+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Should I give up???

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Probably b/c he's older. Mature. These men don't have the same urgency about dating that guys 20 years junior do.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Yggdrasil gives up all Hope (of Hope overcomming her fears and eventualy growing balls).

Older, mature guys are interested in women with confidence, independence and high self esteem, who know what they want.

Do you know what you want and have you expressed that to him?

Right....
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; 03-07-09 at 03:11 PM. Reason: typo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Older, mature guys are interested in women with confidence, independence and high self esteem, who know what they want.
    I really appreciate your help, however, it goes both ways. If he is really interested in me, he can also do the same by telling me. And maybe that's why he hasn't told me is because he's fearful and doesn't have any balls therefore, he isn't confident that he can ask me to a movie or give me a kiss. Its not all about what I should be doing this. Older mature guys can also show affection which in his case he has not shown at all.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Probably b/c he's older. Mature. These men don't have the same urgency about dating that guys 20 years junior do.
    Are you saying that because he's old and mature, he can't give me a kiss or hold my hand. What a cope out that is.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hope, you seem oblivious to certain obvious facts of life. Perhaps this is why you are where you are.

Anyway, the fact is, YOU are the one who isn't getting what she wants. Not him. He seems quite happy with status quo. Therefore the onus is on YOU to act. Get that?

If you don't, and you still seem to think that he's 'copping out' then I would say you have a real entitlement issue and he's probably better off dogding the bullet that is you.

Ask for what you want in life. Don't ever expect anyone else to hand it to you.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Maybe you might be right, however, if he is quite happy with status quo, then maybe I just got my answer and that is he isn't interested.

I would say that he obviously has some feelings for you weather it be just for a friendship or someone he can be in a relationship. You should try to be a little touchy during these "golf" sessions just kinda staying close nothing too big, and maybe end off one of the nights with a thank you and kiss on the cheek

Quote Originally Posted by Hope09 View Post
    Maybe you might be right, however, if he is quite happy with status quo, then maybe I just got my answer and that is he isn't interested.
    Or maybe you're using this as an excuse for your own fears, or maybe he's afraid of chasing you away if he makes the first move, or maybe he doesn't want to hurt your feelings or his feelings, or maybe he's as insecure as you are, or maybe he wants you to make the first move, or maybe the moon is made of cheese or maybe it's any of the other thousand reasons I could come up with.

Bottom line is: YOU won't know till YOU ask.

From my viewpoint: if I would be single (I ain't..sowwy) and I'd be golfing with an attractive female, I'd be happy already. IF this attractive female would let me know she's interested in me, I'd be highly interested myself to see where it leads to.

Of course, not everyone is the same.

So... ask him already... sheesh... you know what.. give me his phone number.. I'll ask him on your behalf...

I'll just call him and say.. you know.. that gall you're golfing with.. she wants more but she's to scared to say something...
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; 04-07-09 at 05:28 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IF this attractive female would let me know she's interested in me, I'd be highly interested myself to see where it leads to.
    If you are interested in an attractive female, why can't you come and just say your interested?

So... ask him already... sheesh... you know what.. give me his phone number.. I'll ask him on your behalf...
    This made me laugh.

My Friend - <hearing the phone ring> "Hello?
    Yggdrasil - Hello Joe? (not his real name)
    My Friend - Yes??
    Yggdrasil - My name is yggdrasil and I'm from the Love Forum and your friend Jane (not her real name) is very much interested in you
    My Friend - What??? Did you say your from the "Love Forum"
    Yggdrasil - Yes
    My Friend - "Click"

Quote Originally Posted by Hope09 View Post
    My Friend - <hearing the phone ring> "Hello?
    Yggdrasil - Hello Joe? (not his real name)
    My Friend - Yes??
    Yggdrasil - My name is yggdrasil and I'm from the Love Forum and your friend Jane (not her real name) is very much interested in you
    My Friend - What??? Did you say your from the "Love Forum"
    Yggdrasil - Yes
    My Friend - "Click"
    What a twist on what I typed:

I'll just call him and say.. you know.. that gall you're golfing with.. she wants more but she's to scared to say something...
    Now I am laughing.

You seem to have a vivid imagination. What's your next move?

Common Hope.. what is your REAL problem?
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; 05-07-09 at 02:42 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If I waited around for every guy I was interested in to make up their minds, and had not been a little more assertive... I wouldn't have near the dating experiences I do.

What's wrong with going forth to get what you want? Why should it all hinge on the guy?

Just my two cents...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hope, you seem to have assertiveness problems. So I think you should start dating other guys. It will help your lagging self-esteem and might get this guy to hustle for you a bit more if he perceives you are going off-market.

If he doesn't step up, nothing lost & you know his interest level. For you, at that point you shrug him off except for the odd golf game when you have time. Can't lose what you never had.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

What a twist on what I typed:
    C'mon, I was just trying to be funny.

Today, we went golfing and I golfed in the 80's. The last time I golfed in the 80's was 2 years ago, so I was pretty excited about it. My friend was a lot more excited than I was.

After he dropped me off, I actually wanted to give him a hug. However, by the time, he put my clubs in the back of my car, he was already opening up the driver side door as I was shutting my car trunk. Now, how am I supposed to give him a hug, if he is already in the driver's seat before I turn around to face his car???

My guess is that he is just not interested if he is hurrying to get to the car before I can even turn around.

I would think IF and I do mean IF he is interested, he would at least give me some clue that he wants a hug or even a kiss. I can't do this ALL by myself, I was hoping he could at least meet me halfway.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Hope, you seem to have assertiveness problems.
    Well, to be honest, I think my friend also has an assertiveness issues. So, let's just agree to disagree. We both do.

So, basically you're upset that he may be shy, and you may be shy, and that neither of you can seem to manage to get out of your own damn way and ask the person out.

Look woman, wither you grow a ****ing pair and actually take the responsibility to ask for what you want in life, or you have to learn to live with the disappointment that men cannot and will not read your goddamn mind.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast