+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: all men cheat according to my b/f!

Tone, you are more than welcome to prove me wrong. It's easy to criticize others without doing any research of your own. I get most of my facts from credible sources. I could have provided a link to a study printed by BBC that showed men have an overall higher IQ than women, but I didn't consider it valid (reference to IQ thread). Don't assume that I post information from questionable or biased sites.

Tone Guest
    Where did I say that? Who's assuming now HMMMM?

You're assuming I'm assuming you're posting info from questionable or biased sites.

When in reality I was having some fun and joking with a friend of mine, Asip.

Find somethin else to do, seriously.

you've questioned the credibility of my sources in the past. I had every reason to say what I did. Run along now.

Tone Guest
    Make me!!!

Shh! says:

"Bullsh*t. I think you only say this to bait me. I concede that men and women often contribute unequal amounts to the total family income, but they also normally bear an unequal share of childcare and household responsibilities. In the end, that is okay, as long as they stay married. But post-divorce, women take on almost all of the child-rearing responsibilities as well as a disproportionate share of the economic responsibility, and their household income goes down."

Who's at fault here? No one told the mothers to stay at home or work part-time. I know you will probably disagree with me. I'm in college right now and I see most of the people who take easy majors like nursing, education, and fashion design are girls. What a coincidence that women earn less than men! Maybe if more men started half-a**ing their way through college, we can shift the balance of post-divorce standard of living.

Besides, I thought it was you who said most divorces end in joint-custody these days. How come women suddenly take on almost all of the child-rearing responsibilities? Here's a novel idea: if the mother cannot afford to financially take care of the child, then custody should be awarded to the father. Today, fathers and mothers share almost equal parenting responsibilities. Why then should fathers be discriminated against in custody settlements?

Finally, who do you think initiates most divorces? It's not men. If divorce is so bad for women, then how come two-thirds of divorces are intiated by women? I also found this piece of data regarding post-divorce economic well-being interesting. Most studies don't factor in the tax code, which heavily favors the single custodial parent. They also omit such things as the father's spending on children during visitation. I won't bother posting the statistics of what both sexes thought about post-divorce settlements b/c that would tilt the argument largely in my favor.

So the father LOSES half his material possessions, the kids, and has to pay child support while the mother GAINS half the husband's money, the kids, and receives child support. I wonder who has it worse? I hope you enjoyed my rather crude response. I am late to wrestling practice so I must go now.

[URL=http://health.discovery.com/centers/loverelationships/articles/divorce.html]10 Myths of Divorce[/URL]

[URL=http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:-eMP406IznYJ:www.alfra.org/new/myths.asp+women+initiate+most+divorces&hl=en]Myths About Divorced Fathers[/URL]
    Last edited by NeoSeminole; 21-09-05 at 08:25 AM.

"A reanalysis of the data determined that the woman's loss was 27 percent while the man's gain was 10 percent. Irrespective of the magnitude of the differences, the gender gap is real and seems not to have narrowed much in recent decades."

"Also, the higher rate of women initiators is probably due to the fact that men are more likely to be "badly behaved." Husbands, for example, are more likely than wives to have problems with drinking, drug abuse, and infidelity."

the other site is just biased statistics.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole
    I'm in college right now and I see most of the people who take easy majors like nursing, education, and fashion design are girls. What a coincidence that women earn less than men! Maybe if more men started half-a**ing their way through college, we can shift the balance of post-divorce standard of living.
    Interesting. I'm in university and the majority of the people in my BBA program classes are women.

I'm also willing to bet that these 'easy' majors are being mostly taken by girls because men who took nursing or fashion design or other traditionally 'female' occupations might be labelled as something a little less than manly.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

To be honest with you this guy isn't worth keeping. He is simply narrow minded and thinks he can pull this bull crap over on you! ( Even my man says he is full of sh**).
    It seems like he is starting to get an excuse ready so if he happens to cheat on you that IT'S OK!!!! Guess what.... he needs to wake up and realize that not every guy cheats and if he does it is not the women's fault. She didn't make him do it.... he had the choice and was weak at making a decision. So... find yourself another man that respects you and cares for you!!!
    Good luck!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer
    Interesting. I'm in university and the majority of the people in my BBA program classes are women.

I'm also willing to bet that these 'easy' majors are being mostly taken by girls because men who took nursing or fashion design or other traditionally 'female' occupations might be labelled as something a little less than manly.
    Exactly same at my Uni. Girls notice that they don't want some jackass taking care of them so they take matters into their own hands. That's the way to go.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    Exactly same at my Uni. Girls notice that they don't want some jackass taking care of them so they take matters into their own hands. That's the way to go.
    Well, that's just it. I don't want to spend my life dependant on some man's income....I have enough brains to get my own degree and support myself.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Well, that's just it. I don't want to spend my life dependant on some man's income....I have enough brains to get my own degree and support myself.
    The way it should be, bluesummer. I have a lot of respect for girls like that. You realize that you can never count on any guy to provide everything. One day he can be there with you, the next day he can be who knows where.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well exactly.....I took a cue from my mom, a very smart woman. My Dad was a drinker and a gambler and a womanizer, and she supported his ass for years. She basically kept our family together financially. She put herself through college. When we finished school she divorced him and bought her own house. And she told me: "Make sure that no matter what happens, you can fully support yourself and achieve all your own goals without depending on someone else to get you there. You never know what life will bring you." I truly take those words to heart.

Quote Originally Posted by carpflounder
    Your man is fighting for our country..he is risking his life for us. You should let some minor indescretion like this go. Tell him how much you love him..and dont judge him for this one fault.

How would you like it if he laid into you for your shortcomings?

HAHHAAAAH sage advice from a pro....
    Last edited by updraft; 21-09-05 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by equivo
    Cheating is never acceptable, full-stop. Anyone who thinks otherwise has a screw loose. Guys that can't control their primal urges don't deserve to have girlfriends committed to them.

Take note Carpy!

"Make sure that no matter what happens, you can fully support yourself and achieve all your own goals without depending on someone else to get you there. You never know what life will bring you." I truly take those words to heart.
    I love that...My mom is also a very smart woman. One of the reasons i hate this thread is because there's so much bs. So many arguments about women having lower incomes, all men being cheaters, blah, blah...Where i work, i get a lot of doctors, lawyers and so on and 90% are women. So it really depends on where you live. Most of those studies people talk about are very biased plus limited to a certain geographical area.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast