet not be able to hold him, touch him, kiss him, cuddle, make love, or spend time with him. He just sees it differently. He feels like we both have some things to work on and that it would be better if we worked on them separately, rather than together.

My point? Regardless of who says it, who doesn't, and the events that transpire afterward. If someone says it, it doesn't mean that they view love the same way you do. So, while you may think that a person says "I love you," without really meaning it, that's only your view of it. It doesn't make it true.
    What hurt feelings you get from this belief is your fault, and your fault alone.

This view of mine, of course, doesn't necessarily reflect all situations (i.e. if a person tells another they love them, then a week later admitted to lying, etc. etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Nice. Can't imagine how you let that one go, Mish.
    Either, I can't believe anyone would let go of a keeper like that.

When she bit me, my emotions for her were so strong I had to hold back my passionate desires of re-arranging her anatomy.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345