+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Why do Looks only matter to young women?.

LOL...Vashti, don't show your weaknesses to someone who can see them.

And no, no matter how technical you want to get, Hit ler had his own children.

Fjortis: "You are saying caring for a child is nothing to be praised for"
    No, I said caring for your own child is nothing to be praised for.

A guy's look matter even when a woman is older. Most women don't want a man who is a foot shorter than her. But perhaps looks matter slightly more when we are young. Personally, I would date all the hot/good looking guys when I am young but is willing to settle down with an average looking guy who treats me well and is a responsible person.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    If someone spends their life alone it is probably because they are an introvert..

Not true at all. Some extroverts simply don't have anything to offer women.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by toknow View Post
    LOL...Vashti, don't show your weaknesses to someone who can see them.

And no, no matter how technical you want to get, Hit ler had his own children.

Fjortis: "You are saying caring for a child is nothing to be praised for"
    No, I said caring for your own child is nothing to be praised for.
    Online forum rules: the first one to invoke Hitler loses the arguement.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

>>Men are not considered bad fathers for working 80 hours a week while there wife stays at home and somehow his kids still know he loves them.<<

Holy cr@p. I think a guy who works 80 hpw is a terrible father. Have you read up on the importance of the dad being engaged and active with the kids?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Men are not considered bad fathers for working 80 hours a week while there wife stays at home and somehow his kids still know he loves them.<<

Holy cr@p. I think a guy who works 80 hpw is a terrible father. Have you read up on the importance of the dad being engaged and active with the kids?
    Okay maybe in Australia there's a different situation, but trust me in most populations (and I am not even talking about the developing countries, but places like eastern and central europe, pretty developed countries many of which are part of the europian union) females work on par with the "fathers", the same number of hours AND take care of the kids AND fathers (cook food for them, wash their socks) when they get home.

Yes you are missing my point here. I was saying it is wrong to expect a man to work 60-80hours a week while you sit at home and many stay at home mums only see there husband for an hour a day.

Thats why im saying in a lot of cases its better for two parents to work and they can take equal responsibitiy for the home and the children.

Fjortis: i am from europe and i agree with you completely. I think its perfectly fine for women to work after they have children. Thats my whole point. Others on here have told me "id be a bad parent with that attitude" and i strongly disagree

Do you not think it is interesting that faces judged to be the most attractive, are those that are the most average? It makes sense when you consider we evolve to succeed. And besides, women, as with men, may lust after good looks, but attractiveness is more than skin deep.

Yeah, that's kinda true. A lot of "hot" girls look like men. Angelina Jolie, for instance yet she's one of the many members of guys' spank banks.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Eh women who say looks don't matter are lying. I think looks matter in the beginning but they are not the most important factor. I have liked many guys based on looks but when I start dating them, something just feels off bc our personalities and values are not compatible. It's confusing bc I like what I see and think I like them when really I don't. Obviously things usually don't work out in such cases.

hm... I have actually been attracted to certain men based only on their character (personality, intelligence, outlook on life etc) and not their looks. How do I know this? My friends made fun of me and gave me so much shit about being with these guys cuz they thought these guys were too ugly for me. Heck, I thought they were really attractive...probably not Adonis but I liked them for who they were, flaws and all. Yes so those never worked out in the end bc I'm not currently taken.
    Last edited by rayna; 20-02-13 at 01:22 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    All you stay at home mums (vashti) can judge me all you like. Just because you stay at home with your kids does not give you the right to put yourself up on a pedastil and look down your nose at women who don't.
    Nice try, but I am employed. I have 2 kids that I paid TONS of attention to, and they aren't even remotely spoiled. Children aren't spoiled by attention; they are spoiled by parents who try to buy them off with a bunch of useless junk combined with a lack of limit-setting.

For clarification, I do not look down my nose on women who don't stay home (not everyone can afford to give their children this gift), but rather women who CAN afford it, but find it more important to buy their kids things that aren't needed rather than raise them.

For someone who is so certain about your point of view, you are very defensive!
    Last edited by vashti; 20-02-13 at 03:03 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Confidence and courtship play a HUGE role in the dating scene. Having good looks makes things a lot easier yes, but its NOT the only factor. I have friends who are well kept and are fit, good looking, that are too shy to make a move, and yet I am more on the chubby side I have the confidence to approach women and will get more numbers or dates. While attraction is important, have you never got to know someone and then thought they were physically prettier than when you first saw them? I know I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Slefgor View Post
    While attraction is important, have you never got to know someone and then thought they were physically prettier than when you first saw them? I know I have.
    Yep, definitely happened/s to me! The opposite as well.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Nice try, but I am employed. I have 2 kids that I paid TONS of attention to, and they aren't even remotely spoiled. Children aren't spoiled by attention; they are spoiled by parents who try to buy them off with a bunch of useless junk combined with a lack of limit-setting.

For clarification, I do not look down my nose on women who don't stay home (not everyone can afford to give their children this gift), but rather women who CAN afford it, but find it more important to buy their kids things that aren't needed rather than raise them.

For someone who is so certain about your point of view, you are very defensive!
    I never said buying them gifts was a way to show love. When I said giving them the best-I meant with a nice home, safe, secure stable environment hopefully with two parents that love them and give them plenty of affection and time whilst also working to pay the mortgage. That is another assumption you made. I never said giving them attention-spoils them and I never said anything about you or your kids. I was giving examples of people I know personally.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast