+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: What is the most romantic thing your Boyfriend or husband done?

I'm trying to read through all of these replies, but I've seen mention of unconditional love a few times and I want to respond.

To those of you that think you have unconditional love with your SO, think again. Do you know what unconditional love is? I doubt you do. It means that no matter what your SO does, you will still love them the same.

To those of you that say you have unconditional love with your SO, would you love them the same if they cheated on you? What if they constantly put you down? What if they made you choose between them or your family? Unconditional love isn't the same as being in love. Unconditional love is a falsehood which doesn't exist in my opinion. There will always be SOMETHING that can make you not love another person.

And after reading the rest of the thread, I'll give my input.

First, me and my girlfriend didn't celebrate the anniversaries like 6 months, 9 months, etc... we would say "happy anniversary" but that's it. But then again, when we hit 6 months this last time, it really was over a year, so it was a hell of an accomplishment with what we've gone through.

Anyways, nothing huge, but I went to visit my girlfriend at college. The day that I got there she was at work and I told her I would come to her work right when I got there. Instead, I bought her a dozen white roses, and 7 red, pink, and purple tulips. I put them into separate vases in her room with a card that played "Unchained Melodies" when it was opened. Inside was a little message to her.

She loved it. I was extremely pissed when the damn tulips died before they even friggin opened, though.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    zero...that's a bad ass flower. Sounds like a complete bitch if she didn't appreciate something like that.
    I agree, that flower AND the sentiment is beautiful.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    Just before I came overseas I spent weeks putting together this sort of book for Kristin. I wrote the story of our relationship from an outsiders' perspective - good and bad - and illustrated it with photos I took. It has everything from the night I met her (at a party - I went back to that house), to some of our trips away, me teaching her to surf and some of our memorable fights. I drove all over Sydney taking those damn photos. Then I put it all together and got it bound. I wrapped it up in brown paper and took her out to the city to a cocktail bar and then dinner and gave it to her.
    Ooh, that's lovely. I have a diary that I've done something similar with; mine's all writing & poetry tho as I don't have a lot of photos.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just before I came overseas I spent weeks putting together this sort of book for Kristin. I wrote the story of our relationship from an outsiders' perspective - good and bad - and illustrated it with photos I took. It has everything from the night I met her (at a party - I went back to that house), to some of our trips away, me teaching her to surf and some of our memorable fights. I drove all over Sydney taking those damn photos. Then I put it all together and got it bound. I wrapped it up in brown paper and took her out to the city to a cocktail bar and then dinner and gave it to her.

I'm not great at expressing my feelings verbally, so I wanted to put across how much she meant to me. At that time I know she was doubting how I could love her and take off overseas.

Oh my god, Charlieboy - I had no idea you were such a sap!

j/k - that is really a lovely gift. You are a true romantic. Reminds me of the early days when Frasbee was pining away over Amy.

Zero - handmade gifts are so thoughtful. Too bad your ex girlfriend didn't appreciate such beautiful work.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I was extremely pissed when the damn tulips died before they even friggin opened, though.
    I bet the buds were too young. Next time, use a solution w/sugar so they have some energy to grow a bit more.

Recipe I use for flower arrangements so they last. Esp good for tulips, carnations & roses, but works for almost any flower except the most delicate (orchids require only cold, clean water):

Cut stems on the angle, high enough up so stem is green & not woody. Immerse *immediately* (i.e. have it ready) in florists solution:

2 L lukewarm water (not warm but not ice cold)
    1 Tblsp sugar (dissolved)
    1/4 tsp bleach (to kill any bacteria)
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I'll definitely have to try that. I was really angry. She loved them anyways, but the way they died annoyed me. The white roses got pretty limp near the bloom and they never recovered, so they were full blooms just kinda limp. The purple tulips opened, and opened so damn wide that they petals started falling off. The red and pink tulips just never opened.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I bet the buds were too young. Next time, use a solution w/sugar so they have some energy to grow a bit more.
    Flowers and there damn suger high *sigh*
    TJ the µß3R Trance Junkie

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wigglz View Post
    Flowers and there damn suger high *sigh*
    Same goes for chocolate for women. More energy in bed that way. And don't you forget it.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Same goes for chocolate for women. More energy in bed that way. And don't you forget it.
    Psh, my girl doesn't need chocolate to get energy in bed.

All I have to do is strip naked and pounce. She's ready.

Brain take note... never forget the chocolate.

Hold on a sec... my gf is already hypo... well she will last alot longer haha

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Oh my god, Charlieboy - I had no idea you were such a sap!

j/k - that is really a lovely gift. You are a true romantic. Reminds me of the early days when Frasbee was pining away over Amy.

Zero - handmade gifts are so thoughtful. Too bad your ex girlfriend didn't appreciate such beautiful work.
    haha, i was actually cringing as I typed that out. I was thinking "this sounds a bit gay." That's probably why I didn't mention it on here at the time.

I don't know if I'd call myself a romantic... I strongly agree with what you said about the only unconditional love being between a mother and her child. I mean ijust say I was to break my back tomorrow and become a quadraplegic or, say, suffer serious brain damage in a car accident - who'd be there in twenty years?

If my girl needed a heart transplant I would be first in line. As I always say to her, my heart is yours. I wouldnt care if my girl was in a wheel chair are was stuck in a bed all her life... I would love her just as much as I love her now.
    Last edited by Mr Wigglz; 23-05-08 at 07:51 AM. Reason: posting from cell phone. need to learn to spell lol

haha, i was actually cringing as I typed that out. I was thinking "this sounds a bit gay." That's probably why I didn't mention it on here at the time.
    Psh...who cares, women love that stuff. I get bagged on by my friends for being into the romantic/cute stuff. But I'm also one of those people that really doesn't care what others think.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you go girlfriend

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast