+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Panic in the streets of London ...

^^^^ lmao!!!
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post

Rioters should get punished under the law. But people (especially a large number people) don't just riot out of defiance. The state cannot expect to resolve problems by treating the symptoms.
    I think you're trying to make a point here, but I must be too dumb to catch it. Are you saying these idiots who rioted in Van (and planned ahead enough to wear ski-masks) were doing it for some larger purpose?

Bullshit. Those tards were making trouble for the sake of. You dont happen to know anyone who was there, do you? I know you're from Slurrey.

If it were me in charge of the cops, I'd put snipers on the buildings like I said in the following procedure:

1. Photograph anyone in a ski mask who even looks like they are starting something. There are plenty of inexpensive cameras that can get good res at that distance.
    2. Shoot them, preferably with a non-lethal tho a major limb would do.
    3. Watch the idiot crowds disperse real quick after that.

The problem is the cops are hamstrung by idiots who will say *after* the fact: oh, you shouldn't have shot that poor rioter! Nevermind that those idiots would have cleared out well before trouble started if they had any sense.

I have NO sympathy for any of the rioters, here or in London. WTF? You want a reason to riot? How about living in Syria?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Hear! Hear!

As soon as they put cameras in 'smart' TVs, I'm heading for the hills building a tree house. My husband thinks I am joking...
    There's a camera on your laptop, isn't there? You should be more worried about the non-removable wifi that is in your laptop.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    There's a camera on your laptop, isn't there? You should be more worried about the non-removable wifi that is in your laptop.
    Oh that scares me, don't get me wrong, but I can shut my lap top. I do think cameras appearing in everything (just got an iPad2 *shudders*) is just a way to get us comfortable with the possibility of being watched all the time.

Smart TVs have non removable wifi. I can at least hit a button on my laptop and turn wifi off. The thing that scares me the most about smart TVs is the fact that there they are, on your wall, all connected to the internet. Once they put cameras in them (for skype etc purposes) we're technologically set up for big brother to enter our homes.

I wish I was a prole. :p
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Minx, great movie if you haven't seen it:

--Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

looks like I need to make a trip to the video shop....

Oh and I pouted for the doggy losing his master. :p

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What for? The entire movie is on youtube I just posted the link.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Oh I hate watching movies on the lap top. Frustrates the crap outta me. Bad sound, hard to get the screen on the right angle, poor light... I have a lovely 50" plasma screen and a blu ray player for a reason. Not to mention the fantastic sounding amp and speakers... (I love my Wharfedales)

There's an easier way to 'shut off' cameras if you're worried about it...

In front of the lens

lol lipp.
    Have you read 1984?

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    I have a lovely 50" plasma screen and a blu ray player for a reason. Not to mention the fantastic sounding amp and speakers... (I love my Wharfedales)
    Wow ! You are turning me on ... when can I come over with some pop-corn ??

Come on MaidenMinx, don't be rude. Answer the gentlemans question.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So, whats the real news in London, Kie?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

^ I would like to tell you, but I haven't been back to London for 2 years now. Born and bred there, yet have very little ties to the place. In fact, I don't even like England. Black "youts" are welcome to deface the place for all I care. Maybe it'll open a few eyes.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh thats right. I forgot you moved w/your lady.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast