+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Philosophy: Existence of God

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole

now I want to ask you a question. If God is perfect, why did he create the universe? What could possibly cause a perfect entity who's existed forever to suddenly get bored one day and create the universe?
    I wouldn't argue that god is perfect (even if he/she exists). Why did god create the universe? Maybe God needed worshippers. Without worshippers, after all, who could one be "God" to? A king with no subjects is powerless...

(Just playing devil's advocate... )
    Last edited by vashti; 13-02-06 at 07:40 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

God is a Concept by which we measure our pain.
    -John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    Ya know, Neo, I was saying "right on!" to all your posts until I got to this:

Discloses a blind spot, I think, since the point of a belief is that it has no evidence to "support it." That's why it's a belief.
    I think some people don't understand the concept of that word. Change the word "God" into the "the mysterious, scientific laws and forces of the universe" and you will find that most people who don't believe in God, will believe in that (Even though both can be interpreted as one and the same only with different names)
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We are back to the same old tired argument.

Die, thread, die.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Mishanya, we already discussed this. Scientific theories have mounds of evidence to support them. For example, the Big Bang is supported by cosmic background radiation, doppler red shifts, and ratios of chemical elements in the universe. Gravity is also a scientific theory. We can observe the effects of gravity everyday. However, God has absolutely no shred of evidence to support his existence. Are you honestly telling me the belief in gravity takes as much faith as believing in God(s)?

Thread closed.

As per an almost unanimous decision among all of the mods including Loveadmin, religion or political debate has no place on this forum.

If you have a question you would like to pose or would like some information regarding religion, feel free to ask. The second a "debate" ensues where someone is going to tout their religious or political beliefs in an attempt to disprove someone else's ideals, the thread will be closed/deleted.

Any thread that is posted in an effort to discuss (whine) about this rule will also be deleted.

Call us assholes or Forum Nazis all you want. It doesn't matter. There are a million other forums out there where you can debate and attempt to disprove each other about your religious and political beliefs all you want. This forum will not be it. If you feel "oppressed" or "censored" because you can't bltch and moan at each other about religion, then find a different forum to troll in.

Religious and political threads serve no other purpose than to create dissention and arguments among the forum and have no place on a relationship or love advice forum, under ANY of its sub-forums.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456