+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Apologists for Evil

Don't you know that in a lot of ways you are sounding like you are God or something really powerful?
    How do i argue such a thing like "the burqa is disgusting"?..These are your own PERSONAL FEELINGS on it. How do i argue when someone says that muslims come here and are still afraid because "they don't come alone"? Again your own personal feelings!
    The sad part is...you go against religion and God, their belief system and that's fine but then you create rules that people should follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Feel free to pick apart and discredit my arguments. If you can, that is.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u View Post
    lol..nice way of putting me down Indi...'some of the idiot posters here' haha..i know that includes me..all good, i don't take offence to that.
    Actually, I wasn't referring to you at all, Asip. Seriously. I find you one of the more thoughtful posters here.

But I did leave it deliberately ambiguous, specifically for that 'hmmm' effect. I'm just evil that way.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

ah yes indi the critical thinker..lol
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Yes, indeed you are. Intelligence is a big turn on, so as long as you keep making good points be evil all you want hehe

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    But I did leave it deliberately ambiguous, specifically for that 'hmmm' effect. I'm just evil that way.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

^^^massage her ego, she likes that
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

hey everyone likes it haha..The thing is, Indi makes more valid points then not..sometimes there is no right or wrong..sometimes it's even meaningless to argue about something that cannot be proven by either side...One thing i'll always do is give credit where it's due..I don't like taking extreme sides and believing in something just for the sake of it. If you can prove it, i'l be on your side and i'm not ashamed of that..We're humans and we make mistakes..No one is perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Prove to me the burqa is not an emblem of oppression. Prove to me that it has some value beyond subjugating women and apologizing for violent, pathetic males who refuse to take responsibility for their actions. Until then the burqa is filth in my eyes, as are the men and women who enforce and accept it.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Don't you know that in a lot of ways you are sounding like you are God or something really powerful?
    How do i argue such a thing like "the burqa is disgusting"?..These are your own PERSONAL FEELINGS on it. How do i argue when someone says that muslims come here and are still afraid because "they don't come alone"? Again your own personal feelings!
    The sad part is...you go against religion and God, their belief system and that's fine but then you create rules that people should follow.
    ^^^ This wasn't meant to be any kind of refutation of my arguments, is it? To me, it just sounds like you're telling me that you disagree, and that's clear enough. Now, sell your side.

Here's the deal with debate: it's ALL based on personal opinion. You can't argue with a fact. 2+2=4, and that's not up for debate. Debate is defending your own personal opinion so convincingly that you change the minds of others.

How am I going against God? Do you actually believe that God told Muslims that women are beneath men and should be covered from head to toe at all times? Do you believe that God told those kooks in Wyoming that their daughter was dying of diabetes because she was sinful?
    Spammer Spanker

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    2+2=4, and that's not up for debate.
    Yes it is. Just ask boobaa. Or Ygg

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    'some of the idiot posters here' haha..i know that includes me
    She is mainly talking about me

ok here is something for you...

1) In Arab countries men hit women a lot and they treat them poorly. we can both agree on that and that's mostly due to lack of freedom
    2) In Western world women still wear burqa, hijab and so on...yet they are free to do whatever they want? Agree? Come on nobody can stop anyone from doing anything in North America.
    3) I don't know about you but i have been friends with and have been around these women wearing hijab and none of them feel they have to wear it...they simply choose to because it is part of their religion and their beliefs.
    4) Your last point on people who wear it and support it being filth, it brings down a HUGE group of innocent girls/women...yet you state you care for women!

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Prove to me the burqa is not an emblem of oppression. Prove to me that it has some value beyond subjugating women and apologizing for violent, pathetic males who refuse to take responsibility for their actions. Until then the burqa is filth in my eyes, as are the men and women who enforce and accept it.

1) In Arab countries men hit women a lot and they treat them poorly. we can both agree on that and that's mostly due to lack of freedom
    What, are the men not free to treat women better? Why not? Is is because the laws won't let them? There is no separation of church and state over there, so am I correct in concluding that it's because of God that women are beaten in the Middle East?

2) In Western world women still wear burqa, hijab and so on...yet they are free to do whatever they want? Agree? Come on nobody can stop anyone from doing anything in North America.
    Legally, they are free. They're still in families that enforce sharia, so it doesn't matter where they go, they're still oppressed. Some American Muslims are very wonderful, delightful people who believe in equality and take sharia as more of an archaic history, kind of like the way Unitarians look at the Old Testament. These women actually choose to wear whatever they want. Some wear modified versions of the burqa. Some choose to dress western-style. They go to college. They have jobs. They marry whoever they choose.

Others are fundamentalists and teach their daughters that they are subhuman. Yes, right here in the US. Land of the Free.

3) I don't know about you but i have been friends with and have been around these women wearing hijab and none of them feel they have to wear it...they simply choose to because it is part of their religion and their beliefs.
    See above.

4) Your last point on people who wear it and support it being filth, it brings down a HUGE group of innocent girls/women...yet you state you care for women!
    If someone chooses to cover themselves from head to toe every day, that's their choice, but I don't agree with it.
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 30-07-09 at 06:07 AM.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, indeed you are. Intelligence is a big turn on, so as long as you keep making good points be evil all you want hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    Its not ego massage, its the truth. Know what your problem is Eco? Apart from being horribly outclassed in this thread? (Giga basically called you an idiot as well) You don't know how to give credit when its due. I always acknowledge when someone makes a good point. You don't b/c you can't get past your issues that there are people who ARE better than you in this world in some things. If you want to learn more and be able to make better contributions than your baseless opinion, get an education and do something productive with your life.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What, are the men not free to treat women better? Why not? Is is because the laws won't let them? There is no separation of church and state over there, so am I correct in concluding that it's because of God that women are beaten in the Middle East?
    Oh...OUCH! Great point.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    She is mainly talking about me
    Yes, you are the first poster comes to mind when I think 'stupid', DM. Definitely.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast