+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorry, well, wierd. Im in love with my niece.

Quote Originally Posted by ALovelyLady86
    Also 1 in 4 children have been molested... meaning 1/4 children in my neighborhood have been touched sexually by their mother, fathers, sisters and brothers, or an outside perpatrator.
    So if youre telling me that everyone who has touched someone else sexually should be in jail, then 1 in 4 people should be in jail right now I guess. Which I agree with, but cant logically happen. I wish it could though.
    When it comes to a psychologist and help, there are people out there who go to college specifically to help people like that. And I think its worth the try, then if all else fails and the person doesnt WANT to change then send their butt to prison.

The person who came in here expressed he wanted help. So I gave him the best advice I knew how.

One in four people have NOT molested children; sex offenders simply have multiple victims. Also, that one-in-four figure refers to women who have been assaulted, not children, although those stats would be high as well.

Try renting the movie Kinsey with Liam Neeson. Kinsey conducted a very comprehensive study of sexuality in the 1960's, most statistics are still being used. There is a portion there (true story) about a child molester's testimony to Kinsey. You can see what a calculating monster he was. Yes, a MONSTER, not a victim.

Sure, you did just as he's asked.

And he's also asked whether what he's doing is right, which is the opinion that other people gave.

Okay, let me apply what you're saying to a different situation. Someone killed Chris. Then, this person said "chris asked for it. I can change. Let me seek the help of a psychologist." And you say?

"OKay, seek help first. IF you don't want help, then let's put you in jail?"

So you're saying that once he's "rehabilitated" that he shouldn't get punishment for the crime he's committed?
    Last edited by artyemi; 27-05-05 at 02:42 AM.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Quote Originally Posted by ALovelyLady86
    Also 1 in 4 children have been molested... meaning 1/4 children in my neighborhood have been touched sexually by their mother, fathers, sisters and brothers, or an outside perpatrator.
    So if youre telling me that everyone who has touched someone else sexually should be in jail, then 1 in 4 people should be in jail right now I guess.
    Well...not really, because one person could be responsible for touching a lot of children..therefore the 1 in 4 children have been molested statistic could be satisfied by 1 perpetrator..not one unique offender per child...

In any case..that's a scary statistic, because I know LOTS of girls, and it's tough to think that for every four I know one has been assulted. As far as I know, only one of my friends has kind of hinted towards having had such an experience.

You have to understand, though, that these statistics aren't evenly distributed throughout the world's population, or even the countries. Maybe the majority of these assults happen in concentrated parts of cities..the slums, so to speak. Which sucks for women living there because they have high probabilities of being victimized.

Sux ass..

yeah shh! i think the number is like 1 in 7 or 8 boys under the age of 12 have been molested...

(which is sooooo scary)

and 1 in 5 girls.. (i'll double check once i go home and read the stats.)
    "Ogres are like onions."

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    Well...not really, because one person could be responsible for touching a lot of children..therefore the 1 in 4 children have been molested statistic could be satisfied by 1 perpetrator..not one unique offender per child...

In any case..that's a scary statistic, because I know LOTS of girls, and it's tough to think that for every four I know one has been assulted. As far as I know, only one of my friends has kind of hinted towards having had such an experience.

You have to understand, though, that these statistics aren't evenly distributed throughout the world's population, or even the countries. Maybe the majority of these assults happen in concentrated parts of cities..the slums, so to speak. Which sucks for women living there because they have high probabilities of being victimized.

Sux ass..

I agree with most of what you say, but actually, sex abuse crosses all barriers, be they econmic, racial or social. It happens everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    I agree with most of what you say, but actually, sex abuse crosses all barriers, be they econmic, racial or social. It happens everywhere.
    I know they cross them, but there are places where it's more concentrated..and it's mainly disadvantaged settings.

I know they cross them, but there are places where it's more concentrated..and it's mainly disadvantaged settings.
    If that is true, then more the pity for them. The poor have so many hardships to deal with as it is. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    and.... also that most of the perpetrators of the crime are from the same community, demographics as the victim of the crime...

so, I'm asian, and middle class.. my abuser would most likely be asian and in the middle class..

or does this only apply to rape? hmmm..
    "Ogres are like onions."

it's really sad. mikey works at the kids psych ward and he gets so upset because he sees children who have been molested by their fathers and even their parents friends! he had this one girl that he came home crying about because her mom was a dope addict and she basically sold her 5 year old daughter for drugs. it's terrible. i cannot even fathom why they would do this. it makes me sick to my stomach. it (once again) reinforces my lack of faith in humanity.

When we know we're all online at the same time with these quick answers, we should hit up the chat room...

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    it's really sad. mikey works at the kids psych ward and he gets so upset because he sees children who have been molested by their fathers and even their parents friends! he had this one girl that he came home crying about because her mom was a dope addict and she basically sold her 5 year old daughter for drugs. it's terrible. i cannot even fathom why they would do this. it makes me sick to my stomach. it (once again) reinforces my lack of faith in humanity.
    I keep up the faith. I'm just optimistic that most people are basically good.

Have you seen "Love Actually"

this stuff is hard to deal with..
    that's why i stopped showing up for the crisis counselors meeting
    and that's why I only have two male friends.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Quote Originally Posted by artyemi
    this stuff is hard to deal with..
    that's why i stopped showing up for the crisis counselors meeting
    and that's why I only have two male friends.
    I don't get it...how does limiting your male friends affect anything?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

it's funny to watch everyone get all crazy over bullsh*t. i laugh in everyone's faces.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I don't get it...how does limiting your male friends affect anything?
    i don't limit my male friends.

i just don't have many male friends.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast