+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Same Issue, New Poster

>>1) YOU have to get the bills changed. It is your responsibility to do this. You do not leave your name on bills that you used to share with your ex. Period. To expect a man you've just walked out on to take care of such a thing is unreasonable, and makes women everywhere look stupid.<<

Indeed. And I had every intention in the world of doing this, however I felt the same deep pity and caring for Ath that everyone here has felt. When I brought up cutting everything off his reaction was to please not take away his cable and electricity. He had no way of getting these things into his own name without paying quite a bit of money that he did not have. I am not heartless (although perhaps I would benefit a bit more if I were) and after much thought decided that to leave him with nothing at all would be horrid. I left him all the furniture, I left him his utilities. I did not want him to suffer. I am more than well aware of my responsibilities, and had there been a way to get these items changed over without a detrimental effect to Ath I would certainly had done it. Had I had the money, I would even have paid for it myself.

>>2) You can't change men. Well, when they're babies, you can change their diapers, but after that, forget it. In my experience, they may change when you leave them, but they will not change if you stay. Why the **** should they? <<

Agreed. This was never in question.

>>3) Make a clean break or commit to staying and working it out. Anything else is unfair.<<

Also agreed. Unfortunately I have a heart and that got in the way of my common sense. When you spend the amount of time together that Ath and I have a deep bond develops and to leave him but also leave him in the hole financially seemed more cruel than I could bear. I would never, ever have imagined that he would intentionally attempt to screw me over. I am still holding on to the hope that all of this is mere oversight on his part. I only came to these boards because I knew this is how I could reach him. I am truly and honestly sorry that I had to do it this way.

Ath, I know you are reading this. I also know you were at your desk when I called just a second ago. Please call me at the number I just tried to reach you at. I am not going to yell and I am not going to be brusque or rude. I apologize if I came off as caustic the other day when I called. That was never my intention. I just want to talk.

I apologize to everyone here for interferring in the supportive environment provided on these forums. I was quite upset earlier but have since calmed down quite a bit.

Ath, I have sent you email. I apologize for anything I may have said or done that has offended you today. I was out of line.

I wish all of you the best of luck and good fortune in working out the various romance issues that plague us all. I think there are many of you here who give wonderful advice and its a great thing that you are here for those who come to you in need.

You know me better than anyone else, and we've talked since you posted here. Indeed, these are good people, they only mean the best. If interested, please continue to watch. I make no promises, and I won't get in the way, but one day I'm going to do something wonderful for this world.

Giga, going to have to disagree with ya on the change thing. I think people change all the time, its the direction and speed of change that varies. Sometimes our eyes have to be opened for us. Sometimes that means it's too late, sometimes not. That's the role of the perverbial human soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    2) You can't change men. Well, when they're babies, you can change their diapers, but after that, forget it. In my experience, they may change when you leave them, but they will not change if you stay. Why the **** should they?
    Nobody says you can't change on your own, but I know we women can't change you.
    Spammer Spanker

Kinda weird posting now

Well.. I was going to let it all go.. but I have to respond to some above accusations.

Bills? Responsibility? Those posts were written based entirely on assumption. The truth of it was, I paid every bill.. up through the next month. I even paid the entire $2K break lease fee for our apartment out of my own pocket. There was never a begging for power and utilities, merely a request while having lunch. I did receive an apology via phone and email but these above posts do not adequately depict my character.

Sorry that just had to come out. Thanks.

-Ath
    There are some things you just can't explain with the word... fate. You're just going to have to see it with your own eyes.
    - Taura

Well, you just let it out, Ath. Post yourself silly if you like.
    Spammer Spanker

Ath what is your real name and what is your wifes name? are you married? I didnt read through it all just skimmed.

Im SUPER UBER CURIOUS about something, cause most of the stuff you said could be directly linked to me possibly..

You see I met this girl on WoW and we have been talking alot and yeah.. so she is from AL and has a child and is still living with this guy.

VERY VERY VERY similar situation I figured I would just check though, Im playing the devil this time O_O
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Supposedly he called the guy up, so unless you've spoken to your WoW friend's boyfriend, it can't be you.

Real name is Aaron. I've never been married (Thank God). We don't live together anymore. And it's not you. Unless your name is Tim, you're 30 years old, and live in Canada.

That's a tough situation your in. Maybe not for you, but for someone out there, the end is near.

...and the Devil doesn't scare me anymore
    There are some things you just can't explain with the word... fate. You're just going to have to see it with your own eyes.
    - Taura

Quote Originally Posted by Ath View Post
    Real name is Aaron. I've never been married (Thank God). We don't live together anymore. And it's not you. Unless your name is Tim, you're 30 years old, and live in Canada.

That's a tough situation your in. Maybe not for you, but for someone out there, the end is near.

...and the Devil doesn't scare me anymore

Whew! That's not him. I was nervous there for a while. I like Ath and Zach both so much- didn't want to see them on opposite sides of a breakup.
    Spammer Spanker

Yeah I would be upset too, I like Ath he seems like a great guy.
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

I appreciate that.. both of you!
    - Taura

Giga knows much, she has show more wisdom than most in my life. She has helped me so much in times of need.

Im sorry to hear about your situation Ath.

I have been through my fair share of terrible relationships in my day but as for me, I find myself believing in Karma more and more everyday.

I have been through hell and I think finally Heaven has come to rescue me. So no matter what you go through remember things cant stay bad, mathetically speaking even.. the chances of things being terrible indefinitely are close to zero. One way or another at sometime or another things will look up and there will be a day when you realize how happy you are after the worst has happened.

Never Give up! and Never Surrender!
    =)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast