+ Follow This Topic
Page 57 of 405 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annoyed you today

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    George, your an idiot.

Vash, he has circulatory problems, hence them wanting his sats. He has had it done many times before, and just sits there, so long as there arent many people in the room.
    People with circulatory problems get false readings when on pulse oximetry. Really, it's used to guage pulmonary function, and even then, it's of little diagnostic value... if pulmonary problems are suspected, they do more definitive testing, like arterial blood gas tests or pulmonary function tests. If your kid is hollering, he is getting enough oxygen.

It's kind of like measuring blood sugars for diabetics. Yes, the accucheck results give you an indication about blood sugars at a given moment in time, but if you want to really know how a person is doing overall, you do the A1C test, you know?

I don't know why your doctor's office has the staffing to allow for so many people in the room at one time. It's pretty odd, really.
    Last edited by vashti; 10-01-10 at 06:30 AM.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    george, i already said all the nurses i deal with are great, im not ungrateful, my son always gets the best treatment from them, i just moaned about one little thing and its gone onto a full scale argument...yet i dont even know what the argument is now.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BoredGeorge View Post
    My two cents

I greatly respect any professional with the amount of skill required to be a nurse, who has to deal with the contempary whinges and whines of the general public. The general public who seem to think going to a hospital equates to buying a sunday dress and gives them the right to treat the nursing staff like some McTeenager who got their order for large 'fries' wrong.

Its a ****ing disgrace, nurses work hard and know a lot about how to save your life and compared to doctors do not get paid very much. They work shitty shifts, doing shitty jobs and if they didn't have some sort of desire to care for other people, they wouldn't do the job. Compared to normal people they get paid fine, so I usually dislike the pay argument but **** me dead, you've got doctors earning millions and nurses who are lucky to ever crack 100k.
    Why George! That may be the nicest post you ever made! I'm proud of you.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    People with circulatory problems get false readings when on pulse oximetry. Really, it's used to guage pulmonary function, and even then, it's of little diagnostic value... if pulmonary problems are suspected, they do more definitive testing, like arterial blood gas tests or pulmonary function tests.

It's kind of like measuring blood sugars for diabetics. Yes, the accucheck results give you an indication about blood sugars at a given moment in time, but if you want to really know how a person is doing overall, you do the A1C test, you know?

I don't know why your doctor's office has the satffing to allow for so many people in the room at one time. It's pretty odd, really.
    ok, i get what your saying, i just let them do as they ask, afterall, they know more than me, so if they want to do his bp and sats, then who am i to argue?

Im not sure, i think it was 2 nurses and 2 healthcare workers, they dress similar and i didnt pay much attention.

Like i said, the only issue i had was that all 4 werent needed, and i felt my 'warning' about his behaviour, wasnt listened to.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    1. i was not implying that your son is out of control.
    2. you will always be judged for your kids behaviour.
    3.at 2 1/2 year old, you have described a behaviour of any child at that age, which makes me think, what makes him autistic?
    4. some kids don't start talking till they are 3. and then you can't stop them.
    5. most kids show no love in return.
    6. anyone can tell you how to discipline and deal with your child. it's up to you to take that advice and become a better mother, or let it slide and have regrets later on.
    7. most people with problem kids appreciate all and any advices. it's hard enough having a child, but having a kid with disability is a lot more frustrating for a mother. thus she is welcoming and always looking for help.
    This, when I was two all I said was 'no' and when my dad fell asleep I used to try and hit him in the head with things. Once he slept outside on the lawn and I hit him the face with a log.

george, i already said all the nurses i deal with are great, im not ungrateful, my son always gets the best treatment from them, i just moaned about one little thing and its gone onto a full scale argument...yet i dont even know what the argument is now.
    there's no argument really. never was. we were only trying to help.

i only had one question about this:
    Sustained impairment of interpersonal relationshipscheck
    Unawareness of personal identitycheck
    Pre-occupation with particular objectscheck
    Striving to maintain samenesscheck
    Acute anxiety produced by changecheck
    Abnormal perceptual experience (hearing and vision)check
    Failure to develop speech beyond a very limited levelcheck
    Distortion of movementcheck
    Some learning difficulty, but some islets of particular skills or abilities or knowledgecheck

^^^ all of that can not be tested on a 2 year old.

how do you as a mom see him different from other kids?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I understand what you are saying, indig. When my boy was 2 1/2 some psuedo-"nurse" (who wasn't really a nurse, but rather a medical assistant that worked for a pediatrician) told me my son had ADD, and I should take him in for meds. There certainly ARE "trendy" diagnoses, and we need to be careful about labeling kids too early.

That said, we all knew that something wasn't right with my nephew by the time he was a year old (he is also autistic).

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ok, i appreciate your trying to help.

The above can be assessed by what is appropriate for a child his age. He has been diagnosed by seperate paediatricians. It is more than obvious he is, im not going to get into it any more, i wish more than anything he wasnt, but he is, and he is severly(hence him being easily diagnosed so young) anyone spending more than 5 minutes with him can easily see his difficulties.
    And i dont need someone on an internet forum, in another country, trying to tell me he is or isnt.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I understand what you are saying, indig. When my boy was 2 1/2 some psuedo-"nurse" (who wasn't really a nurse, but rather a medical assistant that worked for a pediatrician) told me my son had ADD, and I should take him in for meds. There certainly ARE "trendy" diagnoses, and we need to be careful about labeling kids too early.

That said, we all knew that something wasn't right with my nephew by the time he was a year old (he is also autistic).
    There is nothing 'trendy' about living with it.

Does it have a father, or was this a virgin birth ?

Children are retards. By attaching conditions to their retardedness all you do is make excuses for them to continue to be dipshits latter in life.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Of course not. I was actually taking your side, silly.

What I believe indig was pointing out (and rightly so) is that there ARE trendy diagnoses out there. The 90s were big on ADD/ADHD. Right now, I think the "designer diagnosis" is bipolar disorder. These are labels that were given to normal childhood behaviors, and kids were/are medicated for them.

I don't think autism falls into the category of trendy at all.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know vash, that comment wasnt meant to have 'tone' to it

yes 'it' has a father, what does that matter?

I know, trendy diagnosis are terrible because they make the real diagnosis annoying to hear. For example, it became trendy to be fat, now everyone is fat and look at the all profits corporations like McDonalds have made. Now we have to listen to their shitty adds, full of happy young people on LSD (they think the can draw Ms with their finger and continuously smile for no reason) because they stand to make only more profits of the throngs of new trendy fat people.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Aww, jeezus George. Knock it off already.