+ Follow This Topic
Page 56 of 405 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annoyed you today

ah, I miss Nurse Jackie...the only woman who gets to take revenge on her patients...
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Tell me, indig, ever dealt with an autistic child?

FYI. my post wasnt meant as a nurse bashing, this is the only bad experience i have had with any, and ive dealt with lots. they are usually great and do a fantastic job, as im sure the nurses who dealt with me do, what bothered me was the fact that they didnt listen to me when i first told them about his condition.

I posted about something that annoyed me, not something i wanted an argument about, id rather use my energy elsewhere.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    ah, I miss Nurse Jackie...the only woman who gets to take revenge on her patients...
    I can't wait for this show to come out on DVD... I have only seen the first few episodes, and I loved them.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    Tell me, indig, ever dealt with an autistic child?
    yes, I have. my friend has an autistic child who is out of control. I think I have shared my experiences with it not too long ago. unfortunately, I blame his mom/my friend for getting his condition worse than it could be. I have expressed it to her many times, and for the last 6 months she finally took it to heart and is working with him a lot more than before. How old is your child, qwerty?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well my son is not out of control, just very very sensitive. He is 2 1/2 yrs.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Well my son is not out of control, just very very sensitive. He is 2 1/2 yrs.
    exactly, you still have everything ahead of you. autistic kids require more control and discipline than other kids. my friend's kid is 6 and she really regrets feeling sorry for him when he was that age. i also know a kid who is 14 and autistic. let's just say that his parents can't do anything to help him now.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I KNOW for a fact that nurses are underappreciated and how much crap that take on a daily basis from immature parents. Mature parents KNOW their children and how to handle them. A nurse will not take a half an hour calming your kid down when she has a swarm of other sick kids waiting for her. But what would I know, right Fras? After all my office in Beverly Hills is probably the worst one in the world and not used to spoiled kids or parents.
    Sorry you're not even on the same page we started on.

Kid is crying, mother tells them it's because they're crowding him, they crowd even more because they're thick in the head...I don't see how your hardships as a nurse have anything to do with this.

Even if it's because the kid isn't "disciplined enough", you gonna stick around for the next 16 years of his life to ensure he is? Of course not, so walk out of the room, and let it be.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I realise that, just because we had problems yesterday, does not mean my son is out of control, as it seems you are implying..if you are then that really annoys me, just because your friend has an autistic child, and you know another, does not mean you know the right or wrong way to deal with it.
    Everytime i take my son anywhere, i feel judged by the people that look and see the screaming child, the child doing the odd behaviours, i even get the odd comment, because im not dealing with them in the way they would deal with their 'normal' child.
    Until you live day in day out with a child that cannot be left for more than 5 seconds in case hurts himself doing something he has absolutely no fear of, watch them repeatedly open and shut draws, and line up toys in a row over and over again, because that is the only sense of accomplishment they can recognise, when you hold a toddler so frustrated at not being able to get across what he wants, as he cant talk, he takes it out on you. And until you know what its like to be a mother of this child, and to love them unconditionally, only to be showed NO love in return, well, you really cant say how to discipline and deal with a child like mine.

The debates on the "what annoyed you today" thread... sheesh... can't even properly bitch in peace and quiet...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Sorry you're not even on the same page we started on.

Kid is crying, mother tells them it's because they're crowding him, they crowd even more because they're thick in the head...I don't see how your hardships as a nurse have anything to do with this.

Even if it's because the kid isn't "disciplined enough", you gonna stick around for the next 16 years of his life to ensure he is? Of course not, so walk out of the room, and let it be.
    you make it seem like there was an actual CROWD of nurses in the room. Fras, no matter what you say, you will never understand the concept of kids and pediatric nurses. it's fine if you want to protect qwerty, i am sure she's glad that someone is sticking up for her behaviour.

