+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: married 70 years...

I can't see myself not spending the rest of my life with my husband. In fact, that was one big factor in feeling like I knew he was "the one". I could totally see us sitting around a retirement community being old farts together. I think our chances of success are pretty damn good since I married in my late-thirties, but mostly because he is just an amazingly supportive and caring guy.

Take note, single people. Some things are definitely worth the wait.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by SirWagginston View Post
    I think this only makes your idea more practical, and better for children. It's wishful thinking to say that it will happen because of that.
    Well, it's just a bit of speculation, which is the goal of this thread no? Who knows what will happen... but you got a point in that it's not too likely that such drastic changes in the very structure of society could happen, at least not in our lifetimes. But in a further future...
    Time to stop complaining when there is no reason to. Life's good, man.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I can't see myself not spending the rest of my life with my husband. In fact, that was one big factor in feeling like I knew he was "the one". I could totally see us sitting around a retirement community being old farts together. I think our chances of success are pretty damn good since I married in my late-thirties, but mostly because he is just an amazingly supportive and caring guy.

Take note, single people. Some things are definitely worth the wait.
    I totally agree Starbie. This is how I kind of 'knew', too. We were visiting his parents in their retirement park in Arizona, and we were walking around talking about all the stuff we would do when we retired and I thought "Wow, I could totally see us doing this together when we're old."

Getting married when you're older IS worth the wait. If only there was some way I could convince my future children that staying unmarried until later was the best way to go. Hmmmmmm.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345