+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: misombra's inequivocable hatred for the police deepens.

hey i didn't say that!
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

That woman better get justice and those cops better lose their badge or there is seriously something ****ed up.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

they'll probably get away with it.
    Last edited by misombra; 24-07-08 at 02:48 PM.

once again the beast is loose with their "non-lethal" stun guns.

[url]http://kob.com/article/stories/S371452.shtml?cat=519[/url]

Mentally-ill man dies after police use Taser

Police confronted Aguilar at this Roswell apartment complex

The Roswell Police Department is defending its officers' use of non-lethal force after a man they forcibly detained died.

A confrontation between officers and the suspect, Javiar Aguilar, ensued Thursday afternoon when Aguilar allegedly made threats to his health care providers. Police say Aguilar was mentally-ill.

Roswell police say when they arrived at the 47-year-old's apartment, he was a danger to himself and others. When authorities told Aguilar they were going to take him to a hospital for treatment, police say he put up a fight.

"When they responded and advised him that he was going to be taken to a mental health facility for treatment, he refused to go," Roswell Deputy Police Chief Scott Douglass said.

Douglass said the confrontation turned physical and officers had to use pepper spray and a stun gun to subdue Aguilar. Authorities then took him to Eastern New Mexico Medical Center where he died 40 minutes later.

While Aguilar's exact cause of death is undetermined, the arrest is being investigated by Roswell police.

Douglass says he is confident his officers followed the department's policy.

>i'm mentally ill too.
    Last edited by misombra; 08-03-08 at 08:23 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This thread is depressing.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

one of these days a cop is gonna kick keechies ass.
    Last edited by misombra; 09-03-08 at 05:37 AM.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've never had a problem dealing with police. Why do some people have problems dealing with police? Because they don't know how to ****ing act

When you talk with a policeman, you address them as "sir" or "officer". You don't "give them lip" or attitude, or give them a hard time. You act polite. Show them respect and you will have a much easier time, regardless of if they are trying to bust your ass. It will prevent them from treating you like shit and show a lot better for you

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've never had a problem, either (except for that one little incident when I was 15 or 16, which was really my sister's fault). However, expecting a mentally ill person to behave normally is a little unrealistic.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

justice.

[url]http://kob.com/article/stories/S324779.shtml?cat=504[/url]

Trooper Indicted on Homicide Charges

(AP) BELLEVILLE, Ill. - A state trooper has been indicted on reckless homicide charges that accuse him of using excessive speed _ more than 120 mph _ when he swerved into an oncoming car, killing two teenage sisters.

State police, who investigated the Nov. 23 wreck, recommended that prosecutors charge Trooper Matt Mitchell with reckless homicide. But the prosecutor deferred to the grand jury, which on Friday returned one reckless homicide count for each of the sisters.

The panel also charged Mitchell with two aggravated reckless driving counts related to the injuries of two survivors in the crash on Interstate 64, just east of St. Louis.

If convicted, he could be sentenced up to five years in prison for the homicide charges. The reckless driving charges carry a sentence of up to three years.

Mitchell has been ordered to appear in court on the charges. No bond was set.

Mitchell has an unlisted home telephone number and could not be reached for comment Friday. Court records did not list an attorney for him, a circuit court clerk said.

A coroner’s jury ruled the deaths of Collinsville sisters Jessica Uhl, 18, and Kelli Uhl, 13, reckless homicides, finding that Mitchell was driving 126 mph en route to another accident when he lost control of his patrol car the day after Thanksgiving. He swerved across a median at 102 mph and slammed into the sisters’ oncoming car.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've had pretty good experiences with cops, too. But one rotten apple spoils the basket. That goes double for cops. It's a shame that a few bad ones have to ruin the reputation of the rest.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

. . handcuffs are sexy!

[url]http://kob.com/article/stories/S394927.shtml?cat=520[/url]

so this couple kidnapped this guy his daughter accused of molesting her, and was taking him to the church.

now the family is in trouble for kidnapping.

the thing i don't get is... why are cops allowed to kill unarmed people or tase them to death, yet they keep their jobs and they don't get into any trouble. yet these people are in trouble for taking the idiot who molested their kid to church. they should've just tortured him and killed him for all it was worth.

...once again the police get away with a massacre.

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080425/ap_on_re_us/police_shooting;_ylt=AtGwTfafcgRm0TzWvdAhPjys0NUE[/url]

3 NYPD detectives acquitted in 50-shot killing

By TOM HAYS, Associated Press Writer 2 minutes ago

NEW YORK - Three detectives were acquitted of all charges Friday in the 50-shot killing of an unarmed groom-to-be on his wedding day, a case that put the NYPD at the center of another dispute involving allegations of excessive firepower.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Justice Arthur Cooperman delivered the verdict in a Queens courtroom packed with spectators, including victim Sean Bell's fiancee and parents, and at least 200 people gathered outside the building.

