+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: He's perfect...except I wish he were richer?

i suggest you really think about what life means to you.

i watched a documentary recently on the most amazing guy (as far as i'm concerned) in history so far: Chuck Feeney Irish american billionaire who gave away his fortune. and to this day helps people around the world. stop moaning and actually try to be a decent person will ya
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    You rubbing a cristal bottle?

Crazy alcoholic, lol.
    that will work for me.... however, i'm not really a champagne kinda person. gimme a nice remy and i'll chill on that bottle.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post

i watched a documentary recently on the most amazing guy (as far as i'm concerned) in history so far: Chuck Feeney Irish american billionaire who gave away his fortune.
    You would.

Why don't you read a bit more about this fellows ties to Sinn Fein? He helped a lot of people, yes. Including many who used the money to help blow others up. What a great guy.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

s_b is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Per se, i don't think it's wrong to have concerns about financial stability if you're seriously thinking about the future (marriage, getting a home, starting a family etc). But have you both spoken about this to try to come up with a plan TOGETHER to resolve your concerns?

My thinking here is that you say he's a great catch but are you sure you're not having second doubts? Maybe you feel he's unable to provide some sort of underlying security you desire etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    You knew how much money he made when the both of you started dating, right? Your analogy is shit unless he was making MORE before your relationship started and then he took a job that paid him less. I don't expect anyone to change their ways when they were that way going into the relationship and neither should you. If you have a problem with his salary and want someone with more money, break up with him so he can find someone worth his time.
    Actually, we started dating in college when he was majoring in engineering, but he decided that it wasn't really what he wanted to do and found a job as a technician after college.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    If you eventually get your doctorate, then why can't YOU be the primary breadwinner? I asked this before and you didn't respond.

You mention children, but you will find it VERY difficult (almost impossible, actually) to be a responsible parent AND a successful academic without the support of a partner. Based on your career trajectories, I would suggest he stay home and raise children, and bring in some extra income from a home-based business. Technician sounds like he's in IT and a lot of those jobs can be done by telecommute. I have a friend who does this; she is a professional who works out of the home and he stays home running his business (he's a web designer) looking after the kids during the day when she is out. Works for them.

Unless, as I said, you are looking for a reason to dump him that is not about money. In which case, you should be more honest with yourself and him.

Good luck.
    He is a bit traditional, like Joe and Vashti, and, although he's never admitted to it, I know that he wants to be the primary breadwinner.

wowweee people breaking up with people coz of money..

money money money

i guess people think money is the answer to happiness? do you ever notice that when you have been most happy was when you spent time with friends and family..or maybe not..maybe it was when you had the newest toy and showed it off smugly to your 'friends'...

ah whatever to each their own. i see divorce and unhappiness ahead for you me darlin'
    Actually, you're wrong and your opinion impedes your ability to process what I've said so far. You, like most of the other people here who are prone to quick judgment, immediately assumed that, just because I wish he had a higher income, that I must be some golddigger who lavishly spends on "the newest toys" and other possessions.

If you had read my posts carefully, you would've realized that I've said many times that I DON'T WANT expensive things, but to be financially secure enough to send my kids to college.

Also, money troubles often causes unhappiness in a relationship. I know of two couples who were very compatible and got along nicely until they encountered financial troubles, which stressed their marriage, ultimately ending it.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    You would.

Why don't you read a bit more about this fellows ties to Sinn Fein? He helped a lot of people, yes. Including many who used the money to help blow others up. What a great guy.
    you makin up lies again little indi, how sweet you care to
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by .Bo. View Post
    Exactly, and people don't just break up over money. They're unhappy and then the financial issues add to the stress and unhappiness. She wants him to make 100k and then she's got her what, 55k on top of that? That's more than necessary especially since they've got more than 18 years to build that up as someone mentioned earlier.

Seriously Pink, admit it you just can't take harsh criticism because you want to sit on your pretty little ass and have people validate your feelings.

People these days are such slaves to money it's sad.
    You're wrong. I've known couples who have broken up solely because of money. How much we make may be "more than necessary" for you and your standards and living conditions, but it's really not that much where we live, even though neither of us are big spenders. Are you able to understand that income, rent, and the price of living varies?

I don't need anyone to validate my feelings, I came here to see if I could get fresh insight from people who didn't personally know me, but obviously you are one of the idiotic, close-minded, prone-to-judgment people who have been nothing but rude and unhelpful.

^^you care too much about money, like i said, anything can happen, war could break out and money could mean nothing. cash is king right now but i doubt it will continue to be in the future, people depend too much on that and use excuses 'for my future security' to act greedily...his money IS his money. get your own

How old are you two? Salaries do go up over time you know? Your retirement funds and such will not be based on a borderline 50k salary for the rest of your lives.

It also sounds like you are trying to dig something out of this guy to make him imperfect for you. His salary is something you cannot control and neither can he! With the exception of working hard to make sure he gets a good raise.

So here...you WISH he made some more money...you know the problem. What is YOUR ideal solution? What do YOU want to do and what do you wish he would do to better this financial issue?

You've heard opinions here, what do YOU think he should do?

^^you care too much about money, like i said, anything can happen, war could break out and money could mean nothing. cash is king right now but i doubt it will continue to be in the future, people depend too much on that and use excuses 'for my future security' to act greedily...his money IS his money. get your own
    Again, if you had actually read my posts, you'd know that I am getting my own money.

^^i've read them silly girl, you want him to earn more...sad for you

Hey OP, so how is the job at Kmart anyway ?

Quote Originally Posted by PinkChampage View Post
    I find it interesting that the men have had such incendiary reactions to my post because I'm not completely happy with a man who is otherwise perfect, but financially sub-par by my standards.

Let me ask you all this: would you be completely happy with a woman who is otherwise perfect, but physically sub-par by your standards?

Judging from your outrageous reactions, I assume, theoretically, that you would be very critical of a woman who, at first glance, was attracted to a man's financial assets, and, driven by this attraction, decided to get to know him and possibly pursue a relationship with him.

Yet how many of you have been attracted to a woman's physical assets and decided to get to know her and have a relationship with her?

I'm sure you'd all have different reactions if there were a man on here wishing that his loving girlfriend were "more physically fit."

Be honest. Aren't you being hypocrites?

You are a product of your environment. A little American whore.

Money does not matter to me. If I loved a woman I would stay with her no matter what. If she had no decent job I would encourage her to do something with her life by becoming a teacher or a nurse.

But my love would be unconditional (unless she got fat or wouldn't put out). I'd certainly never dump someone over money.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast