+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: My ex gf's friend bloodied me but I walked away, did I do the right thing?

Lol...well, I accidentally set my flag to United Arab Emirates or something...somebody's reputation comment informed me of my mistake./
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

My flag is set at European Union. There is no option for Irish flag just so you know.

Try clicking on "IE"
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

ok thanks ill try

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    There was nothing sexist about my post. I said "you dont hit a girl, ever"
    This is sexist.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Peace all. The working adults just got home. And damn, the house is a mess!
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by HeheMan View Post
    This is sexist.
    You aren't supposed to hit a girl. It ain't sexist speaking cultural relativistically..
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    You aren't supposed to hit a girl. It ain't sexist speaking cultural relativistically..
    Well in a civilized environment you aren't suppose to hit anyone but I can see where it might seem worst when the man hits a woman than vice-versa. Most of the time, unfortunately the man does more damages if he were to hit us exactly like a bloke. Otherwise, I think it has to do with simply being a gentleman not wanting to see a girl hurt and not some black knight.

I know there are exceptional strong and huge women that might be able to continue going rounds but that's very few (hence why the ''If she wants to punch like a man, hit her like one'' phrase is missing certain logic). In general, the average woman won't last at all. At most, she would only manage to stand up after the first punch but will go down on the second.
    Last edited by BlueMoonSal; 03-05-13 at 11:18 AM.

Thanks for helping me change my flag

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoonSal View Post
    Well in a civilized environment you aren't suppose to hit anyone but I can see where it might seem worst when the man hits a woman than vice-versa. Most of the time, unfortunately the man does more damages if he were to hit us exactly like a bloke. Otherwise, I think it has to do with simply being a gentleman not wanting to see a girl hurt and not some black knight.

I know there are exceptional strong and huge women that might be able to continue going rounds but that's very few (hence why the ''If she wants to punch like a man, hit her like one'' phrase is missing certain logic). In general, the average woman won't last at all. At most, she would only manage to stand up after the first punch but will go down on the second.
    True but our custom/taboo re: this subject is based on biological differences.

I had an arm wrestle with my bf. He used 2fingers-i used 2 hands. It made me swear haha and he beat me and i had this discussion with him yesterday. Asked him does he think what i said is sexist?

He said if he hit me hed prob kill me-if i hit him id tickle him so ya-thats the main reason y a manshould not hit a woman.

Other than that-men by nature are supposed to be protective of women in general. I mean any normal man witnessing a woman being beaten or raped would try to stop it but then again women would do the same thing vice versa.

But men who hurt women are considered (in the western world) to be the lowest of the low and i dont think thats gona change anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    But men who hurt women are considered (in the western world) to be the lowest of the low and i dont think thats gona change anytime soon
    Though many, many generations ago they used to get away with that. It wasn't until laws got stricter in the 70's-80's I think, that it has now been long reinforced.

Ya true but id say even then without the law-only a small % actually beat their wives.

Here is yet another example of the powerful force a man can have (even if he weren't too tall) that at times he might not even know it at that moment:

Way back in 2006 (then 19 years old; in my first and only relationship), my then bf I were playing cops & robbers and wrestling at the same time. Mean you: While I'm 5'7, he was only 1/2 taller and about 10 Ibs heavier. However, while he was playing the cop and I was being the robber, at some point in the game while he stopped and seemed concerned. He told me about hearing a crack on my wrist and asked if I was ok. I honestly didn't hear anything but he did and apologized. It took me a while to convince him to continue playing.

Then during our wrestling game, he would still pin me down and it was hard (almost impossible) to get out of his grip. Though, I noticed he wouldn't do it hard unlike the way he would tell me how he would play wrestling with his buddies (it would include throwing them and going more harder). If that's how hard it is when the guy is either your same height and slightly taller and few pounds heavier, I can imagine all that force a very tall man would have.

One time we actually had a conversation of this very same topic: aggressive woman and what can a man do. This was his response along the lines:
    ''If you started fighting me, I wouldn't need to fight you back. When play wrestling, thought you're not a small girl I still would pin you and you couldn't escape my grip. If it got to that extreme, all I would do if bear hug you and hold you till you're calmed down, you wouldn't be able to get out of my grip''.
    Last edited by BlueMoonSal; 03-05-13 at 11:45 AM.

You're using culture to justify sexism.

True but our custom/taboo re: this subject is based on biological differences.
    You're using biology to justify sexism.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast