+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Connecticut Shooting Leaves 28 Dead, Including 20 Pupils

Fact is, guns can be used for defense or offense. You remove the right to carry guns, all you are doing is removing the defensive portion. Guess what? The guys you are worried about will still be carrying them. Good luck trying to reason with a psycho carrying an automatic.
    Using your logic. Can you explain why they do not have this scenerio you paint in Briton where guns are illegal or at the very least very, very difficult to be approved to own?
    Last edited by Wakeup; 17-12-12 at 12:48 AM. Reason: to add

Tell me why reasonable, responsible citizens with permits shouldn't have them and I'll concede the point. It's really that simple.
    Because they teach their mentally ill son's how to use them and the leave them out for them to mass kill.

How many times does this avoidable tragedy have to happen in your country before the fanatics for the right to bear arms realize that you are looking more and more like deranged individuals to so many other countries of the world? Bear your damn arms but re-write the rules for gods sakes.

We're all entitled to our opinions however; It's beyond incomprehensible and unconscionable (to me at least) that anyone would have this right-to-bear argument after what's just happened. Please have some respect for those who have just lost their little babies.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 17-12-12 at 01:43 AM.

Here is an interactive map about gun control in the US. In most states, there is basically none. Funny enough though, CT actually is on the upper level of US gun laws.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/stategunlaws/scorecard/CT/
    Last edited by Cerby; 17-12-12 at 01:59 AM.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

The wacko nutjobs on a survivalist forum I visit are saying that this was done by the government to get legislation for gun control!!!!!!
    And has nobody else noted the irony - people flocking to church after this massacre? Where was their god when the loony was killing those children then?

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    The wacko nutjobs on a survivalist forum I visit are saying that this was done by the government to get legislation for gun control!!!!!!
    And has nobody else noted the irony - people flocking to church after this massacre? Where was their god when the loony was killing those children then?
    It's all good, Westboro Baptist has this covered, they're going to go to the funerals to spread the word of God.... :S

Quote Originally Posted by steviej View Post
    You're just making massive assumptions without any knowledge on the subject at all. You have a misguided view and come to some strange conclusions without any evidence or facts. No objective reasoning whatsoever, just pure speculation.
    You should apply to work for fox news!

Lol@ the olympics is retarded, well someone is definitely retarded and it's not the olympics...
    You don't win an argument by saying the other person is making assumptions or strange conclusions without evidence or facts or objective reasoning or just pure speculation.

My point about the Olympics being retarded is, you shouldn't use the Olympics as a defense of gun control. That's completely stupid.

How about you try making real points instead of saying I haven't?

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Because they teach their mentally ill son's how to use them and the leave them out for them to mass kill.

How many times does this avoidable tragedy have to happen in your country before the fanatics for the right to bear arms realize that you are looking more and more like deranged individuals to so many other countries of the world? Bear your damn arms but re-write the rules for gods sakes.

We're all entitled to our opinions however; It's beyond incomprehensible and unconscionable (to me at least) that anyone would have this right-to-bear argument after what's just happened. Please have some respect for those who have just lost their little babies.
    Actually, it is not insensitive at all; when bad things happen, it's good and fair to have a dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Actually, it is not insensitive at all; when bad things happen, it's good and fair to have a dialogue.
    Excellent from Obamas spokesmouth. Not the time to talk about gun control. I'd say is was the perfect time to talk about gun control. Only Obama has not got the guts to take on the gun loving loonies. He's on a second term. What exactly does he have to lose because he'll never stand for election again.

A change in gun control will likely change nothing. Fighting the constitutional right to bear arms is an impossible task, and regulating them won't keep them out of the hands of people who really want to get them. It may have changed things in Connecticut, but remember the guns he used were all correctly registered by his mother, background checks were all passed. The only breakdown by her was making them accessible to him while in the house, and that is her fault, not the governments.

True but I highly doubt these middle class moms who buy guns are really going to go to the black market to get a gun if they were banned. I have a hunch that most of the recent massacres weren't by impoverished loonies but middle-class dweebs (this kid, look at that hair and that face; ****ing looney; VT, loony Asian guy, Columbine, dork gaming overenthusiast nutjobs). They all lived in middle-class areas. I don't see why the common person needs a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Yeah, I wonder how they're going to ascribe this as fitting into "God's greater plan" or whatever BS. "Yeah, children were massacred and not just shot once but twice each to inflict more pain JUST so our community can get together." LOL at religious logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    I didn't say we shouldn't have a dialogue, I'm saying that *I* find it disrespectful and insensitive to those who have lost their children to be touting. I wouldn't want to read the spew coming from right-to-own fanatacs right now. Particularily those with arguments that are illogical and based on paranoia. I've never seen any citzens from other *free* countries rant about government takeover and "Escape From New York" type paranoia like I've seen from right-to-own die hard Americans. Why are all of you so paranoid?

Too soon to be dialoguing right to own IMNSHO. No one but another diehard will see their point.

Then don't read it, that simple. There's no such thing as "too soon" in a nation where we laugh at 9/11, the Holocaust or Darfur or some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    remember the guns he used were all correctly registered by his mother, background checks were all passed. The only breakdown by her was making them accessible to him while in the house, and that is her fault, not the governments.
    Kinda ironic then that she was the first one to be killed.

it's not simple at all, LR As I said, we all have a right to our opinions. I've read it.. It's too late to say "don't read it" after the fact. How does one not read something before they even know what it's going to say?

Further: If the government enacted laws to restrict ordinary citizens from owning automatic weapons, then she would never have been able to obtain the types of weapons she ownd (legally). I think that most ordinary citizens would not know who to meet to obtain them illegally.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 17-12-12 at 03:06 AM.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast