+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Live-in boyfriend not manning up because I won't get abortion

What pisses me off?

Women have all the choices in the world now: reliable contraception, safe and legal abortion, single mother's pensions, adoption. And all without being expected to permanently sterilise.

And what do men get? A figurative shotgun to the head to make them 'do the right thing' or the expectation to sterilise. Women have so many choices and men have none.

I think equality should work both ways.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Re: Live-in boyfriend not manning up because I won't get abortion

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    What pisses me off?

Women have all the choices in the world now: reliable contraception, safe and legal abortion, single mother's pensions, adoption. And all without being expected to permanently sterilise.

And what do men get? A figurative shotgun to the head to make them 'do the right thing' or the expectation to sterilise. Women have so many choices and men have none.

I think equality should work both ways.
    Umm many men walk away scot free and take no responsibility whatsoever. Most my friends either never met there dad, havnt seen him since they were babies or have a bad relationship with him coz he makes little effort. None of these men pay any child support so why the hell do they have any right to tell her whether or not she should abort her baby. He can just walk away with no consequences either way. You know i change my mind about what i said in a pervious thread. Most men are assholes

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Umm many men walk away scot free and take no responsibility whatsoever. Most my friends either never met there dad, havnt seen him since they were babies or have a bad relationship with him coz he makes little effort. None of these men pay any child support so why the hell do they have any right to tell her whether or not she should abort her baby. He can just walk away with no consequences either way. You know i change my mind about what i said in a pervious thread. Most men are assholes

Are you fucking inbred or something? The only way a man gets away without paying child support is if the woman does nothing to pursue it. Otherwise he either pays or goes into debt, loses all of his rights as a human being, and eventually goes to prison. If she does pursue it there are cases where a woman can even make a man pay child support even if he can prove that the baby isn't his. I also very much doubt you're telling the truth when you say "Most my friends either never met there dad, havnt seen him since they were babies or have a bad relationship with him coz he makes little effort", especially if Irish men are so much better than other kinds of men as you like to claim since the vast majority of other kinds of men never allow all that shit you're talking about to happen. At this point you're just making up whatever deluded bs it takes to support your blatant misandry.

Re: Live-in boyfriend not manning up because I won't get abortion

Quote Originally Posted by dickriculous View Post
    Are you fucking inbred or something? The only way a man gets away without paying child support is if the woman does nothing to pursue it. Otherwise he either pays or loses all of his rights as a human being and eventually goes to prison. If she does pursue it there are cases where a woman can even make a man pay child support even if he can prove that the baby isn't his. I also very much doubt you're telling the truth when you say "Most my friends either never met there dad, havnt seen him since they were babies or have a bad relationship with him coz he makes little effort", especially if Irish men are so much better than other kinds of men as you like to claim since the vast majority of other kinds of men never allow all that shit you're talking about to happen. At this point you're just making up whatever deluded bs it takes to support your blatant misandry.
    Maybe in america these laws work. In ireland-very rarely unless you take him to court and if you wernt married-the law is different again so hell get away with it.

I never said irish men are saints. Theres bad eggs everywhere. Theres prob more good than bad here but they still exist

Maybe in america these laws work.
    And guess where OP resides?

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23
    I never said irish men are saints.
    Not in those exact words but you certainly do love to go on about how "well men here don't do xxxx they have more integrity and morals than that what a bunch of assholes the rest of the world of men are *insert xenophobic comment about American men here*"

Most men are assholes
    Theres prob more good than bad here but they still exist
    Last edited by dickriculous; 01-12-13 at 03:16 PM.

No i say the men i associate with. Family, friends, exes. That doesnt mean theirs no assholes here. Of course there is. I just avoid them

You can easily replace

"well men here don't do xxxx they have more integrity and morals than that what a bunch of assholes the rest of the world of men are *insert xenophobic comment about American men here*"
    with

"well men here that I know don't do xxxx they have more integrity and morals than that what a bunch of assholes the rest of the world of men are *insert xenophobic comment about American men here*"
    and it changes virtually nothing.
    Last edited by dickriculous; 01-12-13 at 03:35 PM.

Sounds to me like most of your friends have skanky mothers. If having a father around for a child was so important to them...and they were unable to figure out contraception, they should have kept their legs crossed till they were married.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Well it doesnt always work that way. We all know plenty of "good" fathers who miraculously forget their kids once the relationship ends. That could be when the kid is 5months, 5 years or 25 years. Lets face it-men can and do walk and leave her holding the baby and they get away with it

Well it doesnt always work that way. We all know plenty of "good" fathers who miraculously forget their kids once the relationship ends.
    I know a few women who've walked away from their children and left dad holding the baby. What's your point?

My point was they he shouldnt try to force her to abort coz he can just walk either way. Shes the one whose gonna be taking responsibility

Once again michelle, here's now things work where OP lives

The only way a man gets away without paying child support is if the woman does nothing to pursue it. Otherwise he either pays or goes into debt, loses all of his rights as a human being, and eventually goes to prison.
    He can't "just walk either way". He is going to be held responsible one way or another for 18 years. Know who else will be held responsible? We the taxpayers should OP decide that she needs government funding to help raise the child.

Besides, even if what you say is true she should've thought about that before she agreed ahead of time to have an abortion should she get pregnant. As it turns out when you give someone your word they have a tendency to hold you to it. But of course, that doesn't matter because what you say is simply not true.

Who's forcing a woman to abort? I'm not seeing any guns held to any woman's head. If she wants the baby, she's free to have it. Women have full reproductive choice these days.

Look, I take responsibility for myself. I have enough brains to know how to use contraception properly. However, if I got pregnant by accident, I'd take full responsibility for that too. I have no time for women who won't take full responsibility for their choices.

......OK lets get back on track here. Bustamove, you want this baby that is your decision, your BF ended your relationship, that is his decision. The man is 40 years old...he doesn't want to spend his time living with a cry baby, changing shitty diapers this late in life. He either has already done it or he just never wanted it. I agree with the others, you are the one that needs to take responsibility for CHANGING your mind and the consequences that go with it. Obviously you never took that first initial conversation with him seriously enough......well now it's come to this.

I said from the start OP needs to accept responsibility and prepare to do this alone. That doesnt mean shes not allowed to feel hurt about it or angry and a little sensitivy wouldnt go astray. She hasnt been back. Shes been scared away by some of you vultures

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast