+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of doing something crazy

Quote Originally Posted by zipzap View Post
    Because it's a stupid idea, as you all have said.
    I also find it stupid that she has ever liked you: yet you disagree with that opinion too...
    So, who cares what anyone here thinks!???! I mean: we could all be wrong, so how are we to truly know??? (fact is; we don't)

Prove her wrong, prove us wrong: go to her: and approach her in a way you've never done: with confidence, a smile, a sense of humor!
    Then address your concerns and bring up what she did you make you like her> Ask her point blank, something like:

"I know you are engaged, and I've already shot myself in the foot but I'd really like to ask you a question, probably based on a
    hypothetical that will never come to pass, buy (insert her name) did you ever like me? Like when you used to glance at me...can you tell me if anything went through
    your mind?"

Then listen to her> This will confirm anything and she will tell you.
    If you don't ever ask? You will never know.

Right. She said she'll get back to me but never did.
    Ask yourself why?

Do you really think she got soooooo busy that she couldn't take just a single moment: to tell you when to make plans again?
    If someone likes you: they make time for you!!! This what people do.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    I also find it stupid that she has ever liked you: yet you disagree with that opinion too...
    So, who cares what anyone here thinks!???! I mean: we could all be wrong, so how are we to truly know??? (fact is; we don't)

Prove her wrong, prove us wrong: go to her: and approach her in a way you've never done: with confidence, a smile, a sense of humor!
    Then address your concerns and bring up what she did you make you like her> Ask her point blank, something like:

"I know you are engaged, and I've already shot myself in the foot but I'd really like to ask you a question, probably based on a
    hypothetical that will never come to pass, buy (insert her name) did you ever like me? Like when you used to glance at me...can you tell me if anything went through
    your mind?"

Then listen to her> This will confirm anything and she will tell you.
    If you don't ever ask? You will never know.
    I want to do something like this, but I don't know if I can pull it off. I mean, first of all, I'd have to see her without him. And then the first thing we'll talk about is how it feels to be engaged, he seems like a nice guy, what are your wedding plans, etc. Then I'd have to totally switch gears to ask about me - not easy to do. If I do get to that point, I think I'd say something like: "it's been great being your friend for the past year, and I'll miss you when you move away (she plans to because he's from out of town), but you know, it's kind of funny that you and I never got the chance to go on a date, and now we'll never get the chance." Then I'll probably laugh embarrassedly and see how she reacts.

How does that sound?

Ask yourself why?

Do you really think she got soooooo busy that she couldn't take just a single moment: to tell you when to make plans again?
    If someone likes you: they make time for you!!! This what people do.
    I did ask myself that, and I stopped trying because of it. But now I feel that I shouldn't have stopped FOREVER. I should have waited a couple of weeks or a month, and then, seeing that we're still friendly, tried again - this time properly. Or considering the mixed signals, I could've asked a 3rd party to find out if she's interested.

I'm thinking of asking her mom: "Your daughter is a beautiful girl and lots of guys were interested in her. Why do you think she chose this guy?".

What do you all think of that? (I should probably fine-tune the wording a bit.)

This ticks me off:

He posted this on Facebook under one of her photos: "I'm the luckiest guy in the whole world!!"

What an idiot for bragging! Yes, it was luck for a schmoe like him to get a girl like her. It tells me that he doesn't know how to handle her. Keep bragging lucky boy - until it annoys her and causes a huge argument/break-up.

BAD IDEA!!! How would you feel if you were engaged to someone and some guy tried something like this with her? You wouldn't like it at all! So where do you get off trying to do this to someone else? I realize you like her but there are so many other great girls out there that could make you happy! And besides if she cheated on him with you what makes you think she wouldn't cheat on you with someone else...

I'm thinking of asking her mom: "Your daughter is a beautiful girl and lots of guys were interested in her. Why do you think she chose this guy?".

What do you all think of that? (I should probably fine-tune the wording a bit.)
    This ticks me off:

He posted this on Facebook under one of her photos: "I'm the luckiest guy in the whole world!!"

What an idiot for bragging! Yes, it was luck for a schmoe like him to get a girl like her. It tells me that he doesn't know how to handle her. Keep bragging lucky boy - until it annoys her and causes a huge argument/break-up.
    (1) Don't talk to her mother...you don't even know her either!
    (2) He's not an idiot for bragging, he's happy he has found someone: you're just obviously jealous.

She (if she's like most women) adores the compliments he showers her with. Sorry.

Why are you quoting yourself?
    LMAO! is this thread for real?

I just read through all 6 pages... I'm speechless... idk

It's like a bad car crash.

You know you shouldn't look but for some reason you just can't take your eyes away from it

Quote Originally Posted by courtney90 View Post
    And besides if she cheated on him with you what makes you think she wouldn't cheat on you with someone else...
    Brilliant, brilliant point...

This ticks me off:

It probably wasn't just luck. He likely actively pursued her, something that you never had the balls to do. So why don't you turn your anger at him into anger at yourself and use this as a lesson to never again be a passive little baby with a girl you like. Hating him makes you look like a bitter manchild.

And leave her mother out of it. Here again, you're looking like a little baby. Running to her mother to tattle on her or something? Grow the **** up. It's over, you lost her, it's done. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by courtney90 View Post
    BAD IDEA!!! How would you feel if you were engaged to someone and some guy tried something like this with her? You wouldn't like it at all! So where do you get off trying to do this to someone else? I realize you like her but there are so many other great girls out there that could make you happy! And besides if she cheated on him with you what makes you think she wouldn't cheat on you with someone else...
    I wouldn't ask her to cheat, just to reconsider if she's having 2nd thoughts about spending the rest of her life with him.

(1) Don't talk to her mother...you don't even know her either!
    (2) He's not an idiot for bragging, he's happy he has found someone: you're just obviously jealous.

She (if she's like most women) adores the compliments he showers her with. Sorry.
    I just want to get a sense of whether the mom is happy with the guy or not. But I might not dare ask that question...I'll play it by ear.

Yes, I'm jealous. I just think bragging like that is in bad taste and childish (like yelling "look what I found!!").

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast