• Stay Together

0 0%
  • Live Apart

8 100.00%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Trapped in a relationship

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Perhaps you missed the point? No one is advocating that she shouldn't tell potential partners her status, but rather she shouldn't feel desperate about finding partners. Herpes is not uncommon.
    Do you feel that I may have missed the point?

What is this advocating and desperate stuff? I am giving the reason for why people may go to sites like the one she went to. That is my point. I never made assumptions that she wouldn't tell anyone and I am certainly not saying that she was desperate. Support group-like sites are great ideas for any and everything.

Oh, and my posts 59 & 60 are FYI posts. It is not directed at the OP.
    Last edited by lesa; 16-11-08 at 03:56 AM.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Well since we all want to talk about how so many people out there have genital herpes i spent some time researching the numbers and of the approx. 20 million females aged 20 and up that have hsv2,about 80,000 live in my state.Since about 20% of them live in the detroit metro area that leaves at best 65000 women 20 and up.Now how many of those women are actually 30 to 40 years old?How many live within an hour from me?How many of those women have an internet connection?How many of those women have actually had the guts to put themselves out there on a std dating site? I can tell you that if you were to look at one of these sites and do a search for someone within your age range and within a decent distance from yourselves you wouldnt be mouthing off like people in my position have so many options in the world of dating. If i were to do a search on one of the most well known sites right now for a woman between 30 and 40 i might get 20 viable results.Out of those 20 i now have to see which ones i have things in common with and i find attractive. Now i have to hope they feel the same about me. Then we have to meet in person and thats the real test right. So don't start thinking that it's no different than anyone else out in the dating world because you have no idea.I used cdc numbers and us census numbers for my figures.I naturally had to do some estimating but i kept it as honest as possible.We are limited not only to the people of opposite gender that have hsv2,we are limited to the people that have hsv2,are within dating range,are brave enough to put up a profile,and are compatible with ourselves.Mabey now you get how the two of us ended up together.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm still unconvinced.

You and lesa can come up with 101 reasons why it's okay for a man your age to date 19 year old girls, and I will forever remain unconvinced. Sorry. Maybe when your daughters are closing in on that age, you'll understand why.

Lesa - I guess your last couple of posts were a bit unclear to me when you went off by saying you'd be angry if someone didn't tell you they had herpes. Sorry.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

We weren't dating we were having sex..period...

I would like to point out that I wasn't desperate, I was horny and he lived near by and had a big dick, plus the fact that he has herpes which gets rid of a lot of complications, therefore he became the target of my sexual affection.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by divinechaos View Post
    We weren't dating we were having sex..period...

I would like to point out that I wasn't desperate, I was horny and he lived near by and had a big dick, plus the fact that he has herpes which gets rid of a lot of complications, therefore he became the target of my sexual affection.
    Well ain't you a classy broad?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Like you would ever have a child!
    Why wouldn't I?

I see through you like I see through a window, you see through me like you see through a mirror

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This thread is going nowhere. I don't think I even believe the OPs are real. I'm done giving advice to these two. If they are for real they should stop posting online and go out and focus on their daughter & seeing a mediator.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    You and lesa can come up with 101 reasons why it's okay for a man your age to date 19 year old girls, and I will forever remain unconvinced. Sorry. Maybe when your daughters are closing in on that age, you'll understand why.
    I said the past was done and cannot be changed and they need to concentrate on the present but learn from their past mistake so that they don't repeat it.

If I ever say it is okay for a man his age to date a 19 year old, please shoot me because I have gone bonkers. And if I had a daughter that age, I would really be bonkers for saying that. I don't need a child to imagine my reaction.

This post is making me look bad hehe. Oh my, I can imagine going berserk if my 19 year old was interested in a 37 year old. BERSERK!. Where's my gun?

Anyways. I agree with others that the thread has out last its usefulness .
    Last edited by lesa; 16-11-08 at 09:14 AM.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345