+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Against Racism

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, you'd be Cinderella. I've LOVE to be the evil stepmom. Well, the Witch Queen actually, but that's a different story (Snow White, I think).
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    So long as it involves a mostly horizontal exercise program, I accept.
    Desperate times calls for desperate measures.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    No, you'd be Cinderella. I've LOVE to be the evil stepmom. Well, the Witch Queen actually, but that's a different story (Snow White, I think).
    That's what I said, I'd be cast in the Cinderella role. And yes the Wicked witch / queen is snow white...

I love fairy tales, but the real ones, not the Disney versions. Though Disney have their place they certainly rob the fairy tales of their darkness.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would be such an awesome Snow Queen.....

Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd be a great Elphaba:

mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    I'd be a great Elphaba:
    I'm not marrying you until you abandon your stupid ideologies...and you make me a borshch.

Well I'd make a crappy Cinderella. I'm not too good at housework.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelmakemelol View Post
    I'm not marrying you until you abandon your stupid ideologies...and you make me a borshch.
    Elphaba does not marry
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She should have made the Wizard her bitch. He was a loser fake whereas she was the real deal (as real as a fake character in a play, I suppose).
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmax View Post
    Seems more like a pseudo-asshole to me.
    nah - he's a genuine asshole.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Vashti, what I was referring to more was the fact that to the rest of the world, our black fellas can't just be called black when describing them to someone internationally. You have to specify Australian Aboriginal. I don't know a single Koori that refers to themselves as Australian Aboriginal. I personally though black was black. And that's where I think racism gets ugly... wel uglier.

I was actually discussing the Asia thing with mum last night and she said a similar thing, but added that even the skin tone changes. Then we got into a discussion about how few 'blue' people seem to be left (people so black they have a blue sheen) and how the colour coding of our skin seems dodgy at best. (As a kid I asked why we called black people black when they are actually brown. I'd love to see the reaction if a 5 yr old asked that these days.)

As I have said before, you can't eradicate racism until we are able to look at people without seeing a difference. And no, Bo, I am not just talking about being colour blind. I am talking about just accepting that peoples is peoples and essentially we are all the same. Once we realise we are the same, then we can work on respecting differences. Am I making any sense?
    people have Black and White vision,,,,They know only two colors for identifying the difference i.e Black and White....
    Currently on my way to Cloud Number 9.....

Guys....Please dont deviate the topic...In this thread i found some people discussion very worthful...so please post the relevant discussion...we should be united to eradicate Racism...we should not fight among us....

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Well, you can't really end racism, so to be against it is to intentionally choose to be offended. Just look at all the harassment laws and social injustice that is still manifesting.
    We cannot end but atleast we can avoid it with help of some good hearts here...I am doing that

Reminds me of this time when I was at a party. Literally every type of person was there and then there's 2 white guys in the middle of the room debating racism LOL
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Maximax --- Sup' whiteboi.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast