+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Women getting married to younger guy

My parents were traditional in that way too. Dad went to work and provided financially while mom stayed home with the three of us kids. JUST this past Friday my dad apologized for not being around more and missing so much in our lives. It broke my heart because it wasn't anything out of the normal. As a matter of fact, most of our friends, both of their parents worked.

Chris asked me to sign a pre-nup, no problem. I didn't want his money and the day before we married he didn't have me sign it. I never even saw it. But I would still sign one. I'm too independant and don't feel the need to take his money. I'm totally capable of taking care of myself. Now, some men that was a turn on, they wanted a self sufficient woman. But one particular man wanted the old fashion barefoot and pregnant, SEE YA. That wasn't me. I like be countable for myself.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post

My dad was quite happy to look after his kids & wife. He took pride in it (and actually disliked my mother working).
    That describes my own marriage, actually.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Both of my parents worked until my mom had my older sister. Then she stayed at home for us kids

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Not a day goes by without me thanking God that some fine women desire luxury sports cars,
    big houses, nice vacations, and all that shit. Personally I just want the money for the woman, but even before that I realized
    that money is the universal measurement of ownage. Playing years of first-person shooters taught me that the meaning of life is ownage
    DM, you crack me up..
    I used to play First-Person Shooters a lot in my day too, with games like Quake, UT, Call of Duty, Halo, Goldeneye, Turok, etc.
    Those games are there for accuracy, and to brag to your friends about how well you can beat them at a game.
    I doubt life is like that, you actually have to have lots of knowledge and a mindset
    into what you want out of your life, which those games surely don't have.
    I wouldn't describe like as ownage, as money can sometimes be burden on some people as they
    seem to find the wrong people and they screw them over taking most of their expenses.

Money shouldn't be your desire to gain a women's attention, as it should be there as a way to show them that you can be independent.
    Anyone in the medical field surely makes a lot of money, but there is a lot of education and dedication devoted to finish that degree.
    Afterwards it doesn't become easier from the on-calls you can during the day on emergency, so your social life might suffer.

Women in a sense want financial stability, but also someone that balances their career
    with their personal life, so she's satisfied that you spend some quality time with her.
    My reasons to go into real estate aren't to make lots of money as other people see it, It's all about finding a
    career that in your heart, you feel will benefit you and let you approach those goals that seem realistic.

P.S. Next time you go making long-term commitment, find out her
    character and see If she's in their for your money or your personality.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromat View Post
    DM, you crack me up..
    I used to play First-Person Shooters a lot in my day too, with games like Quake, UT, Call of Duty, Halo, Goldeneye, Turok, etc.
    Those games are there for accuracy, and to brag to your friends about how well you can beat them at a game.
    I doubt life is like that, you actually have to have lots of knowledge and a mindset
    into what you want out of your life, which those games surely don't have.
    I wouldn't describe like as ownage, as money can sometimes be burden on some people as they
    seem to find the wrong people and they screw them over taking most of their expenses.
    No dude, the first-person shooters I'm talking about had their own culture. In the MOHAA circles I was a part of, people would play more than 10 hours a day, trying to get that edge to beat the other guy. It wasn't just some random gameplay, there were rivalries between clans, people wanted to win in scrimmages, and claim #1 spots on the ladders. These were not your regular shooters

But being a doctor is gonna be just the tip of the iceberg for the money I make. Right now I'm already making connections with people who are gonna go into banking and finance and other areas that will be helpful later in life. The money from being a doctor is just the start

Money is how to get ahead in life. It's like getting a ton of headshots in MOHAA

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Money is how to get ahead in life. It's like getting a ton of headshots in MOHAA
    Can I keep you in mind for when you get rich, and I need money?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Can I keep you in mind for when you get rich, and I need money?
    I'm expecting sexual favors in return

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm expecting sexual favors in return
    I'll need to borrow a few hundred for the whore I'll use in exchange for the monetary favor.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Shut up Fras, I want you

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Shut up Fras, I want you to have the money.
    Here here!

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Smart men know this, and men who mind most tend to be the ones with little earning capacity or those who don't value the traditional roles of mothers. The term "gold digger" is just a way for those men to punish women who dare to want something they can't offer; a way to keep women "in their place"
    What an interesting theory..

Smart men.., know how to make money.., and protect it.., and don't give anyone a free pass on life.., anyone..

The men with money & highest earning potential are the ones who have the most to lose.., and are the ones who care the most when an other person is interested in them for their money..

Believe me.., a guy serving fries at Burger King isn't even thinking about a prenup.., or forming a Trust to shield his assets.., or LLCs to shield his income..

The term "gold digger" was created to characterize women who were interested in only one thing men had to offer.., money.., specifically.., "gold digger clauses" aim to prevent divorce swaps.., (women who make a lifetime career out of getting divorced from one man to the next.., even if children are involved)

The last thing guys without money or earning potential have to worry about are "gold diggers".., that's like a man worrying about the price of tampons.., it doesn't apply to him.., gold diggers aren't likely to enter his life.., he has no reason to be concerned.., that's like an ugly fat chick saying.., "he was only interested in me because of my looks.., he only wanted sex from me".., exactly..

It was a good attempt to push for an alternate definition.., i'll give you that much.., but let's not try and kid ourselves.., wanting a man on multiple levels "and" someone who can "also" take care of you.., is not the same as wanting a man who can take care of you.., and consider everything else to be a bonus..

What you are talking about is someone "insatiable".., and men with no money or little earning potential are more likely to complain about a woman with high or even unrealistic expectations.., even wealthy men.., because no matter how much they give.., their partner never appreciates anything..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sometimes, GS, I feel very sorry for you. You have many things about human psyche worked out, but you choose to be embittered, rather than hopeful, about it.

Pity you, fella.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Prenups are a lose lose situation. On one end you're protecting all of the money you had going into the marriage, but on the other hand you're basically dooming the marriage to failure. It's a shame that nowadays we have to plan ahead for divorce. Marriage is "Til death do us part..." remember? And now people are going into marriages planning for divorce.

Boggles my mind.

prenups..that is bad and not of much use in relations. Let me tell you my experience, I did not get any of my rights since I asked for divorce and on the contrary I gave my ex most of our stuff just to let things go quicker. So what benefit did I get from that massive prenups? Nothing really. so I will not think much about it again.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you have assets to lose why wouldn't you get a prenup? Anyone who's smart enough to amass some measure of wealth ought to be smart enough to see that marriages often end in failure and love is anything but eternal. There's no surer path to divorce than marrying for love and emotion.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast