+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The big news is.....

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well you better jump on that soon, sorry but I have my doubts about your boyfriend.

No, I'm not basing anything off his character, just taking into consideration that you guys haven't been dating long and you both are no doubt still in the honey moon period. I wouldn't be as pessimistic were you 2 or 3 years into a stable relationship.

No one can tell you the perfect career for you LadieNisha. There are plenty of great professions that make good money but you will have to assess your likes, dislikes, abilities, and motivations for those career choices.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Engineering...

Generally speaking you're looking at anywhere from 50-70K out of college with a BS. With a master figure about 10K+. Now once you're with the company for a while figure about 80-100K, no more than 100K. But, if you're an engineer in management you can make some serious dough. Looking at either from 100-300K depending on you're experience, how long you've been with the company, and where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    Engineering...

Generally speaking you're looking at anywhere from 50-70K out of college with a BS. With a master figure about 10K+. Now once you're with the company for a while figure about 80-100K, no more than 100K. But, if you're an engineer in management you can make some serious dough. Looking at either from 100-300K depending on you're experience, how long you've been with the company, and where you are.
    Same for accounting. I know this personally.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

You'll be doing math in Nursing as well, Nisha. I found it rather easy, but it is still math and you have to know it perfectly because otherwise you can kill someone.

The reason I have doubts about your bf is because you said he's an ex-player. I wonder how he's going to react once the reality of a baby and settling down with you for good sets in.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    bullshit, i worked with Toyota, Boeing, Raytheon, etc. Good luck finding a job out of college. We only hired people with loads of experience even for lowest paying jobs.
    Yeah, I have a friend with a masters in micro engineering. It seems that the university was after money because no one have jobs for him with that degree. I know SEVERAL engineers and yes some do make good money but for many it took them quite a while to get there. The ones making 80K+ are at big companies. Even with a degree in engineering or accounting (know that well too), you cannot assume you are going to get the job that makes the big money. I say try for medical school. Even in medical research, they will try to pay you the lowest they think you will accept.

Careers in the IT field are good as well because it is ever-growing and won't be slowing down for some time.

I've thought about going the MBA-Technology route which could lead me up to CTO and CIO slots in corporations.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Careers in the IT field are good as well because it is ever-growing and won't be slowing down for some time.

I've thought about going the MBA-Technology route which could lead me up to CTO and CIO slots in corporations.
    but the competition is ruthless.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    but the competition is ruthless.
    Depending on where you're going.

The IT field is growing at such an exponential rate that it doesn't matter if there is competition. You'll find a job. Law is where the competition is ruthless.

If you're good at what you do then you're going to find a job. It's that simple.

Yeah, I know a few in computers. My ex's best friend only has a baccalaureate degree and he is moving up the ladder very quickly. I have another friend that wants to start his own business. My guy is into law and his best friend is a patent lawyer or something like that and he is indeed ruthless but he is not like the "other" lawyers. He makes a lot of money and has a home in the millions but no time to enjoy it. I'm serious. He has no time for himself.

Now that I think about it, these people are successful in what they do (Maybe the micro engineer will be successful once he finishes his degree this year). They are highly motivated though. They want to do what they are doing. Also, all of these people are men that I am thinking about. I don't know what that is about but I see it in the medical research field too.

EDIT: And I'm sure most of them did not start off making good money. In fact I saw some of them go from nothing to something (including my ex, his best friend, my current male friends, and my current guy). I saw them ALL start off with nothing their first year out. You must be highly motivated to be successful.
    Last edited by lesa; 15-05-09 at 02:53 AM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    Eh, I noticed she avoided this thread so idk what she will say but hopefully she can help me out. Thanks again.
    Vash would certainly offer advice, but in this case you might have to have the initiative to ask & be serious about your ambition. It would be like someone wanting a career in science asking me. PM her.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Did you guys forget that he started dating me with a child already? Did you miss the part when I said that he takes care of her like his own and tells everyone that she is his daughter? He has experience with taking care of a child with my daughter and his nephew. I have no doubt about his dedication to our child. When I brought up abortion early on, he broke down in tears because it would be a hard pill to swallow.

Even if he were to turn around and cheat on me, I know for a fact that he would never turn his back on the kids. Not even my daughter.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Nothing is wrong with some math. I mean jobs where it is surrounded with plain out math and nothing else is not something I want to be in.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    Engineering...

AJ is right. We're a family of engineers and scientists. Some making >300K, working in aerospace for the govt. That's salary, not including investments.

Go to school, Nish. Math is hard, so what? Bite the bullet, its worth it.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    Nothing is wrong with some math. I mean jobs where it is surrounded with plain out math and nothing else is not something I want to be in.
    Engineering is mostly project and staff management at senior levels, actually.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast