+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What gets on your nerves?

people who do not give me enough personal space while standing in line. Even worse, when you hit my ankles with your carriage.

Allergies in the summer and never having tissue nearby as my nose liquid runs all over my face. Makes me want to gag when that happens.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    people who do not give me enough personal space while standing in line. Even worse, when you hit my ankles with your carriage.
    You should just start screaming "PERSONAL SPACE BUBBLE!!! PERSONAL SPACE BUBBLE!!!" Over and over. They'll get the hint.

Indoor bugs! Get outside you little BUGGERS! Squish squash!
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Moronic trolls who feel the need to play their BS games. Apparently some jerkward was in here over the weekend or something because there are tons of posts with the same person listed as the last person to comment.... yet when I get here they aren't on a single thread. So, I guess they were a troll and have already been removed. But, it is super annoying because it makes it hard to see which threads actually HAVE had new responses. Some people have no life.

Gummy was Limpy.. the troll spammer from before? Obviously got themselves a new ip or two to play with.

Haha...do any of you have actual jobs? So much free time on your hands, ladies and gents. :p I don't think Peter posts on other people's relationship questions, just the ones he himself poses, fyi.

I recently visited the Vatican and we were told by our tour guide that speaking was strictly prohibited in the Sistine Chapel as I am sure everyone and every other group was told. I was surprised to hear how noisy it was when I entered. The guards had to yell "silencia" several times.

It gets on my nerves when people cannot show respect for the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    I recently visited the Vatican and we were told by our tour guide that speaking was strictly prohibited in the Sistine Chapel as I am sure everyone and every other group was told. I was surprised to hear how noisy it was when I entered. The guards had to yell "silencia" several times.

It gets on my nerves when people cannot show respect for the rules.
    I've always had a bit of pet peeve about stuff like that too. That is a good example. How hard it is to just shut the heck up for a few minutes? They make the effort to tell you ahead of time that you can't talk. If you have a problem with that.... don't visit. People can be so disrespectful.

While, I agree that it is super annoying people talk in sanctuary type places, most people are there for only once in their lifetime so I did expect chatter. Speaking of talking, I can't stand people talking non-stop in the theater. Especially those who are with people that don't understand the language the movie/play/musical is in. So they decide to be a translator for every sentence.

So, it's ok for people to speak in one of the holiest places in the world when asked not to but, not ok in the movie theater when there is a language barrier? I don't like people talking at the movies either but, whether you will be returning to the Vatican or not, you were asked for complete silence out or respect. If you were part of a tour, you were given 10 minutes inside. Is it impossible to be silent for 10 minutes? I think it says a lot about us as people if we are not willing to respect a request like that.

I would also ponder what exactly does it add to your experience by talking? What exactly does it subtract from your experience by not being allowed to talk? That's right... NOTHING. If you want to discuss it with your group, you can easily do that after. No reason you HAVE to talk in a place where they specifically asked you not to talk.

Though, I do agree with hating it as well in the movie theater. I love movies. They are basically like my favorite thing. So, if you ruin that experience for me you should count yourself lucky we live in a society that frowns on sticking sharp objects into annoying people.

All the leftover spammer f.ucks posts...messes up all the real "last posted" posts.

People who pull the "chat and cut". They see someone in a line that they know and start a conversation with them so they can move up in the line.

That should be grounds for them to be banished to the back of the line. And, their friend will be judged for their level of guilt, since it is entirely possible they never intended to let the person cut. So, they shouldn't be punished for their friend's misdeeds unless they were a willing participant in the butting.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast