+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 18 yr old with a 34 yr old boyfriend

You're young. Enjoy life more honey.
    ...--Just an ordinary guy--...
    Willing to sacrifice for a girl
    ...--forahotdate.com--...

If you have been going out with the guy for just one month in my opinion this is way too soon to consider living together. Especially if it means moving to another town/city.

I think I got to this thread a little late, but I still wanted to through a couple things out there...
    OP, you said
    I dont like guys my age and never have.They're too immature for me and I dont like to deal with the drama they bring.
    Trust me when I tell you that younger guys are not the only ones who bring drama. Older guys just sometimes have different ways to mask the drama. I can't tell you how many times I have had female friends of mine complain about their guy causing some sort of drama, but the guy always thinks he is doing nothing wrong.

Also, people were talking about how you don't really know someone until you live with them... I agree with that statement, and that goes for yourself as well. You don't really know yourself until you are out on your own and you can see what you can do in the world for and by yourself.

My opinion about the age difference doesn't matter. But moving in with someone after dating only a month seems to be pushing things a little too fast. Which makes me wonder why he wants to push things along so fast. Maybe he has some insecurity issues you haven't come across yet.

Long distance can work for a while if you both want it to. Get together on the weekends, etc. Sometimes it even helps focus the important things in your relationship.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by 18dixiegirl View Post
    Again I didnt post this so people could judge me or him.I wanted advice!!!The age defference doesnt bother us or either of our families so thats not the issue here.And what exactly is your opinion of a "real adult?"I know men and women alike in their late 20s and 30s that i'd bet wouldnt be what you would consider a "real adult"
    Im neither judging nor being mean about this. I'm just putting out an unbiased opinion. I use myself as example. Girls your age would be too young for me (im only 37) because our perceptions are far too different due to life experiences. Age aside, why are you taking this so seriously after only dating him for 1.5 months? It's way too soon to be making any long term plans. I mean, it took me 7 years in my last marriage to realize my wife was completely wrong for me....and it took another 5 years to break it off. Just take your time. Im not judging. I just want you to make a good decision, since I have been 18 before and definitely made some major mistakes. That's all.

Kaius

[
    QUOTE=Kaius;749514 Age aside, why are you taking this so seriously after only dating him for 1.5 months? It's way too soon to be making any long term plans. .
    [/QUOTE]No she, gave up her virginty after a month.....And now he's moving away....Thats how much he loves her. Good luck O.P you got yourself a real something there. Dont forget to take your Barbie Dolls with you,

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    No she, gave up her virginty after a month.....And now he's moving away....Thats how much he loves her. Good luck O.P you got yourself a real something there. Dont forget to take your Barbie Dolls with you,
    You are an asshole!!!You dont know anything about the situation other than the information I have given!My boyfriend,his age,the fact the I let him take my virginity less than a month after we started dating or even the fact that he lived an hour and a half away to start with had nothing to do with it.I came here wanting advice on whether I should move to be with him or not when he moved another 3 hours away for his job....Oh and FYI I never played with Barbie Dolls

Oh and FYI I never played with Barbie Dolls
    Theres your trouble right there. Every girl who played with Barbie dolls would know that if Barbie only knew Ken for one month that she would make him work for it. First the pink caddi. then, Maybe... LMAO.

(juts kidding wit ya).
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Oh OP..Can I ask what your partner does for a job? Just curious thats all.

you are all wasting your breath.............
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by devonbrown View Post
    Trust me when I tell you that younger guys are not the only ones who bring drama. Older guys just sometimes have different ways to mask the drama. I can't tell you how many times I have had female friends of mine complain about their guy causing some sort of drama, but the guy always thinks he is doing nothing wrong.
    ok let's hear that again
    I dont like guys my age and never have.They're too immature for me and I dont like to deal with the drama they bring.
    It's a Cliché some of us use to justify the situation.... (going after THE 30-year old guy)...
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My advice to you is simple: don't do it. Like others have said, you don't want to get yourself into a position wher A) you end up dependent on him, and B) you end up wasting your youth on what RIGHT NOW feels like a relationship worth moving away for.

On a side note.....what is wrong with your parents. Damn. If I had brought home a 34 yr old when I was 18, my Dad would be in jail for murder.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    My advice to you is simple: don't do it. Like others have said, you don't want to get yourself into a position wher A) you end up dependent on him, and B) you end up wasting your youth on what RIGHT NOW feels like a relationship worth moving away for.

On a side note.....what is wrong with your parents. Damn. If I had brought home a 34 yr old when I was 18, my Dad would be in jail for murder.
    I actually think their parents are handling this right. Likely they aren't too happy with this. But, disallowing her to see him, forbidding her relationship, hating on the old boyfriend, that just leads to her doing things behind the parents back. That would mean the parents will completely lose all control and oversight into the relationship. They won't know how serious it is, they won't be able to give advice when things go wrong, etc.
    She is of legal age, legally mature. Her parents should have no say in who she dates anyway.

Why is everyone wasting their energy on this girl?

She's 18 and is so irrational. She's been saying that some people have been giving good advice and others bad advice, but she doesn't even realize that everyone is giving her the same fu​cking advice.

I hope she does move in with this guy. She'll learn a few valuable lessons.

Her parents should have no say in who she dates anyway.
    Come back after you have a daughter and tell me if you feel the same way. She may be of legal age to have a relationship with whom she so desires but as long as she is living in her parents home and and spending their money, then yes.. I'd say they have a right to voice their concerns with who she dates. You don't raise a child to the legal age to watch them make a huge mistake (possibly) without voicing your concerns. Fathers are usually worse than mothers when it comes to their "little darl'n"

Personally, I wouldn't care how old he was as long as he treated her well because at 18 she is old enough to make adult decisions. However; after only one month of dating, she doesn't yet know how he will treat her. I would point that out to her. (as I have here to the OP)
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Well I'm father and I can assure you would not be seeing this man any further if you were my daughter.. If I had to go to jail, I would.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast