+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex or marriage with a cousin. Opinions wanted.

No, I wouldn't. That's because it's taboo and besides that I just don't feel like -- like you said. Though even though most don't want to do it doesn't mean there's any reason not to. There's a whole bunch of biological stuff to talk about too but that may be getting to deeply into it.

Incest is taboo. ***SOCIALY*** wrong. Not naturally or [Entirely] against the laws of nature. Think of what social is.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest[/url]

~Blix
    Last edited by Blix; 18-06-06 at 06:54 AM.

Oooh I have a question for you Taiy. You say that incest gives you a deep feeling that it's wrong inside you right? Doesn't the thought of having sex with another women do that to you too [Unless you are bisexual/lesbian in which case it doesn't apply]. I know the thought does for me to think of being with guys, the same as incest. Though obviously it doesn't to homosexuals.

~Blix

So, what you're saying is that you are affected by the taboo, which is why you wouldn't have sex with a sibling?

Now that I think about it, I don't think I can argue with it being taboo by that the definition I quoted before ("social or religious custom..") that would already make it a taboo because the church is against it.
    But I maintain that it is also a natural, evolutionary thing. Animals do not have culture or religion, and yet they still adhere to the taboo somehow. And before you point out the birds that mate with first cousins; those birds are also adhering to the taboo.. the genetics on which the "taboo" is based is just different for them.

quote from that wikipedia page:

...studies have backed up the hypothesis that some psychological mechanisms are in play that "turn off" children who grow up together. .... .Wolf and Huang (1980) report similar aversions in Taiwanese "child" marriages, where the future wife was brought into the family and raised together with her fiancee. Such marriages were notoriously difficult to consummate, and for unknown reasons actually led to decreased fertility in the women. ... .While the exact nature of kin-recognition psychology is still waiting to be defined, and to what degree it can be overcome by cultural forces is as yet poorly understood, an overwhelming body of research now shows that evolutionary biology and evolved human psychology plays a central role in human aversion to incest."

wow, decreased fertility? that's an actual physical change. That sounds to me like a 'deeply ingrained' natural aversion.

for some reason my brother has decided to stand around on my room looking at books.. grr..

anyways

for your question:
    I think I have strong bi tendencies. Like, I prefer guys, but i'm not naturally repulsed by sex with a woman.

Well I guess I can't speak for women. Though most guys will tell you, and I feel a sick feeling to think of homosexuality. Though I'm not saying ti doesn't work for others.

You want to relate it to the animal world... Most animals don't partake in homosexuality either...

~Blix

hm, I found the wikipedia definitions of incest and inbreeding interesting. Like, how incest laws outlaw couplings that aren't actually too close genetically. In such a case, I certainly see nothing wrong with it.

you say animal world as if humans weren't animals. dont' you believe in evolution?

I think that we can safely say that we're comparing man to beast, in the animal catergory.

If you were comparing man vs man then you make no sense, so please don't try to BS me with "Man is a type of animal".

~Blix

Why should I believe in Evolution? I think it was a combination of creationism and evolutional tendancies. I really don't think everything evolved from one being or whatever it is Darwin wants us to believe.

~Blix

I'm not sure I understood that. yes.. humans are just another species. We are a lot more complex, but have only evolved in the last nanosection, speaking on an evolutionary timescale.

also, here's a list of animals for which there is documented evidence of homosexual or transgender behavior.. and I suspect there's a ton more species, we just haven't proved it yet.
    [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_practicing_homosexual_behavior[/url]

I'm going to give up on this argument. You win.

/handshake
    ~Blix

thats very nice of you, though I don't think there should be a winner or a looser in this kind of thing- I'd rather know that I've made you think. You really made me think about some things. heck, I totally shot myself in the foot with the definition

edit
    yikes don't get me started on creationism
    Last edited by Tiay; 18-06-06 at 08:04 AM.

You have. Though I can see your point of view.

~Blix

cool man I love debating ^.^.. I'm gonna sleep now
    Reminds me of an article about couples arguing, and how if done properly it brings people closer together.. I've always found that to be true.

Yay! I love you, too. Night.

~Blix

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay
    I am Zarathu's slave.
    I'm going to touch you.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast