+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: forbidden love

Jesus Christ!!! A yugoslavian girl betraying her own people. Hey, it's alright to date who you want but when it comes to marriage I'd say you should stick to your standards. We are a proud people with a lot of culture. There should be absolutely no reason to date somebody else. Serbian NT!!! Napred Plavi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buotro
    Jesus Christ!!! A yugoslavian girl betraying her own people. Hey, it's alright to date who you want but when it comes to marriage I'd say you should stick to your standards. We are a proud people with a lot of culture. There should be absolutely no reason to date somebody else. Serbian NT!!! Napred Plavi!!!
    How is dating someone of another origin betrayal? Asshat.

You'd be too f*ckin stupid to understand

There should be absolutely no reason to date somebody else.
    Here's a reason: because she really likes her boyfriend.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

it's alright to date who you want
    Isn't that what she's doing?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

awwee..i have a fellow yugoslav here with me *woot woot* *Zvezdaaaa* lol..

yeah...i never thought i would like someone outside my culture...and my religion..but it happened...honestly..my heart belongs to him..and yes i am still with him..so many of my friends and such are supportive..others are iffy and say that i should stick to my *own kind*..but i realize that you honestly cant help who you fall for...really...i love mike..more than anything.ive said it one million times..so yeah..if we last...that would be awesome..i know this will be a struggle and a half..but im willing to deal with it..why..?? because tomorrow without mike is not something i wanna deal with...who knows who i'll be with..but if i'm with mike..i want people to be alright with it..he's willing to adapt to my culture..and im willing to do the same with his...

Quote Originally Posted by secrets
    but i realize that you honestly cant help who you fall for
    That's not true. Showing a little foresight and thinking ahead can avoid any problems like this. I hit it off really well with this girl from Trinidad & Tabago but I did not take it any further because I don't want to have to deal with an interracial relationship or my parents or my friends.

..i did think about it..and never did i think that my parents would approve...but it dawned on me..that for the first time in my life..i was putting my self before anyone else..and surely..maybe a little selfish..i went with my feelings...that had developed since i knew mike...i tried to steer away..and i couldnt..not meaning that i have no self control..but that i really was drawn to him and cared about him....so im still sticking with him...i love him...spent all day with him today.i'm *all smiles * coudnt be happier...

if you really love this guy dont let your parents' picture of your life shape the way you want to create your future. parents are great and as time will show they can be your best friends when times get tough, sometimes the only ones that will hold you up when you need someone to lean on. i suggest going to them - if need be, one at a time (start with the one you're closest to)- tell them that you really love this guy and even though there is a racial difference your love for him does not see that. true love knows no boundaries and does not see the constraints of our life. its true that sometimes love cannot happen the way we want it to but we have to give it our best shot and come to peace with ourselves knowing we did our best to make things come together.

on another note. be sure he is the one because its EXTREMELY EASY to fall for the first one, especially if you've waited so long to date. i did that and it was so easy to see all the good in him and ignore the bad. compromises and agreements can be formed but dont loose sight of who you are and dont let him redefine what you stand for.

..i really liked your post...i agree with you totally...

the thing is..i tried that approach with my parents..and i did it one at a time...dad first..then mom...and then it blew out of hand and everything went sour...my dad said "if you love him....you're leaving...im gonna take you to his house right now..but there's no coming back here"..it was definitely that bad...i know...its awful...my dad said that if i loved [dad] i would drop mike..and if i loved mike..than i would have to lose dad...pretty bad eh? i know..so yeah..i tried that approach..and it didnt work..so im keeping my relationship a secret..since the truth didnt work..

and well....i wouldnt be fighting for us if i didnt think he or this relationship was worth the fight....so i'm sure this is worth the fight..no doubt about it..

thanks for your input...i know my relationship continues to be a secret from my family..and it hurts..and i live with that every day...but my feelings for my boyfriend are too strong to let go of just because my parents don't like him...i love him..

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Stay away from those Asians! Sneaky bastards with their squinty looking eyes....
    hmm...really? so..base on their squinty looking eyes, they automatically become bastards? hmm... anyhoo.. let's move on.

-secrets-
    if you love him that much, and I understand how love is when you're young and your heart takes most of the control, keep on loving him and try to be with him in a manner that you don't appear to go against your parents. I don't suggest hiding your relationship, but if that is what it takes then do it.
    Maybe when the timing is right and that your bf proves to your parents that he's a good guy, loves you, ect...your parents somewhat accept him.

you are young. live your life with passions and loves. I understand this is a tough situation. You're in no win win situation. So, why not live your life to the fullest. it might be a difficult journey but at the end you get more by following your heart. Life will pass you by before you even know it. Just my 2 cents.
    Circumstances or people can take away your material possessions, they can take away your money, and they can take away your health. But no one can ever take away our precious memories. So, don't forget to make time and take the opportunities to make memories everyday. To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven

Quote Originally Posted by yellowjasmin
    hmm...really? so..base on their squinty looking eyes, they automatically become bastards? hmm... anyhoo.. let's move on.
    Yeah, Lloyd, you squinty-eyed bastard!!

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Yeah, Lloyd, you squinty-eyed bastard!!

agreed!!!
    Circumstances or people can take away your material possessions, they can take away your money, and they can take away your health. But no one can ever take away our precious memories. So, don't forget to make time and take the opportunities to make memories everyday. To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven

That's not true. Showing a little foresight and thinking ahead can avoid any problems like this. I hit it off really well with this girl from Trinidad & Tabago but I did not take it any further because I don't want to have to deal with an interracial relationship or my parents or my friends.
    That's right, keep your race pure and only USE people of other races... As we all know, your race is the only one that doesn not have any problems and is absolutely dream like perfect without a single trace of a fault. You know there was a man in the last century who shared a very similar vision as you...
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

lol..Mish...that last post was classic..i couldnt have said it better myself...lol...yeah...interracial marriages....some accept it..some dont..and some just stand in the middle...whatever...when it all comes down to it..its no one else's decision but the two involved...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast