+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: forbidden love

it was definitely a race thing..i didnt think so..i thought it was *because he wasnt a yugoslavian boy*...but after hearing *couldnt you like a white guy?* i knew where it was heading...i respect my parents...completely...and i do understand their opinion..(where they are coming from..very traditional and strict european parents) however..i obviously dont agree with their opinion..so yeah...oh man...tell me about this whole *stuck in the middle* thing..and its sad that i have to drag my boyfriend into this too..he sticks it out with me..

and well..sweetee...i totally agree with people listening to their parents...i have always listened to my parents..i have been such a good kid..but when this issue arose...i strongly disagreed with what they wanted me to do...and for the reason they wanted me to do it...so went against them..not to rebel..but to stay true to my own feelings...of course..who's to say its love...but then again..who's to say that it isnt..? its tough..i know..

How long is this thread going to be drug out? This girl has already made her mind up and has decided to lie to her parents. It sounds like her problem is solved.

People enjoy debating.

Since when does freakin race matter? People are people. I'm sorry. Your parents are buttholes. Keep dating him behind their backs(if thats what they want)

Quote Originally Posted by Pears
    Whether it is one race or not, you are still trying to confine marriage within the Yugoslavian group. You still want to keep the Yugoslavians pure.
    Talk about sensationalizing your response. Do you work for the American media? What's this purity crap? It's a matter of culture and pride not friggin purity.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    How long is this thread going to be drug out? This girl has already made her mind up and has decided to lie to her parents. It sounds like her problem is solved.
    Ummm...no. She actually created another problem on top of the one she already had.

Hey secret, do you know any serbian? Do you listen to any serbian, bosnian, macedonian, croatian music?? Just out of curiousity.

Quote Originally Posted by Buotro
    It's a matter of culture and pride not friggin purity.
    Do you know what racial purity is?

Here is your take on culture and pride:
    Hey, it's alright to date who you want but when it comes to marriage I'd say you should stick to your standards. We are a proud people with a lot of culture. There should be absolutely no reason to date somebody else. Serbian NT!!! Napred Plavi!!!
    Here is [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_purity]Wikipedia's definition of racial purity[/URL] :

Racial purity is the belief that people of different race should not intermarry or reproduce, purportedly to protect the "purity" of one or both races.

So what you mean by "culture and pride" is really racial purity. Don't twist words and their meanings around to make yourself sound better. You're the one who is "sensationalizing your response."

Quote Originally Posted by Pears
    Do you know what racial purity is?

Here is your take on culture and pride:

Here is [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_purity]Wikipedia's definition of racial purity[/URL] :

Racial purity is the belief that people of different race should not intermarry or reproduce, purportedly to protect the "purity" of one or both races.

So what you mean by "culture and pride" is really racial purity. Don't twist words and their meanings around to make yourself sound better. You're the one who is "sensationalizing your response."
    Serbs have been marrying Croats, Bosnians, Macedonians, Romanians, etc. for many, many years. So your BS arguement about keeping the Serbian race pure is mute right there. I'm talking about maintaining the identity of Serbian people and our culture. This is about culture, the common language we share and the common values, etc. That is also what I meant about "standards". I do believe people have different standards if they have different values and a different background. I was raised by European parents with European values, and I can tell you right now that many times I couldn't see eye to eye with how some of my American friend's parents raised them.

do i speak serbian..?? yes....do i listen to serbian music..?? everyday...do i attend serbian concerts and events...YES!!..i'll see you at Viki and Dzani! lol..yeah...im really close with my mak and serb culture....speak it at home and everything...

..and yes...this thread has gotten long..it had brought out the *debater* in everyone..i swear..lol..controversyyy...

Quote Originally Posted by secrets
    do i speak serbian..?? yes....do i listen to serbian music..?? everyday...do i attend serbian concerts and events...YES!!..i'll see you at Viki and Dzani! lol..yeah...im really close with my mak and serb culture....speak it at home and everything...

..and yes...this thread has gotten long..it had brought out the *debater* in everyone..i swear..lol..controversyyy...
    I re-read your first post. I forgot that this guy is your first. My first girl was Pakistani. It's all good when you're young and you don't think about some of the serious stuff that you think about when you're 24 like me and in a relationship. Being with the girls I've been with has only brought me closer to my culture. I realize it is too big a part of me to ignore. Besides if I end up with a non-Yugo girl I will have to constantly explain to her why my family and yugo friends are always coming over without any notice. She probably wouldn't be able to take me constantly playing narodna or know how to make turkish coffee, either.

..ohh...you'd be surprised how similar the filipinos and the yugos are...lol..i've realized that while dating mike....hahah..the uncalled visits...lol..dont worry..yeah..and he's sooo gonna love me and my home cooked food..he's my first boyfriend...you never know what can happen...but im surely willing to adapt to one culture if he is willing to adapt to mine..so yeah..we dont know whats in store for us...however...if we end up together..everyone here is invited to the wedding...lol..and as far as the music goes...lol..only turbo folk and narodna and stuff play in my car..my boyfriend has gotten used to that..lol..now i just gotta teach him the *zikino kolo* and we are good to go..hahaha

Who said anything about keeping my race pure? You are putting words in my mouth.
    Jesus Christ!!! A yugoslavian girl betraying her own people. There should be absolutely no reason to date somebody else. Serbian NT!!!
    Hmmm

That's a tough one...

Who said anything about keeping your race pure?

Wait

let me think about this one for a second

Mmmm, I wonder

Who said it... Who said it...

Oh that's right

it was

YOU

Eins Zwei Drie recht recht
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

My first girl was Pakistani.
    There should be absolutely no reason to date somebody else. Serbian NT!!!
    Oh My god. What a betrayal!! What an inhumane and horrible treason
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

If this thread gets any closer to being a flame war over people of 2 races inter-marrying then it will be locked and deleted.

Some of you need to realize that not everyone on this board is from the U.S.A., and the ideas and liberties that you so easily take for granted are not always so openly practiced in the rest of the world. Just because one family or people share a specific belief about their race that differs from YOUR belief does not automatically make them wrong.

And none of you are going to change that for anyone else.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

well said cybog....(im writing from canada..ps) lol..

but never was it my intention to start controversy or debate..just wanted to advice or input on my situation that i continue to deal with day in and day out...i guess interracial marriages and couples is still something that not everyone is accepting of...i guess it comes down to personal preference...but i dont think in any way..that i am going against my culture or my values by dating someone that is outside of my background..but yeah..

talk about the forum debate..lol..

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast