+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Upgrade.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Thought I would post this for interest:

10. Which country has the highest greenhouse gas emissions from its energy extraction processes?

a. Nigeria

b. Venezuela

c. Canada

Oilsands extraction is dirty & drives the Greenpeacers insane. Its also responsible for keeping a LOT of people in jobs and the economy in the black. Anyway, here's the link for MVP and Doc.

[url=http://www.vancouversun.com/business/duck+this+oilsands+value+quiz/2629939/story.html]Don't duck this oilsands value quiz[/url]

I'm curious to read a comparison report between CANDU and Thorium power, I never heard of CANDU before that post.

Stirling engines, btw, would be awesome for vehicles, but the difficulty, delicacy, and size have kept Stirlings almost in the realm of fiction for vehicle progression. Even though recycling excess heat would be perfect for electric engines that dissipate excess heat and high air pressure vents for cooling (at least the sportier hybrids). I hope someone figures out how to crack that nut.

The oil sands is just unfortunate. :-( Thats why we need to transition to hybrids, if we switch to lower fuel consumption, we might be able to stave off the transition into worse carbon fuel sources, which will only accelerate the rate of environmental degradation and reduced quality of life (health-wise) for humans.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya View Post
    I'm curious to read a comparison report between CANDU and Thorium power, I never heard of CANDU before that post.
    Well, you know economics, I know science. I wouldn't expect you to have unless you know about, or hang around physicists and reactors. You misunderstand tho, the reactors are able to use UNrefined uranium (a big deal if you are dealing with a country like Iran) and they are looking to see if they will also use thorium. We have a few in China they are testing, but I haven't heard about a report yet.

Stirling engines, btw, would be awesome for vehicles, but the difficulty, delicacy, and size have kept Stirlings almost in the realm of fiction for vehicle progression. Even though recycling excess heat would be perfect for electric engines that dissipate excess heat and high air pressure vents for cooling (at least the sportier hybrids). I hope someone figures out how to crack that nut.
    Ah, but that's only b/c you weren't privy to the presentation I saw recently. It was for a select audience and there is a modification of this technology that, if it works, will be quite amazing. You can't google this stuff. PM me if you want to know a bit more.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567