+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Trying to reconcile, please help

sometimes people arent ready and need time to think about things...

yeah, i know..
    I'm just afraid of what the outcome of his thinking will be...

yeah me too.. but you know what.. i got so lost in my thinking that I wasnt being WHO I AM.. just let it be.. i overanalyzed EVERYTHING.." i sent her a text she responded, i took too long to respond back and i havent heard anything back.. why didnt she respond the second time?" i can go crazy with the what if this what if that.. doesnt help me one bit. you are doing the same.

Yeah that sounds just like me... But you know how it's like, it's not easy to shut your thoughts of or switch them over to something else.
    I litterally get this panicy feelings at least 5 times a day, the only time i get some peace in mind is when im sleeping- if i dont dream about it ofcourse.. Sometimes i wish i could go in a koma and wake up when everything is going well again, or when and if we are back together.

i know.... but you are doing this to yourself.. once you realize it thats your first step.

I know i am. Sometimes i think that i got a serious condition with overthinking. Cause it seems like im the only person i know that thinks this much... about anything or everything

Haha.
    Last edited by lifemess; 26-05-11 at 09:11 PM.

no your not.. im probably worse then you.. trust me.. but you need to control it.. it will kill you

Since you seem to know much about this, have you found any methods on how to stop thinking so much?

Quote Originally Posted by lifemess View Post
    Since you seem to know much about this, have you found any methods on how to stop thinking so much?
    A gun to your head? haha

i wish i had methods.. i read a few books that helped.. but those only seem to temporaily help me...

I think about EVERYTHING.. its really bad

Quote Originally Posted by fighter View Post
    A gun to your head? haha

Haha, it is tempting sometimes

It sounds just like me..... I've been trying to find stuff on the internet to help me, but like you say - only works temporarily
    Last edited by lifemess; 26-05-11 at 09:40 PM.

couple books i read that you may enjoy.. "the four agreements." and "the voice of knowlege." I got in trouble one time for telling people to read these but I find that they do help if you can follow what they say.

What are they about then?? :-)

me summarizing would do a great injustice... but "the four agreements" is about changing the agreements you have instilled in your brain since childhood. The four agreements he says you should stick to are

1. Be impeccible with your word: impeccible in latin is "without sin"- pretty much always say what you mean.
    2. Dont make assumptions
    3. Dont take anything personally- what people do has nothing to do with you. its how they feel not about you.
    4. Always do your best.

The "voice of knowlege" -
    As little children we know how to live in the moment and be completely authentic. But then something damaging happens to us, according to the author Don Miguel Ruiz: we are given "knowledge" about how to live in the world. Parents tell us how to behave in order to be a "good" boy or girl. Teachers tell us what it takes to be a "winner" or a "successful" adult. This collective "voice of knowledge" is not only false--it is often poisonous. It makes us believe that "I am not the way I should be; it is not okay to be me." Drawing upon the story of Adam and Eve, Ruiz refers to the forbidden tree of knowledge and likens the abandonment of the true self to the fall from heaven. What Ruiz calls "the voice of knowledge" others spiritual teachers might call ego--the hidden and carefully defended belief system that prevents us from living and expressing who we really are. "The structure of our knowledge makes us feel safe….When we discover that we are not what we believe we are, the foundation of our entire reality begins to collapse." In the Toltec tradition, Ruiz says every human is an artist, "and the supreme art is the expression of the beauty of our spirit." He explains that there are two kinds of artists: "the ones who create their story without awareness, and the ones who recover awareness and create their story with truth and love." The recovering of awareness is what this book is all about.

Knowlege is negative energy.. because what do we TRULY know... hence the concept of stop thinking.
    Last edited by DarkHelmet82; 26-05-11 at 09:59 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast