+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Is this toxic?

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Have decided that you're a troll. No real person could possibly be as delusional as you are.
    Delusional? Just trying to decide what to say to him once he's done "processing" and we speak again. He did seem into me at various points,'I think the sneaking w that other girl was only w her and no other girls, and let's not forget he told me repeatedly he will marry me at some point someday

Delusional?
    Yeah pretty much that there. The implication being that you're either a troll(meaning intentionally provocative liar in this instance) or delusional(from Latin meaning deceiving(self)). Basically you've been accused of lying to us or lying to you...though I don't see that there's anything preventing one from being both.

should it have been obvious to me that he wasn't really into me when he didn't say "i love you" or talk about future in 14 months, and when I brought this up he finally said it back & then immediately snuck out w another girl? Didn't I know when after 2 years the best he could offer was "I will marry you someday, when I'm ready I'll let you know"- couldn't even give me a general timeline like "it'll happen within the next several years"- that he wasn't serious? Maybe I missed all the signs? Does he realize he's commitment phobic- is that what he meant by "I just need some time alone to process everything w all our fighting about marriage etc, and then we can talk"?

Quote Originally Posted by Roses919191 View Post
    should it have been obvious to me that he wasn't really into me when he didn't say "i love you" or talk about future in 14 months, and when I brought this up he finally said it back & then immediately snuck out w another girl? Didn't I know when after 2 years the best he could offer was "I will marry you someday, when I'm ready I'll let you know"- couldn't even give me a general timeline like "it'll happen within the next several years"- that he wasn't serious? Maybe I missed all the signs? Does he realize he's commitment phobic- is that what he meant by "I just need some time alone to process everything w all our fighting about marriage etc, and then we can talk"?
    Lol... You're such an obvious troll repeating your stupid questions over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by dontaskme View Post
    Lol... You're such an obvious troll repeating your stupid questions over and over.
    If only you all knew me IRL and how much I'm hurting over trying to decide what to say or do to stop feeling pain. How much I loved this guy.

If only you all knew me IRL and how much I'm hurting over trying to decide what to say or do to stop feeling pain. How much I loved this guy.
    We've said enough. You've had pages and pages of this thread and your previous thread prior to this. If you can't listen to any of the advice given to you without asking the same stupid question like you are a retard, I suggest you figure this one out on your own.

Re-read your thread. You'll find that all the answers to the questions you repeatedly ask are there.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

he wouldn't have stopped caring about me if I didn't want him to say "I love you" or talk about the future (including a general timeline for getting engaged). He stopped caring bc I made it clear his answer of "I'm not ready, I'll let you know when I'm ready, I have no idea if it'll be within a couple years, longer, I don't know" wasn't good enough for me. I need to talk to him and let him know I'll accept that!! I should be able to settle for not getting married any time remotely soon, as long as I have a dream guy

I need to talk to him and let him know I'll accept that!! I should be able to settle for not getting married any time remotely soon, as long as I have a dream guy
    You call THAT your "dream guy?" To that, I say, "Shame on you."
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I agree he's not the worlds greatest- not caring to ask me real questions about myself or life or sharing anything with me, never saying I love you except when he said it and immediately tried to sneak out to a bar w another girl. But I'm hoping that as he takes time alone to "process everything", he might change. So I don't know what to say to him once we finally talk again!

Tell him you're a doormat and would he please walk on you.

Quote Originally Posted by solarion View Post
    Tell him you're a doormat and would he please walk on you.
    I don't know why the constant anger and insults towards me. Doormat? I was just trying to make things work with my dream guy. And now want to know how to make him realize it can work between us now that we've had a few weeks apart

I don't know why the constant anger and insults towards me.
    The anger and insults would be because you ask a question, ignore the answers and then ask us to answer the same question again and again and again and ignore the answers again and again.

There have been a lot of people putting in a lot of time to help you. You have taken on board approximately zero% of what has been said to you and still you ask more.

Either take on board what has been said repeatedly or go away.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

The reason I keep asking is because No one has answered my actual question of what to say to him when I finally contact him to let him know I'll drop caring about marriage and just love him and be good to him

Say: "I'm finally going to drop caring about marriage and just love you for the twat that you are!"
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast