+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Army

Pity they didn't take you BoredGeorge... I know the tanks could've used the shielding...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

You do not need to keep telling me how bad a person you are. Last thing this discussion needs is an army brat.

Sometimes the army ruins mens lives because when they leave they're old and have no skills. Then they do not make good husbands for you ladies because they have no money.

The armed services produce 3 kinds of people.

1.) Very respectable and honorable leaders and citizens who operate on a whole other level of loyalty.

2.) Power hungry mongrels who join the forces so they can drive around in some pimped out car with their respective branch's logo on their license plate acting like they define "the leader of men."

3.) A burden to society for any number of reasons, most commonly related to alcohol or, sadly, PTSD which was not their fault in the first place.

PTSD is a sore spot for me. I think the government does a VERY poor job handling soldiers who suffer from this. They bring them back from a war zone and turn them loose in a civilized society assuming they will just acclimate to normal life again. We're lucky that there aren't more Ft. Hood incidents than there already are the way they handle it.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

You're right boredgeorge... last thing this discussion needs is an army brat. Having a man who is the cause of and solution to all of his problems who is eager to blame half of the world's population for his misfortunes is a much better choice.

What words of hate-filled wisdom do you have for us today?
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    What words of hate-filled wisdom do you have for us today?
    A tree falls in the forest............................which lumberjack was at fault?

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BoredGeorge View Post

They've essentially come out and during their time serving treated women like crap (which is something I fully support)

that comment^^^ + BJ being single = the reason why.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BoredGeorge View Post
    I knew a bar where they flat out banned military personel from attending. These guys would come over from the base and sexually assault women and start fights.

The stories I've heard from people who have been in the fulltime service is that it would be bad for young men aside from teaching them discipling and what not. You can learn to be disciplined in other ways.

They've essentially come out and during their time serving treated women like crap (which is something I fully support)

The answer is simple :

We're all not physically able to serve. I tried to join when I was 19 but I was rejected for medical reasons. I still want to join the reserves because I am racist and want to kill foreigners if they invade. If you women have some notion that a serviceman will treat you with respect and decency because they've been taught how to be a gentleman by learning to kill arabs... I think you are mistaken.

They might act that way for the camera... but I doubt it is the reality. USA might be different....... like that captain who told women in darwin off for not wearing enough clothing.

What the F is with that anyway ? If Australian girls are hot then they should not wear clothes at all.

Anyway I'm glad I got rejected it would have ruined my life. Come out after 7 years 'so what skills do you have' 'I know how to kil people', 'excellent, this is where the large fries go !'

Obviously job dependent but still .... 'I can fix electronic missle system != I can install lighting in that brothel you just built and have an electricians license'.
    Shut up or I'll ban you.

I doubt anyone here is asshole enough to disregard the plight of a man (or woman) dodging bullets and bombs all in the name of a country they love (or at the very least, trying to survive being drafted).
    Thanks to BoredGeorge... I stand corrected. There is one who is asshole enough.

- James Allen

Thanks to BoredGeorge... I stand corrected. There is one who is asshole enough.
    Bullshit never said that at all. In the last thread where servicemen were attacked I defended them.

Whatever, keep chanting with the old men from the 1950s about how all young men should be conscripted.

BoredGeorge, you never cease to amaze me... especially when you fail to see how your own words from earlier are anything but insulting.

There's also a military saying... when you ASSUME... you make an ASS out of U and ME.

I do not support the draft... or any form of forced armed services. Something very wrong in a country that cannot sustain its military's numbers via volunteers alone. Also, it goes against the whole idea of freedom and what have you.

- James Allen

i honestly don't believe being broken down and rebuilt is beneficial for most people. unless the person is a complete misfit and has no self control then yea maybe otherwise how can learning to take orders from (usually) egomania traumatized psychologically damaged so called leaders do? make you a robot? sure..make you just as fcked up as the leader who taught you...most certainly...in lots of ways its abuse, why would one want to be abused verbally and psychologically? if one wants to be brainwashed then yeah it's seems grrrrreeeeaaaat!
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Meh... the military isn't nearly as bad as some of our parents. You want abuse --- look at my ex Mother-in-law... I'd join the Army for the peace and quiet compared to that bitch.

- James Allen

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456