I realise that, just because we had problems yesterday, does not mean my son is out of control, as it seems you are implying..if you are then that really annoys me, just because your friend has an autistic child, and you know another, does not mean you know the right or wrong way to deal with it.
    Everytime i take my son anywhere, i feel judged by the people that look and see the screaming child, the child doing the odd behaviours, i even get the odd comment, because im not dealing with them in the way they would deal with their 'normal' child.
    Until you live day in day out with a child that cannot be left for more than 5 seconds in case hurts himself doing something he has absolutely no fear of, watch them repeatedly open and shut draws, and line up toys in a row over and over again, because that is the only sense of accomplishment they can recognise, when you hold a toddler so frustrated at not being able to get across what he wants, as he cant talk, he takes it out on you. And until you know what its like to be a mother of this child, and to love them unconditionally, only to be showed NO love in return, well, you really cant say how to discipline and deal with a child like mine.
    1. i was not implying that your son is out of control.
    2. you will always be judged for your kids behaviour.
    3.at 2 1/2 year old, you have described a behaviour of any child at that age, which makes me think, what makes him autistic?
    4. some kids don't start talking till they are 3. and then you can't stop them.
    5. most kids show no love in return.
    6. anyone can tell you how to discipline and deal with your child. it's up to you to take that advice and become a better mother, or let it slide and have regrets later on.
    7. most people with problem kids appreciate all and any advices. it's hard enough having a child, but having a kid with disability is a lot more frustrating for a mother. thus she is welcoming and always looking for help.

Women will be whatever kind mother they want to be and there's not a damn thing the world can do to change that.

I've learned that after spending just 5 min in Wal-Mart.

The rest of the argument is null and void...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    Women will be whatever kind mother they want to be and there's not a damn thing the world can do to change that.

I've learned that after spending just 5 min in Wal-Mart.

The rest of the argument is null and void...
    it takes a village to raise a child.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    1. i was not implying that your son is out of control.
    2. you will always be judged for your kids behaviour.
    3.at 2 1/2 year old, you have described a behaviour of any child at that age, which makes me think, what makes him autistic?
    4. some kids don't start talking till they are 3. and then you can't stop them.
    5. most kids show no love in return.
    6. anyone can tell you how to discipline and deal with your child. it's up to you to take that advice and become a better mother, or let it slide and have regrets later on.
    7. most people with problem kids appreciate all and any advices. it's hard enough having a child, but having a kid with disability is a lot more frustrating for a mother. thus she is welcoming and always looking for help.
    Hmm ok, lets see,

Sustained impairment of interpersonal relationshipscheck

Unawareness of personal identitycheck

Pre-occupation with particular objectscheck

Striving to maintain samenesscheck

Acute anxiety produced by changecheck

Abnormal perceptual experience (hearing and vision)check

Failure to develop speech beyond a very limited levelcheck

Distortion of movementcheck

Some learning difficulty, but some islets of particular skills or abilities or knowledgecheck
    Oh and i didnt realise it was a normal behaviour for a child (if left to) open and close a draw for 4 hours solid, to not make eye contact, to not respond to name or when being spoken to, to hate being touched or approached by other children or adults. the list goes on.

Oh and of course, the fact that he has actually been diagnosed by a paediatrician.

Im sure he will answer anyway, but fras isnt sticking up for me, merely pointing out that you have gone way off and not even read my post properly.

and thats me done with trying to vindicate myself, im outa here.
    Last edited by qwertz; 10-01-10 at 06:10 AM.

My two cents

I greatly respect any professional with the amount of skill required to be a nurse, who has to deal with the contempary whinges and whines of the general public. The general public who seem to think going to a hospital equates to buying a sunday dress and gives them the right to treat the nursing staff like some McTeenager who got their order for large 'fries' wrong.

Its a ****ing disgrace, nurses work hard and know a lot about how to save your life and compared to doctors do not get paid very much. They work shitty shifts, doing shitty jobs and if they didn't have some sort of desire to care for other people, they wouldn't do the job. Compared to normal people they get paid fine, so I usually dislike the pay argument but **** me dead, you've got doctors earning millions and nurses who are lucky to ever crack 100k.