The verdict provoked an outpouring of emotions: Bell's fiancee immediately walked out of the room. His mother cried.

Outside the courthouse, which was surrounded by scores of police officers, many in the crowd began weeping as news of the verdict said. Others were enraged, swearing and screaming "Murderers! Murderers!" or "KKK!"

Bell, a 23-year-old black man, was killed in a hail of gunfire outside a seedy strip club in Queens on Nov. 25, 2006 — his wedding day — as he was leaving his bachelor party with two friends.

Officers Michael Oliver, 36, and Gescard Isnora, 29, stood trial for manslaughter while Officer Marc Cooper, 40, was charged only with reckless endangerment. Two other shooters weren't charged. Oliver squeezed off 31 shots; Isnora fired 11 rounds; and Cooper shot four times.

The officers, complaining that pretrial publicity had unfairly painted them as cold-blooded killers, opted to have the judge decide the case rather than a jury.

The judge indicated that the police officers' version of events was more credible than the victims' version. "The people have not proved beyond a reasonable doubt that each defendant was not justified" in firing, he said.

A conviction on manslaughter could have brought up to 25 years in prison; the penalty for reckless endangerment, a misdemeanor, is a year behind bars.

The case brought back painful memories of other NYPD shootings, such as the 1999 shooting of Amadou Diallo — an African immigrant who was gunned down in a hail of 41 bullets by police officers who mistook his wallet for a gun. The acquittal of the officers in that case created a storm of protest, with hundreds arrested after taking to the streets in demonstration.

The mood surrounding this case has been muted by comparison, although Bell's fiancee, parents and their supporters, including the Rev. Al Sharpton, have held rallies demanding that the officers — two of whom are black — be held accountable.

Still, a phalanx of police officers, some uniformed and some in the department's community affairs polo shirts, was stationed outside the courthouse Friday. The building was ringed by metal barricades. Some in the crowd wore buttons with Bell's picture or held signs saying "Justice for Sean Bell." After the verdict was read, some in the crowd approached officers but were held back; the jostling quickly died down.

After the verdict, Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly acknowledged that some people were disappointed with the acquittals.

"We don't anticipate violence, but we are prepared for any contingency," he said.

The nearly two-month trial was marked by deeply divergent accounts of the night.

The defense painted the victims as drunken thugs who the officers believed were armed and dangerous. Prosecutors sought to convince the judge that the victims had been minding their own business, and that the officers were inept, trigger-happy aggressors.

None of the officers took the witness stand in his own defense. Instead, Cooperman heard transcripts of the officers testifying before a grand jury, saying they believed they had good reason to use deadly force. The judge also heard testimony from Bell's two injured companions, who insisted the maelstrom erupted without warning.

Both sides were consistent on one point: The utter chaos surrounding the last moments of Bell's life.

"It happened so quick," Isnora said in his grand jury testimony. "It was like the last thing I ever wanted to do."

Bell's companions — Trent Benefield and Joseph Guzman — also offered dramatic testimony about the episode. Benefield and Guzman were both wounded; Guzman still has four bullets lodged in his body.

Referring to Isnora, Guzman said, "This dude is shooting like he's crazy, like he's out of his mind."

The victims and shooters were set on a fateful collision course by a pair of innocuous decisions: Bell's to have a last-minute bachelor party at Kalua Cabaret, and the undercover detectives' to investigate reports of prostitution at the club.

As the club closed around 4 a.m., Sanchez and Isnora claimed they overheard Bell and his friends first flirt with women, then taunt a stranger who responded by putting his right hand in his pocket as if he had a gun. Guzman, they testified, said, "Yo, go get my gun" — something Bell's friends denied.

Isnora said he decided to arm himself, call for backup — "It's getting hot," he told his supervisor — and tail Bell, Guzman and Benefield as they went around the corner and got into Bell's car. He claimed that after warning the men to halt, Bell pulled away, bumped him and rammed an unmarked police van that converged on the scene with Oliver at the wheel.

The detective also alleged that Guzman made a sudden move as if he were reaching for a gun.

"I yelled 'Gun!' and fired," he said. "In my mind, I knew (Guzman) had a gun."

Benefield and Guzman testified that there were no orders. Instead, Guzman said, Isnora "appeared out of nowhere" with a gun drawn and shot him in the shoulder — the first of 16 shots to enter his body.

"That's all there was — gunfire," he said. "There wasn't nothing else."

With tires screeching, glass breaking and bullets flying, the officers claimed that they believed they were the ones under fire. Oliver responded by emptying his semiautomatic pistol, reloading, and emptying it again, as the supervisor sought cover.

The truth emerged when the smoke cleared: There was no weapon inside Bell's blood-splattered car.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jym-RtHHG0s"]YouTube - Public Enemy - Fight The Power: Long Version, Uncensored[/ame]

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast