+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Difficulty of breaking off an engagement

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Is it because I show some feelings for her? I don't mind if it was just a one night stand really. I actually thought that is what it would be. Just like yours. However she started crying and getting emotional but ONLY after the fact. Cheating is cheating though. That is what both women did in our cases man. That entire "one last fruit thing" sounds great from your perspective...would hate to be the fiance or soon to be husband.
    Of course it's because there's feelings there bro ! When the attraction between 2 people is strong and the sex intimate and intense, that bond forms quick !! There's alot more detail to my experience OV...there's what happened, a middle part, and an end. The bottom line though is that it started out as a fun, purely physical encounter and ended up being only that. I resisted anything more and now it remains a very good memory.

In your case, or in any case, if you truly are drawn to someone, even if they're taken, there's no harm in letting them know how you feel...maybe someday things won't work out for her and perhaps you'll be there. Hey, look at the other thread...you have 80-90% chance one day, so it's not all bad news

In the meantime, yes, please let her go and live her life. You do the same

I now completely regret getting involved at all.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ahhh there is saying in polish ' Kto ma miękkie serce, ten ma twardą dupę' . I think it says everything And You sure as hell have hard ass. Don't worry, You meet someone else. It's always like that
    I wazzzz here

Shit dude, don't beat yourself up. Life is about making mistakes and learning...haven't met a perfect person yet myself

what happened?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    OV, what are you beating yourself over? Nothing happened. Feel sorry for her husband, she's got a lot of growing up to do.

Live forever, learn everything.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

He found out. I don't know what is going on with them. Some kind of drama. She thinks it is all my fault.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He found out. I don't know what is going on with them. Some kind of drama. She thinks it is all my fault.
    No surprise there. Like I said, she's got a lot of growing up to do. Personal responsibility, for starters, sounds like. Be grateful YOU aren't the one who has to deal with her growing pains.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    Ahhh there is saying in polish ' Kto ma miękkie serce, ten ma twardą dupę' .
    Haha it sure sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    No surprise there. Like I said, she's got a lot of growing up to do. Personal responsibility, for starters, sounds like. Be grateful YOU aren't the one who has to deal with her growing pains.
    Yea they are taking it out on me. I think he tried to call me once. I don't even know him well. I think she told him something silly to get out of it maybe and it worries me. You are right, she does have some growing up to do.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well doll, you decided to meet trouble halfway. You didn't think you'd come away completely unscathed, did you? Hope you learned your lesson.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

yeah, those things typically blow up in ones face. sorry ov. shouldn't mess with girls like that. danger zone.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

First off you should know better than to get in the middle of a committee relationship. You wouldn't want some guy doing it to you so do yourself and your integrity a favor.

Secondly you probably don't want to be involved with a woman that cannot enforce personal boundaries about relationships. Consider her the car dodged when playing frogger man.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    First off you should know better than to get in the middle of a committee relationship. You wouldn't want some guy doing it to you so do yourself and your integrity a favor.

Secondly you probably don't want to be involved with a woman that cannot enforce personal boundaries about relationships. Consider her the car dodged when playing frogger man.
    It has nothing to do with integrity. I don't follow the Jebus logic of don't do onto others because you wouldn't want it done to you. I don't do to others because it might suck later for me. I figured it wouldn't bug me at the end but it does because of how childish they are acting now and the sex wasn't that great. If he is jealous he can leave her instead of trying to take it out on me.

It has nothing to do with integrity. I don't follow the Jebus logic of don't do onto others because you wouldn't want it done to you. I don't do to others because it might suck later for me.
    So personally, i think if you dont do something because you dont want it to happen to you.... you could not be more naive. You can live as a god while people taking advantages of you. If you dont do anything, make sure it's because you- yourself- feel suck if you do it .Expecting people to treat you the way you treat them is like expecting a rock to boom flowers. You're at their mercy

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So....what? If you were engaged to some girl and another dude slept with her, you'd think he had NO fault in it whatsoever? You wouldn't want to 'talk' to him? If so, I commend you, because you're the only man on earth that wouldn't want to have words with the guy who banged his woman.

Granted, she was the engaged one, but it's not like you didn't know.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast