+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: auto industry.

Hahaha, the funny thing is that he knew he'd get flamed.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    King of the road my ass.

Trucks are actually more dangerous than cars. They tip over rather easily,
    Rather easily? Have you ever driven a truck?

they're bigger, which means they are more liable to be hit by other vehicles
    Just because I drive a bigger vehicle doesn't mean that you're not responsible for your driving. Using this logic, I'm assuming that if you hit an 18-wheeler, it's his fault for having a large vehicle, right?

and if there is shit in the cargo, that can be hazardous to other cars (I was driving behind some jackass on the freeway, and his dartgun (in the case) came flying out of his cargo and ****ing hit my car and had I been any closer, it would have came through the windshield, and killed my little sister who was sitting in the back seat, laughing and behaving innocent 2 year old self.)
    We can both agree that he is a dumbass for not properly securing his cargo. Anything I carry in the bed is properly tied down. Always.

Modern trucks are made out of the same plasticy material that cars are. If you hit a wall going 65mph in any vehicle, you'll more than likely die.
    OK, but you're car doesn't have a fully-boxed steel frame now does it? And yeah, hitting 65mph isn't going to end well. But would you rather be in a little Toyota coffin or take your chances in a bigger vehicle?

In fact, my personal opinion of most people who get trucks is that they do it to accommodate their lack of penis length.
    Do you write your own material? ....

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I can't help it. Half the people that own full sized trucks don't need them, and justify their purchase for the one or two times someone asked them to move their shit.

I knew this guy who had a quad cab F-150.

Granted he did construction, but he was merely a helper. Could barely afford to put gas in it, and never had reason to haul anything.

Like I said, I'd love to own a Tacoma, or any similarly sized truck, Frontier, Ranger, Canyon, whatever. Can I get along without it? Yes. But could I use one if I had one? Most definitely.

For the average construction worker, anything else is excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I agree with some of the points you said, but this especially is one of the poorest excuses to drive a truck or SUV.

First of all, all vehicles meet or exceed certain standards that negates your argument right there. Who would even consider buying a small vehicle when they could "dominate" the road with all the other truck drivers? Also, have you researched the effects of driving your truck, compared to any other modern car into a wall at 65 miles per hour?

There's a reason why not all trucks get perfect stars for safety.

Ever heard of "rollover"?

Have you ever driven in a city? Calibers, Fits, and Smart Cars are the Kings of those roads. Good luck finding a parking space, and good luck swerving through traffic.

If you're gonna own at truck, own it for the right reasons.

1.) You gotta haul shit on a regular basis.

2.) You live in areas where you can get real use out of the 4x4.

3.) You prefer to see over other cars.

4.) You can afford it.

I hope you don't have one of those "crew" cab trucks, they're so dumb. It's an SUV with the back cut off. The flatbed is virtually useless. Half the people I see driving them would never even use the flatbed out of necessity. Soccer moms that don't want a minivan or normal SUV.

The only reasonable excuse I can see to own one of those is if you work on a job site where you need to haul tools and equipment along with laborers.
    In all honesty, trucks don't really rollover as easily as one would think. I've had to make accident avoidance maneuvers at 70+ when a dumbass in another vehicle slams on his brakes or swerves and nearly hits me.

I also have a truck for those reasons you listed. I do haul stuff on a regular basis. I have a ranch and it's rather difficult to navigate the terrain without 4x4. I prefer being able to see over other cars. Farther line of site and what-not.

Yes, I drive in downtown Houston rather often. Not a problem navigating the streets even with all of these cars, walkers, and bikers. It all comes down to knowing the dimensions of your vehicle.

And yes, I own a crew cab truck. It's the family vehicle that gets all of us from A to B with all of our gear. Could I do the same thing in an Armada (SUV version of Titan)? Sure. But the Titan was cheaper and I prefer driving a truck over an SUV. Traded my 2002 Ford Explorer for my '08 Titan.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The are more prone to rolling, however, due to their higher centre of gravity. And that IS a fact.

Anyway, by your logic, we should all be driving Mac trucks. Fortunately, that requires a special licence.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    ILike I said, I'd love to own a Tacoma, or any similarly sized truck, Frontier, Ranger, Canyon, whatever.
    Of all those vehicles listed, they get only slightly better mileage than that of their half-ton counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    The are more prone to rolling, however, due to their higher centre of gravity. And that IS a fact.

Anyway, by your logic, we should all be driving Mac trucks. Fortunately, that requires a special licence.
    What part of my logic says that we should all be driving Mack trucks?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Bigger is better, right? How much better then, a big ol Mac truck? Simply extending you logic, kiddo.

Sold. I needed an idea for xmas. If it comes for Mac, that's his present. Thanks Uncle Mish.
    Yup, The game was ported to Mac OS X by Feral Interactive, under its' Feral Legends label.

Just becareful, one of the listed cons of the game is:

Will cause you to lose sleep. This new Sid Meier's Pirates! is an amazing, wonderfully lighthearted game that boasts an intoxicating blend of strategy and action, and as such it's a dire threat to your professional and personal productivity.

I went to bed at 2am last night as living proof of this warning.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Bigger is better, right?
    Within reason, yes.

I'm going to build a car with titanium-coated steel, lined with spikes and machine guns, and in the back, instead of having a flatbed, I'll have rocket boosters.

We'll see who the king of the highway is then.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreek View Post
    In all honesty, trucks don't really rollover as easily as one would think. I've had to make accident avoidance maneuvers at 70+ when a dumbass in another vehicle slams on his brakes or swerves and nearly hits me.

I also have a truck for those reasons you listed. I do haul stuff on a regular basis. I have a ranch and it's rather difficult to navigate the terrain without 4x4. I prefer being able to see over other cars. Farther line of site and what-not.

Yes, I drive in downtown Houston rather often. Not a problem navigating the streets even with all of these cars, walkers, and bikers. It all comes down to knowing the dimensions of your vehicle.

And yes, I own a crew cab truck. It's the family vehicle that gets all of us from A to B with all of our gear. Could I do the same thing in an Armada (SUV version of Titan)? Sure. But the Titan was cheaper and I prefer driving a truck over an SUV. Traded my 2002 Ford Explorer for my '08 Titan.
    Anybody who owns a ranch or farm requires an adequate truck.

Also, Houston is a Texas city, so that's a non issue for you. Huge and expansive highways, large streets, suburban sprawl. Try driving that in NYC, or Philadelphia, New Orleans, or Chicago. Texas has always been a state of excess. I love large breast like the next guy, but Texas needs to learn how to make an efficient city.

Dude, you don't need a truck to go with a ranch. My 20 year old FWD olds makes it all the way to my parents' home, and they really do live in Bum **** Egypt, where there are no roads.

Just saying though.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Dude, you don't need a truck to go with a ranch. My 20 year old FWD olds makes it all the way to my parents' home, and they really do live in Bum **** Egypt, where there are no roads.

Just saying though.
    If you ever need to haul large items, or tools, yes you need a proper truck, or a horse and carriage.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    True. But the US seems to employ an awful lot of Canadian scientists
    That's poorly worded (misleading) because the US employs a lot of everybody

Canada is just the more English form of the US, with the US being more German (aka generally more ept at scientific endeavors )

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast