+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: [News] Obama signs historic healthcare reform into law

Do you need a Kleenex, Played?

(And I stand by my original sentiments. Americans were more free, overall, in the 18th and 19th century than in modern times.)

Toodle loo..

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    (And I stand by my original sentiments. Americans were more free, overall, in the 18th and 19th century than in modern times.)
    Doc, you could really learn from Abraham Lincoln here:

“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool. than to speak out and remove all doubt.”
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya View Post
    Yeah, and Nazi Germany was a free and wonderful place if you weren't a Jew or Gypsy.
    heheheh...

Nazi Germany was an Authoritarian State.

Have you lost the plot so completely?

Nevermind.. carry on

The United States was a fascist state for Blacks, Jews, and Native-Americans. Have you lost the plot so completely?
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Still fighting? You two need some boxing gloves.

Doc, please clean up your PM box.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You can't really "fight" with an inferior...but instead, giving them the tools to victimize themselves works a treat.

The only thing here victimized is your ego, considering how terrified you are of ever admitting even the slightest error in your argumentation. Especially when its something so flagrant as claiming a nation was freer when one out of every six of its inhabitants was bound in chains.

As usual though, its fun to watch you in denial. Just like when you made an idiot out of yourself on the Global Warming debate. It seems your idiocy extends to more areas than previously revealed.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

Dude, I think you're a sweet kid. (But I don't swing that way... if you get my drift).

And as usual it boils down from elaborate argumentative back-and-forth's to irrelevant one-liners.

Nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    And as usual it boils down from elaborate argumentative back-and-forth's to irrelevant one-liners.

Nothing new.
    We can only rehash the same points so many times before it becomes redundant, Lipp.

Some think that they can bludgeon a fellow debater with mass quantity, but it really comes down to making your point and finishing up.

Attention spans become extremely short with the Quote Fests.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post

Nothing new.
    I'll always continue with the elaborate arguments, but one-liners are all I have to respond to. Its the problem of debating with people with ADD.
    Last edited by MVPlaya; 28-03-10 at 01:06 PM.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

Pot, Kettle, Long Black...

That really doesn't work, Doc. Consider that on both this thread and upgrade, we tried to have a discussion, and in both cases, I was the last person to make a genuine attempt at arguing. I posted a very long answer, addressing all your claims, and in both cases, you never responded.

Anyone can see it, I'll even put up links to verify my claim:

This thread:

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/off-topic-discussion/40243-news-obama-signs-historic-healthcare-reform-into-law-3.html#post569656[/url]

That was the last elaborate post. It was mine. The answer was a series of jokes, no attempts were made to ever answer anything i said.

And here on Upgrade:

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/off-topic-discussion/39420-upgrade-2.html#post560071[/url]

Again, last elaborate post on the thread is mine. I wrote two full length posts addressing every single claim you made, you then posted six lines saying you didn't want to respond, and then posted lolfaces and pictures of kittens.

Unlike you, I always have a response ready in elaborate discussions, because I think my arguments out thoroughly. You don't. You usually have a very superficial view of each issue, and when you're forced to dig deeper, you just ADD out of the conversation and post lolfaces, or jokes about people's sexuality. Its your usual pattern. The fact is, you like to pretend you can go toe to toe with people, but you always devolve into playground antics when you're overmatched.
    Last edited by MVPlaya; 28-03-10 at 01:29 PM.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya View Post
    That really doesn't work, Doc. Consider on both this thread and upgrade, the last person to post a long elaborate post was me. And the first person to devolve into one-liners was you. I can show you:

Here:

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/off-topic-discussion/40243-news-obama-signs-historic-healthcare-reform-into-law-3.html#post569656[/url]

Last elaborate post on this thread, mine.

And here on Upgrade:

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/off-topic-discussion/39420-upgrade-2.html#post560071[/url]

Again, last elaborate post on the thread is mine.

You usually try to engage the elaborate post, quickly find you have neither the patience nor resources for it, and then devolve into one-liners. Its our usual patterns. You say something, I disagree, you respond, start the quote fest. I ramp it up. Then my long post is left standing and you post lolfaces.
    That's a rather long-winded rationalization to disguise what actually happens in these sorts of cases.

Points and counterpoints are made, you become agitated and in the quest to win the debate at any cost do engage in dodgy debate behaviour while flooding the thread with more and more rehashed quote bombs. I become bored with the redundancy and leave you to your own devices (the unraveling)

Every time you have made an argument, I have responded.

The majority of times when I say something, you find excuses to dodge. The pattern is there for eveyrone to see. On this thread and that one. Its not point - counterpoint, a real discussion goes further, it goes to the response to the counterpoint, the defense thereof and answering the new criticisms, and goes on. You're not able to engage at that deeper level. Your attention span is point-counterpoint and no more.

Consider on Upgrade, you made lots of new arguments, I addressed them, you then never defended your claims. For example, in your last attempt at discussing, you said the world is a one world government controlled by oil companies, and that the one world government is forcing the hoax of environmentalism, I asked how you could possibly have both those views at the same time, you never replied. You pretend you grew tired, but you couldn't even answer me when all I wanted was you to answer one sentence.

The fact is, you can never defend your arguments with any depth to them. You have the patience for one response and then you ADD out when you're overmatched. And then you make queer jokes to deflect attention.

Stop Dodging, Doc:

You can make excuses for why you never respond, and you can keep spinning your web of excuses. Or you can actually man up and grow a pair and engage the issues. If you post now on Upgrade, I will still answer you. But you have spent more time making excuses for why you never respond, than actually responding. And thats someone everyone can see. Until you answer me, the facts are always on my side.
    Last edited by MVPlaya; 28-03-10 at 01:38 PM.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast