+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Connecticut Shooting Leaves 28 Dead, Including 20 Pupils

Hunting should be illegal; it's a barbaric stupid non-sport that wastes resources.

Even if one HAS to shoot a gun; there are places where one can shoot targets and hunt and whatnot. That doesn't necessitate gun ownership.

Any of the grown adults he killed would probably have stopped him! The kids could probably have ran and some would have been saved. ****, he might not have attempted it in the first place without the cowardice that comes with owning a gun.

Oh, so you're a strict vegan or just an ignorant hypocrite?

Hunting has been a way of life for centuries, it helps population control for certain pest species, provides sustainable food source (stuff like boar, deer etc are eaten and taste great. Even rabbit and pigeon are tasty!)

Am guessing to have such a naive view you're from a very urban environment, used to seeing your meat come from a packet. If you knew the horrible standards animals are bred and slaughtered in you'd appreciate hunting is the best 'free range' food source. The animal lives its entire life free to do as it pleases until it's killed often without even knowing about it. Compare that to the life your supermarket beef/chicken/pork...

If you're all angsty about big game hunting in africa you might be very surprised to learn how much better that is for animal conservation and the local economy is than tourist safaris. To save me writing an essay i'll leave you to do some actual research rather than you throw around tired old uneducated emotional claptrap.

As for your other comment, yes you need to own a gun to use it properly. You tweak and set up your rifle/shotgun to how you shoot. Again this is basic stuff to know!

I don't know the full facts surrounding this guy, were the guns his? There is no point getting into a massive speculation argument over what he could/couldn't do with other weapons, fact is he did shoot them and what needs to change (or what wasn't done that should have been done) to stop it happening again.
    "Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"

I am adamantly opposed to some of the practices in meat packing sure.

**** with tradition: we used to enslave "inferior" people and believe women deserved to be raped, ya wanna stick to tradition? Hunting is STUPID: how much of hunting is used today for sustenance? Virtually nowhere but in backward rural areas. It's not a method of mass production and is consequently pretty ****ing irrelevant.

What does your argument have to do with rights? I was just saying, if somebody needed a metaphorical penis extension and shoot a gun, they could just pay and shoot at targets. You have yet again not addressed my issue: WHY does anyone need a gun? And be realistic: not, SAVE THE COUNTRY FROM COMMIES like in Red Dawn.

You see you can't look at the subject objectively, you're all emotive and adament that because of several high profile incidents guns should be banned and the world is a better place. Sadly it doesn't work like that for reasons i've already outlined.

I never mentioned tradition, i said hunting has been done for centuries as a means for food and clothing. You seem to think it's fine to wear leather shoes that come from some cow that lived its life being fed growth hormones on an cattle production line having a short, miserable life yet the guy who goes out, shoots a (insert animal here), eats it and makes a hat from the fur is somehow inhumane and backward?!

Hunting isn't a method of mass production...and? So what! Those that do it get highest quality fresh meat for their efforts from an animal that lived a normal life. To me that seems far better than the mass produced food chain we have going on.

Comparing it to slavery, funnily enough your intensively farmed animals for the food chain have much more in common with slavery!

If someone wants to just 'shoot a gun' they can just go to a range and hire a gun and fire it. However if you get into it as a hobby you need your own so you can set it up just right for you. I think your total ignorance about guns shows with your comments.

If you read my posts i listed just a few of many reasons why someone might choose to own a gun, their need is individual.

Actually, I'm currently PRO-gun, quit making assumptions. And my changing/questioning stance is almost not at all some misplaced outrage at a few rare school shootings; in fact, my questioning comes more from man kills wife and children then commits suicide and smaller scale low profile incidents like that.

Quote Originally Posted by steviej View Post
    You see you can't look at the subject objectively, you're all emotive and adament that because of several high profile incidents guns should be banned and the world is a better place. Sadly it doesn't work like that for reasons i've already outlined.

I never mentioned tradition, i said hunting has been done for centuries as a means for food and clothing. You seem to think it's fine to wear leather shoes that come from some cow that lived its life being fed growth hormones on an cattle production line having a short, miserable life yet the guy who goes out, shoots a (insert animal here), eats it and makes a hat from the fur is somehow inhumane and backward?!

Hunting isn't a method of mass production...and? So what! Those that do it get highest quality fresh meat for their efforts from an animal that lived a normal life. To me that seems far better than the mass produced food chain we have going on.

Comparing it to slavery, funnily enough your intensively farmed animals for the food chain have much more in common with slavery!

If someone wants to just 'shoot a gun' they can just go to a range and hire a gun and fire it. However if you get into it as a hobby you need your own so you can set it up just right for you. I think your total ignorance about guns shows with your comments.

If you read my posts i listed just a few of many reasons why someone might choose to own a gun, their need is individual.
    When animals are going extinct from frivolous trophies and furs and shit, hunting is a complete insult to third-world countries.

What the **** are you talking about? "Uh yah, if you shoot a gun for fun at target practice sites, you totally need to have one for yourself." Huge logical leap there. Guns should not be hobbies.

So in the USA, what animals are on the verge of extinction thanks to hunting?

You're taking one very tiny part of hunting (trophy hunting to extinction) and totally ignoring all the other types there are, some of which i listed earlier.
    Lol@ hunting an insult to 3rd world countries, you are just making this stuff up off your head! I think the massive percentage of obese americans is more an insult than people who hunt!

Why shouldn't shooting be a hobby? You do know it's an olypmic sport, competitions held all over the world, even the uk with one of the most strict firearms laws of anywhere has many gun clubs for target shooting, its one of the very few ways you are legally allowed to own a rifle over here.

The Olympics is retarded, then; how the **** is some fatass Joe Schmuck shooting a gun a sport?

Hunting is mostly frivolous killing to sate the gun nuts' appetite for needless killing. And how often does anyone really hunt for sustenance? I highly doubt it's all that common. Mountain men aren't so prominent.

Here's an article that sort of talks about the gunman's motives.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/16/nyregion/friends-of-gunmans-mother-his-first-victim-recall-her-as-generous.html?_r=0

@steviej & other gun lobbyist

this is an example of what happens when a mad man DOES NOT have access to guns
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-20723910

equally sad but the damage is less
    Last edited by asdfg789; 16-12-12 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    The Olympics is retarded, then; how the **** is some fatass Joe Schmuck shooting a gun a sport?

Hunting is mostly frivolous killing to sate the gun nuts' appetite for needless killing. And how often does anyone really hunt for sustenance? I highly doubt it's all that common. Mountain men aren't so prominent.
    You're just making massive assumptions without any knowledge on the subject at all. You have a misguided view and come to some strange conclusions without any evidence or facts. No objective reasoning whatsoever, just pure speculation.
    You should apply to work for fox news!

Lol@ the olympics is retarded, well someone is definitely retarded and it's not the olympics...

Quote Originally Posted by asdfg789 View Post
    @steviej & other gun lobbyist

this is an example of what happens when a mad man DOES NOT have access to guns
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-20723910

equally sad but the damage is less
    Have a look here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12462/Shipman-joins-list-worlds-worst-serial-killers.html

I don't think a single one of these used a firearm.

No gun unfortunately doesn't mean a low body count.

I read the link about that adam guy, i don't know what the law surrounding gun posession is in that state but here in the uk any firearm or shotgun has to be kept in a police approved locked cabinet to which only the licence holder has access to.
    Adam should not have had unsupervised access to those firearms.

It also seemed he was failed on many levels by the state leading up to that, is school not complusary? Where was the help for his learning difficulties? It seems there were a lot of factors that led up to his actions on that day

Have a look here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12462/Shipman-joins-list-worlds-worst-serial-killers.html

I don't think a single one of these used a firearm.

No gun unfortunately doesn't mean a low body count.

I read the link about that adam guy, i don't know what the law surrounding gun posession is in that state but here in the uk any firearm or shotgun has to be kept in a police approved locked cabinet to which only the licence holder has access to.
    Adam should not have had unsupervised access to those firearms.

It also seemed he was failed on many levels by the state leading up to that, is school not complusary? Where was the help for his learning difficulties? It seems there were a lot of factors that led up to his actions on that day
    perhaps you misread my point - loose firearms laws like those in the US result in these mass killings which usually occur within 24 hours. nothing to do with serial killers over a longer period of time. you are in the uk ? so are you saying you like to have liberal gun laws like they do in the US ?

The uk is an example of gun restriction gone too far. Personally i'd like to see a balance somewhere between what we have and what some states have.
    The licencing arrangement we have i think is ok, requires plenty of checks, references, doctors report etc.

However the restrictions on what guns you can have are far to severe and you cannot use them for self defence - even in your home!

I don't think CC or OC should be allowed over here though, that would be too much of a culture shock, lol.

I won't turn this into a rant about how rediculous some of our restrictons are...shotgun barrel lengths etc etc...

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What makes you think that? Scum already carry weapons, it's the law abiding who are unable to!
    What people don't seem to grasp is that controls, laws, restrictions only work on people who are willing to follow them.
    Hmm, that's like saying lets make drugs legal because it is only 'criminals' that carry/take them so it would be easier if they were legal.

I stand by my opinion that carrying a weapon/firearm should continue to be illegal in the uk, if gun laws are relaxed then it will mean police being armed which I do not agree with, especially as our police have very limited protection in law (prosecuted for accidents while on blue light runs, the suspension that automatically comes when a firearms officer discharges his weapon etc etc) and not forgetting the general hatred of police by many in this country.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast