+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Shaven or non-shaven?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreek View Post
    AJ - I don't get the whole "shaving your legs for cycling." What's the benefit? Not that I'm going to do it, or even considering it. Just curious.

Also, I can shave my face in under 5 minutes. It's all about the products you buy. Don't use stuff from the grocery store, like Barbasol or Edge for example. I use Lab Series for Men Shaving Cream. Most of the time I have no razor burn. If I do get some, I just put on a dab of Lab Series for Men Razor Burn Relief Ultra. As for a blade, I use Gillette Fusion. It cuts close with the five blades. And then follow-up with a nice aftershave. I used to use Polo Sport but recently switch to Calvin Klein "Euphoria." Stuff smells great BTW.

Back on topic: Shaved.
    Calvin Klein "Euphoria", great fragrance! I got free aftershave lotion by buying the perfume. The scent of the perfume stays on you for long and is very pleasant.

I use a triple Gillette blade, I don't cut myself as often anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    Calvin Klein "Euphoria", great fragrance! I got free aftershave lotion by buying the perfume. The scent of the perfume stays on you for long and is very pleasant.

I use a triple Gillette blade, I don't cut myself as often anymore.
    Yeah, I thought I'd be more at risk for a cut with more blades, but it's the exact opposite. The only time I get cut is if I catch a pimple.

And yes, Euphoria smells awesome!

AJ - I don't get the whole "shaving your legs for cycling." What's the benefit? Not that I'm going to do it, or even considering it. Just curious.
    Honestly not much. Aerodynamics is completely irrelivant. If shaving your legs made you more aerodynamic on a bicycle then moving your fingers a certain way would as well. Technically they do, but it has basically no affect.

There's a few reasons:
    1. Makes cleaning of road rash easier. Also having hair means you're going to keep oils and dirt closer which can be a not so good thing when you've got an open wound.

2. Post workout massages. I as well as many others like to massage the legs after a hard ride, helps with recovery. Massaging on wildebeest legs doesn't really feel good.

3. Lastly, my favorite. Vanity. It just looks good especially while pedaling and you can see all the muscle striations. I'd also include the fact that a lot of the faster more serious guys almost expect you to shave. Don't you dare show up to a race or fast group ride with hair, they won't even look at you. Which we call the cocky primadona road-nazi's.

For me only 2 & 3 are the reasons I shave. Really haven't had bad road rash, and don't plan on it.

Are you seriously into cycling now? If so you'll eventually be tempted with the idea of shaving them. I initially told myself there was no way in hell I would shave them...
    Last edited by 1averagejoe; 19-11-08 at 01:24 PM.

I'm not super serious about it. I get out there about once or twice a week now. I'm just slowly losing the desire to wake up at 7am on Saturday morning; especially after going out on Friday night.

Hmm...I think it's more of the vanity with me. I just like it. Coed soccer game one of the guys asked me if I shaved my legs after the game and taking off my socks and shinguards couple of the girls overheard. The girls on the team noticed and complimented and said they don't mind if a guy shaves his legs. I think it was the veins popping out of the legs. I'm in a narcissistic mood...I should post a picture.

I love cycling, lost 10lbs and legs have gotten a hell of a lot stronger.

As for the not wanting to wake up on Satuday mornings. I can't blame you, especially after a long week of studying. But it's what keeps me sane, it's become more of a habit and part of my regular routine now. I feel like something's missing if I don't go riding on my weekends.
    Last edited by 1averagejoe; 20-11-08 at 04:10 AM.

Yeah, exactly a long week of studying and I'm ready to pop open the weekend. haha. And then Saturday morning comes along and I'm just like, **** it. haha

But I didn't quit working out. My neighbor opened a karate school and I started doing like Kickboxing cardio class. The daughter trains me and I leave there just dripping in sweat.

How long did it take you to drop 10lbs? I need to lose about 10-15lbs and put on some more muscle. I mean, I have decently defined arms, but I need some more definition there and in my chest, stomach, and shoulders.

About 5 months of hard consistent riding, I've kind of plateau'd, I don't think I'm going to lose anymore...only have missed one week of riding because of midterms and this week got cut short because of the fires in California and all the ash that was falling.

I wasn't heavy at all, I was 145lb last year, brought it down to 135lbs.

Since neo posts his sexyness all over the forums. I think I'll give him a run for his money. I've kind of got nubs growing, I only shave once a week. My legs are still pretty skinny and weak compared to others. But compared to what I had last year, this is a HUGE improvement. Gotta love the tan lines though, they're starting to fade now since summer is over.
    [url]http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp265/1averagejoe/1.jpg[/url]
    [url]http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp265/1averagejoe/2.jpg[/url]

Shave them greek, you know you want to.
    Last edited by 1averagejoe; 20-11-08 at 08:46 AM.

You definitely have some definition, but I'm not shaving my legs haha.

You definitely have some definition, but I'm not shaving my legs haha.
    I warn you...

Keep riding, and you will.

Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    I warn you...

Keep riding, and you will.
    Dude, I'm Greek and Italian. If I shaved my legs I would look so weird haha. Chest hair (not a lot) and no leg hair would not blend well.

personally i think u shud shave 4 ur bf

"A kiss is a lovely trick, designed by nature, to stop words when speech becomes superfluous."

1averagejoe says:

"Since neo posts his sexyness all over the forums. I think I'll give him a run for his money."

ha ha ha, wtf? Where are all these places that I post my pics? I keep them confined to select threads and the gallery. Anyway, here are my legs for comparison (pics were taken in my gym's locker room)

It looks like you shave your legs too Neo. Why?

I shave them b/c I'm a bodybuilder. It shows more definition, and I prefer it for aesthetic reasons.

You've posted pics in the gallery on on here before.

Well...I clearly got some more training to do. haha

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast