+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: what can I do to improve

Okay, I edited to say "almost no one looks good in them". IMO even the skinny people don't look so great in them because they accentuate how skinny they are. But yeah, I know they are trendy.

Blah, the guy has more info than he can reasonably put to use for the next couple of days, this thread will die by then, and new issues will be posted in new threads, you can cast it as off-topic, but you could argue that there are elements of society that think less of people wearing this style. I'll agree it's more derailing than preserving, but the goddamn mods on this place are terribly lax as long as people aren't slinging pure insults.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Really? Faded jeans make you look bigger? I think maybe my idea of faded isn't the same thing. My jeans don't have those big gray or brown stains on the front. Stonewashed maybe? I don't know any of these stupid fashion terms. They have a very subtle faded look to them.

As to those jeans Neo posted, my dad has a pair just like those. They're about twenty years old and he uses them when he's painting or crawling through muck. That can't seriously be a fashion statement. Please tell me it isn't.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

shh! says:

"Bahaha! Some of you guys kill me! You only go after overly fashion-conscious girls, and wonder why they are shallow and you can't keep a relationship together with them."

ha ha ha ha, some of you old folks kill me!

did I do that right? Okay, now that we got the mandatory laugh followed by smug look out of the way, let's proceed. I called bullshit on your claim that brand name isn't as important as how you wear the clothes. You're only saying that now b/c you are married and settled down. I guarantee that if I went through your closet when you were younger, I would find some brand name clothes. Even now, I bet you have dresses you wear once in a while that cost more than both my Express jeans put together which I wear frequently. There's nothing wrong with that. Just don't delude the OP into thinking what brand you wear don't matter so long as "you feel good in them."

Furthermore, I never said I go after overly fashion-conscious girls. So I don't know where that came from. Perhaps you can show me? Then you presume to know the reason why guys' relationships with girls don't work out simply based on the advice we gave. Tsk tsk, I would expect more from you.

I think if you're catering to an audience that will notice the look, cut, and perhaps the brand of your clothing, you might be thought of as pursuing "fashion-conscious" people. "Overly" is too subjective to argue about though.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    I guarantee that if I went through your closet when you were younger, I would find some brand name clothes.
    Actually, no you wouldn't have. I grew up poor, and when I was young enough to actually care about brand names, I couldn't afford them. When I could afford them, I considered them to be a frivolous waste of money.

True, you will find a couple of pieces in my kid's wardrobe... I allow them to buy one over-priced outfit for the first day of school every year with my money, and if they want over-priced clothes the rest of the year, they buy with their own money. Otherwise, when I am paying, we go strictly for mid price range clothing that may not be the absolute "coolest", but are likewise not embarrassing. BTW - neither of them are struggling with lack of attention from the opposite sex, and my daughter and her friends actually laugh at boys wearing abercrombie - they associate name brands with being effeminate, and think it is weird when males are too fashion conscious.

As for the cost of my own clothing... I'm not name brand conscious at all. I buy what looks good and won't pay more for name brands. However, I buy relatively expensive shoes because I spend a lot of time on my feet and need good foot support.
    Last edited by shh!; 30-07-08 at 11:24 PM.

I would love to see pics of how some of the posters look like and dress. I read advice on how to attract members of the opposite sex, how to make out, what clothes to wear, etc. However, the few people I have seen were a let down. Surely some of you can post a pic of yourselves to demonstrate how to dress.

Something I forgot to tell you guys also was , and thanks for the opinions. I will be wearing something formal because their is a "formal ball" deal at the thing I am going to. I was contemplating using that to ask her to dance ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by ApexSeal View Post
    It definitely would've been easier if you hadn't done that, but it can still be fixed I think. Post up the gist of what you msg'd her with (I don't use myspace but please tell me that "comment submission" wasn't public...) and we'll see if we can't give you some advice.

And on that note, I'm going to finish off my 425 assignment so I can sleep. Anyone know how to implement an amplifier with differential output using only two op-amps and a resistor? LOL!
    Ok it was on her pulbic message space but her myspace is private but it said something to this affect, I dont want to give out to much info do not identify either of us to much.

"Hey thanks for the friends request, you are my favorite cosplayer ever! I saw you at ******"

her

"Oh you saw me ? What did you see me in I wish we could of talked :heart: "

me

"I saw you in your **** **** and also your Amane Misa , I also saw you ****. I am one of your biggest fans I am going to ***** I hope to see you there , "

Then I said something to the ill effect that would of been taken as me liking her.

edit - also I have no idea what that last part means.
    Last edited by pooker; 31-07-08 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    I would love to see pics of how some of the posters look like and dress. I read advice on how to attract members of the opposite sex, how to make out, what clothes to wear, etc. However, the few people I have seen were a let down. Surely some of you can post a pic of yourselves to demonstrate how to dress.
    you could always check out the "what are you wearing?" thread.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

anachronistic Guest
    Does anyone ever wear boot cut jeans because they wear BOOTS? Lol. Bootcut jeans look silly if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    we go strictly for mid price range clothing that may not be the absolute "coolest", but are likewise not embarrassing. BTW - neither of them are struggling with lack of attention from the opposite sex, and my daughter and her friends actually laugh at boys wearing abercrombie - they associate name brands with being effeminate, and think it is weird when males are too fashion conscious.
    Okay. Hasn't this been exactly what I've been saying all along? Not the "absolute coolest", but likewise not embarassing. Except Abercrombie isn't "absolute coolest", or "name brand", it's merely "mid range". It may be toward the upper end of mid range compared to AE and Hollister but it is definitely mainstream clothing. If you walk around a mall you'll find that it's among the cheaper stuff you can buy.

At the risk of seeming harsh,

Any "name brand", "designer", "label" pair of jeans costs upwards of $200. Not $50.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    my daughter and her friends actually laugh at boys wearing abercrombie - they associate name brands with being effeminate, and think it is weird when males are too fashion conscious.
    Shame on you for raising a daughter to belittle others for their appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by pooker View Post
    Ok it was on her pulbic message space but her myspace is private but it said something to this affect, I dont want to give out to much info do not identify either of us to much.

"Hey thanks for the friends request, you are my favorite cosplayer ever! I saw you at ******"

her

"Oh you saw me ? What did you see me in I wish we could of talked :heart: "

me

"I saw you in your **** **** and also your Amane Misa , I also saw you ****. I am one of your biggest fans I am going to ***** I hope to see you there , "

Then I said something to the ill effect that would of been taken as me liking her.

edit - also I have no idea what that last part means.
    Yeah the important part was how exactly what "something to the ill effect that would of been taken as me liking her." was actually haha. If you worded it somewhat ambiguously, it's fixable.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ApexSeal View Post
    Shame on you for raising a daughter to belittle others for their appearance.
    Don't be a hypocrite, son. Moments ago, you were saying that cheaper clothing makes people look unnattractive.

This whole ****ing appearance thing is all a big, sick, twisted joke. Even the hunchback of Notre Dame could get with someone; I've seen the shit happen with my own two eyes. If you can't get with a girl, it's either because she is a dumb bitch, or because you're doing it wrong.

And for the record, I'd say that shh's daughter is a helluva lot smarter than a fashion-spoiled glamor girl. Being able to point out how superficial one's personality is, based on how ridiculously overpriced their clothing is, although doesn't take more than a little common sense, it is still something that society in general has a huge lack of.

My personal opinion: **** clothes. If everyone were able to walk around in the nude, then I'd have my way. **** clothes and fashion statements and all that other garbage - there is more to life, and life's too short to worry about it.

And sorry for the R-rated post. I'm getting sick of the whole fashion debate.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 31-07-08 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    Don't be a hypocrite, son. Moments ago, you were saying that cheaper clothing makes people look unnattractive.
    It does.

But I don't go around laughing at people because they're unattractive (note: one N, not two. pay attention in class, son.). Her daughter does. She is part of the problem in our society.

And unfortunately for Pooker, more of our society is comprised of individuals like Shh's daughter rather than myself, which means he has to be concious of what's "normal", and dress so as not to invite belittlement.

But this isn't a philosophy class any more than it is a fashion discussion forum. Keep it on topic.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast