+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: My ex gf's friend bloodied me but I walked away, did I do the right thing?

And what's wrong with that? You're awfully particular about this taboo..if you don't like it, which I see nothing wrong with, why don't you move to Ireland so you can beat women all ya like?
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    And what's wrong with that? You're awfully particular about this taboo..if you don't like it, which I see nothing wrong with, why don't you move to Ireland so you can beat women all ya like?
    O.O OHHHH! more stereotyping. lolzz
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Empty and meaningless rhetoric. Assaulting anyone should be illegal, but it shouldn't be "more" illegal just because the victim was female. Likewise, the right to self-defense should not be abrogated just because the assailant is a woman.

No one is talking about how they want to beat women. Calm the hysterics down.

I didn't mention legality. We personally don't like it in this hemisphere. Now calm your pretentious, pseudo-intellectual BS down.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Pretentious" - that's what someone calls you when they feel inferior to you.

"Pseudo-intellectual" - that's what someone calls you when they feel dumber than you.

Have a good one.

Nobody cares about your pseudo-psychoanalysis or your opinions. It's fine that you want to keep questioning everything, but I doubt you'll ever effect any changes because you don't actually provide any arguments and nobody gives a shit what you think. So, yeah, have a good one too, bud.

^Doesn't care what I think. Spends time arguing about what I think and trying to insult me over it.

lolumad?

Oh goodie, the brilliant "irony" remark....Good on you, sir. *last post to you, places you on ignore list, doesn't care if you make some comment about if this is supposed to hurt you, don't care*

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeheMan View Post
    "Pretentious" - that's what someone calls you when they feel inferior to you.

"Pseudo-intellectual" - that's what someone calls you when they feel dumber than you.

Have a good one.
    Not always, ShitHeMan. Sometimes, if someone calls you an idiot, you really simply are. Try Marx or Twain.

I miss KingZ.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

You can always tell someone "doesn't care" when they throw a tantrum and block you.

I loves me some Indi.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    You were being sexist. You want equal rights, I'm willin' to give 'em to ya. Pop me in the mouth, and I'll pop ya right back.

Equally to either sex.
    Gonna have to disagree with you, here. While I could see that saying, "no man should ever hit a woman" isn't really a catch-all rule, it's a pretty good general rule, because women are generally physically weaker than their male counterparts.

If a person (male or female) attacks you on the physical ground, and you're clearly stronger, it doesn't make sense for you to retaliate. It wouldn't be morally acceptable, either.

Eye for an eye is a very primitive, caveman way of thinking about these situations, and you're old enough that you should realize that.

So I'm responsible for someone else's suicidal stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    So I'm responsible for someone else's suicidal stupidity?
    Let me break this down, because there are multiple ways of reaching the same conclusion. I like the little Epicurus quote in your signature, but there is actually a lot of value in the Christian concept of turning the other cheek.

#1: Physical advantage

If a person confined to a wheelchair punches Bob, does it make sense for Bob to strike the handicapped person back? They are mentally cognitive, and completely aware of what they're doing. What would you think of someone who hit a handicapped person?

#2: Mental advantage

What if the person isn't actually aware that their "suicidal stupidity" is suicidal stupidity? If a schizophrenic person hits you, do you hit them back? What about a child?

#3: Disadvantage

If a person who is much stronger than you hits you, do you hit them back?

#4: Ad infinitum

If a person of equal strength hits you, and you hit them back, at what point does it stop? What if it's not a physical attack, but an attack on another ground? Eventually, you have to decide that it isn't worth the effort to keep fighting.

#5: Moral

How can you morally justify hitting someone that has hit you?

Bottomline: Have the one that hits charged with assault. Let the courts hit (figuratively speaking) the one back who has assualted, no matter what their disadvantage.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by KingZ View Post
    Let me break this down, because there are multiple ways of reaching the same conclusion. I like the little Epicurus quote in your signature, but there is actually a lot of value in the Christian concept of turning the other cheek.

#1: Physical advantage

If a person confined to a wheelchair punches Bob, does it make sense for Bob to strike the handicapped person back? They are mentally cognitive, and completely aware of what they're doing. What would you think of someone who hit a handicapped person?

#2: Mental advantage

What if the person isn't actually aware that their "suicidal stupidity" is suicidal stupidity? If a schizophrenic person hits you, do you hit them back? What about a child?

#3: Disadvantage

If a person who is much stronger than you hits you, do you hit them back?

#4: Ad infinitum

If a person of equal strength hits you, and you hit them back, at what point does it stop? What if it's not a physical attack, but an attack on another ground? Eventually, you have to decide that it isn't worth the effort to keep fighting.

#5: Moral

How can you morally justify hitting someone that has hit you?
    In all actuality, that was more rhetoric than reality. In all likelihood, I wouldn't hit anybody back that hit me, man or woman... but I'd not be more or less likely to do it based on their gender. I just loathe the concept that because they possess a vagina and ovaries instead of testicles and a penis it makes them magically immune to retaliation - it's a special privilege I don't subscribe to.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast