+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: forbidden love

Buotro at birth
    Suck my Bawls...

LOL Kieran!! Where do you find these pictures? LOL

I use Google way too much.
    Suck my Bawls...

..yes..that picture is classic..hahaha..

good thing its a forum and we are all open to our own perceptions and opinions...lol..

..again..thanks for the input guys...good...bad...with me...or against me...

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran
    Buotro at birth
    LOL

Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

..awwee guys..dont hate on the yugo-boy..lol..

but i still do think that picture is classic....

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya
    That's right, keep your race pure and only USE people of other races... As we all know, your race is the only one that doesn not have any problems and is absolutely dream like perfect without a single trace of a fault. You know there was a man in the last century who shared a very similar vision as you...
    Who said anything about keeping my race pure? You are putting words in my mouth. From your comments I can see you're a sensitive little PC liberal. I didn't want to be in an interracial relationship so now I'm Hitler??

Quote Originally Posted by Buotro
    Who said anything about keeping my race pure?
    Come, let me show you.

Jesus Christ!!! A yugoslavian girl betraying her own people.
    BETRAYING her own people (her race) is pretty harsh. Betrayal of a race because she's committed to someone outside her race... sounds a bit like 'race purity' to me. Then you say..

Hey, it's alright to date who you want but when it comes to marriage I'd say you should stick to your standards. We are a proud people with a lot of culture. There should be absolutely no reason to date somebody else. Serbian NT!!! Napred Plavi!!!
    Why should there be absolutely no reason to date somebody else? There is only one reason, and it's racism. You apparently don't want to see a Yugoslavian with someone from another race.

I'll say it in bold so you understand. All of this directly implies that you want to keep the Yugoslavian race pure.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

Or, just to throw it out there, maybe your parents see that you really like this boy and are doing this to see if you are mature enough to respect their wishes. If you have the guts and respect to say "I'll wait" in a situation where you love this guy more than anything, then they may feel that they can honestly trust you in this situation. Maybe that's all they want to see, that's what my parents have done in the past.
    Personally, I think that's a pretty awful thing of parents to do. I know that trust has to be built through time and experience, and maybe putting tests out there like that is a way to build trust, but it will also destroy the kid's trust in the parents. I wouldn't trust my parents if I didn't know if they were doing what they thought was best, or if they were just putting their foot down to see what I'd do. My parents are pretty open to letting me do stuff, so when they DO put their figurative feet down, I have to stop and question whether it's a good idea. (not question their intentions)

Now that I'm 24, I say listen to your parents. As a teenager, I would never advice such thing, but as you get older, you'll realize "darn-it I should've listened to my parents. At the age of 19, and yor very first everything... Do you honestly think it's love?

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal
    All of this directly implies that you want to keep the Yugoslavian race pure.[/b]
    I guess the Greeks, Jews, East Indians, etc are racist because they only marry each other most of the time.

BTW, the Yugoslavian race isn't only one race. I can tell from that comment you are ignorant. If you're American it will be excused, though. A recent poll shows more Americans know more about the Simpsons and American Idol than their own amendment rights.
    Last edited by Buotro; 04-03-06 at 06:51 AM.

I guess the Greeks, Jews, East Indians, etc are racist because they only marry each other most of the time.
    Your statement is flawed. Just because they marry others of the same race most of the time does not mean they are racist. They may happen to fall in love with people of their own race. Since you used the word "most", according to you, there are still those who date outside their race.

BTW, the Yugoslavian race isn't only one race. I can tell from that comment you are ignorant.
    Whether it is one race or not, you are still trying to confine marriage within the Yugoslavian group. You still want to keep the Yugoslavians pure.

If you're American it will be excused, though. A recent poll shows more Americans know more about the Simpsons and American Idol than their own amendment rights.
    Since you are unable to justify yourself with reason, you turn to sarcasm and a stereotypical generalization about Americans.

BTW, the Yugoslavian race isn't only one race. I can tell from that comment you are ignorant. If you're American it will be excused, though. A recent poll shows more Americans know more about the Simpsons and American Idol than their own amendment rights.
    i gotta say, although I don't watch American Idol OR the Simpsons, that doesn't surprise me. At all. (I'm American.)

I never said they are racist. I don't think any race as a whole, or even generally, is racist. If they tend to marry their own race, that's just what they do. What I'm saying is what YOU'RE saying is racist. I'm saying that YOU'RE a racist. The comment that Yugoslavians should marry their 'own people' (don't say my statement is flawed, I'm using your own words. Otherwise, your statement is just as flawed as mine) is STILL saying that you don't want someone with Yugoslavian descent (my apologies about saying 'yugoslavian race'. I mean, people with Yugoslavian descent/nationality) to be 'tainted' by someone who isn't of the same descent. That goes for anyone who says marriage should only be within a nationality or race. It happens all the time with the different races in America, too. If a caucasian and African-American want to get married, all this trouble arises. So saying anything in that sort IS racist. The freedom to choose whom one marries, dates, has a relationship.. WHATEVER... should be their's alone. No one should tell that person who they can and cannot associate with.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

I agree that one should respect their parents. I feel that you should respectfully disagree with them. They may have given you life, but they have no right to deny you happiness. Just make sure that they understand that you still love them.
    It must be rough being caught in the middle. =/
    You should def try to find out if the reason your parents are barring you is becaue of race... maybe there's something else and they're just using race as an excuse? Either way, people are people, and they need to understand that.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast