+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Was I played?

Quote Originally Posted by curiousgirly View Post
    Maybe you are right that I was played... This is why I am waiting to see his next move because that would confirm it for sure...
    Hang on a minute,Your sex was consentual....It takes two people to play the game. You had every oppurtunity to leave....just food for thought, thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    Hang on a minute,Your sex was consentual....It takes two people to play the game. You had every oppurtunity to leave....just food for thought, thats all.
    Whether it was consentual or not has nothing to do with whether someone has been played or not.

I'm thinking that all depends on whether or not he's been disingenuous to her prior to having consentual sex. Do you honestly think a guy that lies about his marital status as being single or divorced but he's still married (as an example) doesn't make him a player (or her been played) just because she agreed to **** him while thinking he was available?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Whether it was consentual or not has nothing to do with whether someone has been played or not.

I'm thinking that all depends on whether or not he's been disingenuous to her prior to having consentual sex. Do you honestly think a guy that lies about his marital status as being single or divorced but he's still married (as an example) doesn't make him a player (or her been played) just because she agreed to **** him while thinking he was available?
    Ok... I just got my confirmation. He is not a player!!

He called me and we had a good talk about what happened. He was upset with himself and wants to make it up to me... He says he felt ignored cos i didnt listen to his pleas for me to stay over. He is taking me out on Friday and wants us to talk more as opposed to texting!

So I take back all the bad things I said!!!

Thanks for the advice!

He called me and we had a good talk about what happened. He was upset with himself and wants to make it up to me... He says he felt ignored cos i didnt listen to his pleas for me to stay over. He is taking me out on Friday and wants us to talk more as opposed to texting!

Thanks for the advice!
    He sounds needy and insecure. You're in for a ride.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    He sounds needy and insecure. You're in for a ride.
    Well... That's still better than him being a player...isn't it??

Thanks for the advice!

Good luck. Just remember everything you've learned here (and I'm not saying just from me) so that you don't get desperate and ignore red flags because you want this to work so badly that you'll overlook bad behaviour. Just because he's "upset with himself" doesn't mean he has to make you feel like you've done something wrong or punish you for his shitty feelings.

I wonder how he wants to "make it up to you?" ...
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Lol... Wakeup, seems like you really don't have a good opinion of this dude! And I know where you are going with that question...

Well... That's still better than him being a player...isn't it??
    Short term yes, long term no.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

nah... I don't know him, hun. I'v just read too many online stories that have ended up crappy and I'm extending the knowledge onto you that I've read about in the past as well as stories from a couple of my single friends who have been burnt.

One was a guy who thought he was in a full blown, exclusive relationship until about the third month in when she told him she wouldn't be able to see him that weekend because it was the weekend she was getting married but she'd be back from her honeymoon the following weekend and maybe they could do something then. True Story.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 25-08-11 at 06:07 AM. Reason: screwed up a sentence

nah... I don't know him, hun. I'v just read too many online stories that have ended up crappy and I'm extending the knowledge onto you that I've read about in the past as well as stories from a couple of my single friends who have been burnt.

One was a guy who thought he was in a full blown, exclusive relationship until about the third month in when she told him she wouldn't be able to see him that weekend because it was the weekend she was getting married but she'd be back from her honeymoon the following weekend and maybe they could do something then. True Story.
    OMG!! That is really bad! How can she live with such lies?!

I think many people who wouldn't have had easy access to cheat are now cheating because of these online dating sites. The old fashioned boy meets girl days are pretty much over though. It's so hard to actually meet normal people these days without going out of ones way...

HOLE. EEEEEEEE. SHIT. o.O

How sweet, "a really nice virgo man."

Update: All those who said he was a player or was no good... ie. an AHOLE.... you were right! He was no good... I've moved on from this experience... and I'll never do anything that dumb again

What happened?

Yeah, what happened?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast