+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Women getting married to younger guy

'There's no surer path to divorce than marrying for love and emotion.'
    nice words Gribble. One runs for divorce then cries for love and emotions after getting it. That is strange but always happens.

Quote Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
    I did not get any of my rights since I asked for divorce and on the contrary I gave my ex most of our stuff just to let things go quicker. So what benefit did I get from that massive prenups? Nothing really. so I will not think much about it again.
    Depending on which state you were in.., you could have challenged the entire prenup.., making it void if it was "unfair".., in NY state.., it must be fair both at the time of marriage and at the time of divorce.., but NY is the only state that has that rule..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

From the time I even started thinking about marriage up until about 7 years ago, I hated the thought of pre-nups because I thought it was so negative prior to getting married. But as I got older and valued my partners and viewed things differently, I changed my views on pre-nups. I strongly believe if you're getting married later in life and you don't have years of investment in that relationship, WHY should I get half of everything my husband worked most of his life for if we were to get divorced within a couple of years? It's not morally right to take that from him. If he has inherited a shitload of money, again, it's not mine. Because I married later in life, what I brought in I bring out(nothing) and same for him.

This goes both ways not just protecting a man, but it can protect a woman. If someone loves you for you and not your money you shouldn't have a problem signing something that states it's not your money. Pre-nups can be very specific. It's not meant to reflect negativity on the relationship prior or doom the marriage. If it were me with the money I'm not sure I'd have my SO sign one. I'll never have to worry about it, but I feel like what's mine is yours kinda thing. But if I had the money would I feel differently?
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Regardless of whether you think so or not, prenups are dooming the marriage to failure. You're basically saying that you don't think the marriage will last forever so you want to cover your ass just in case. It's sad that divorce is so common nowadays.

I'm hoping that when I finally get married, she and I won't be divorcing. And no, there won't be a prenup.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    DM.., girl$ look for more than in older men.., that'$ why the men are more "attractive".., they have all the right qualitie$$$

True, legal affairs related to divorce & prenups differ from a place to another.

Cain, I would've agreed with you years ago. Pre-nups state you don't trust me. And that youre money is more important than me. But coming from someone who felt very strongly against them, I view it differently now. I had someone else ask me that too. How would I feel? Well, it's your money not mine. Just like I don't believe in alimony in some cases. Maybe because I'm older who knows, but it's not always a bad thing to want to protect yourself.

If my gf and I got married and then divorced, she could keep what she brought in. I don't care. I don't need a prenup to make me do the right thing.

It doesn't matter what anyone says about prenups. Yes, it is a great way to protect yourself. I completely understand and agree with that. If I made millions of dollars a year I might understand more and want them more, but prenups ARE dooming a marriage to failure. There's no way around that. It's preparation for a divorce.

I agree with that, it's a preparation but not necessarily doomed. Lets try precaution? Honestly, my husband and I talk about it. We certainly don't expect nor do we ever want to get divorced one time in and that's it. But God forbid ya know. Our deal breaker is cheating. We know we don't want to be with anyone else. Maybe that's why in the very end he didn't have me sign one, who knows. But I know he's going to be inheriting a lot of money and I would sign something now, it's not mine. My idea about it, simple. I love you for you and who you are, not what the number says in your checking account. I'm too independant. And the last thing I EVER want to be known for is a gold digger.

'If my gf and I got married and then divorced, she could keep what she brought in. I don't care.'
    That is what you say now , while no troubles are there... that is what we all said at the very beginning but when divorce is on the way, each one will say 'everything we have is only mine'...

Quote Originally Posted by squirrley View Post
    I agree with that, it's a preparation but not necessarily doomed. Lets try precaution? Honestly, my husband and I talk about it. We certainly don't expect nor do we ever want to get divorced one time in and that's it. But God forbid ya know. Our deal breaker is cheating. We know we don't want to be with anyone else. Maybe that's why in the very end he didn't have me sign one, who knows. But I know he's going to be inheriting a lot of money and I would sign something now, it's not mine. My idea about it, simple. I love you for you and who you are, not what the number says in your checking account. I'm too independant. And the last thing I EVER want to be known for is a gold digger.
    That's how I feel. If my gf inherited money while we were married, she could keep it. I don't want it. We would leave the relationship with what we had. We would split the things we got while we were together, and we'd go our separate ways. I wouldn't be paying her alimony and she wouldn't want it.

Though, like you, the only thing that could end us is cheating, but she's one of the only girls I've ever completely trusted. Cheating isn't in her.

'If my gf and I got married and then divorced, she could keep what she brought in. I don't care.'
    That is what you say now , while no troubles are there... that is what we all said at the very beginning but when divorce is on the way, each one will say 'everything we have is only mine'...
    She can keep what's hers. I don't want or need it. I'll have my own money.

life is complicated..no one can count his assets and know exactly his pounds in a real estate for example ...

life is complicated..no one can count his assets and know exactly his pounds in a real estate for example ...
    Seriously... what IS your nationality?

Here in the US, oh you better believe a person knows their self worth! (in every sense.)(cents)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast